1.8 Update is near!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, May 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In the short amount of time before waste resests, I SHALL CLAIM ALL OF SMP2's CLAY AS MINE!
    Chespinlover77 and AmusedStew like this.
  2. It just dawned on me how close 1.8 is to emc XD I got to get my stuff for my banners and armor stands :p
    Byeforeverthe2nd likes this.
  3. banners for towels in bathrooms! <.<
    ShelLuser and Chespinlover77 like this.
  4. I believe 1.8.4 was only relevant for servers. 1.8.3 client will be good enough to get the bug fixes and mods.
    ShelLuser and Byeforeverthe2nd like this.
  5. hmm so its may 3rd...in one of the ingame messages it was stated between may 3rd-6th so is it gonna be today or are we still runnning on aikar time =p
    (not impatient just want sea lanterns and banners as soon as possible)
  6. It just turned may 3rd lol... We might make the 6th still.
    ShelLuser, Byeforeverthe2nd and 607 like this.
  7. so basically the definition of impatient.
    in emc time it turned may third an hour ago, even if he was ready the server would be going on and off right now with all the things he didnt catch but break errything. plus the waste resets, which are manual
  8. Still 72 hours of work to do! In all seriousness, this is awesome. Don't rush it if it's not perfect!
  9. It wont be perfect because bugs and *gasps* exploits will be found when 10,000 players run around on it for two weeks - In fact I'd bet money that more issues (in terms of a general count) get found and plugged when the community gets access than in development. 10,000 sets of fresh eyes can find issues more quickly than eyes who have been working night and day prepping for release for two plus weeks.

Key is making sure it stable enough and all known major bugs/exploits are found and plugged.
    ShelLuser, Gawadrolt, 607 and 2 others like this.
  10. Well considering we are a few months behind, thankfully Spigot has knocked out most bugs =P

The very first time I turned the 1.8 server on, nothing crashed... Thats not normal for updates lol.
  11. I think it is needed yay slime blocks and armour stands. Here we come
  12. Especially with all the custom code running around - you'd think the server would throw a fit initially.
    Gawadrolt and bitemenow15 like this.
  13. Well I design my code to avoid a lot of the bugs that Spigot themselves runs into. So my "bugs" result in me not even being able to compile the server.

But once I get it compiled, I usually hope to see things pretty stable unless I messed up some logic of an update.

And we only changed like 10 lines of code in the plugin itself for the initial update... and some of those were simply renames where a utility library we use just simply changed what folder it was in.
    https://gist.github.com/3cc0b2d8d29fb28ccf54
    ShelLuser and canuckshockey like this.
  14. :confused: uuuuuuuuhh oookaaay. I understand the words themselves .. it's the arrangement of said words that always gets me with all dat tech talk. So, on to something i do understand. :cool: I'm not really looking forward to the 1.8 update but as things always progress I glad that at least we will be doing it in as smooth a way as possible. Thank You!! Aikar and Staff for ALL the hard work and effort you've put into everything. <--- my special tech word :D Your efforts are much appreciated. <3
    Ziemer2, God_Of_Gods and Gawadrolt like this.
  15. Can I double like this ^^^ and say that I'm right there behind you with the... what are we talking about here? oh, everything... got it.
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  16. I have a Question, when Wastelands reset, are the new seeds Random or are they specifically picked because they have things like Mesas, Mega Tagias, Ice Spikes, etc. (Basically Biomes with Things only found in that Biome) in The Radius the wastelands is in
    Gawadrolt and Byeforeverthe2nd like this.
  17. Completely random seed.
  18. Oh Noes, Looks like there Might be a Chance we will Have to journey through the Wild to get Hardened Clay, Red Sand/Sandstone, although probably a very small chance thankfully
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.