1.8 Update is near!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, May 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes, there is often no mesa biome (for example) in your home server's Wasteland, but don't forget to check all the other servers' Wastelands, as there's bound to be a mesa biome (for example) in at least one of them.
  2. I'll take your 2 weeks and raise it to 2 months.
  3. Ill take your 2 months and raise you 4 months.
    BrenJone likes this.
  4. I'll take your 4 months and raise you 4 years.
    Luckygreenbird likes this.
  5. I'm actually looking forward to that. That moment when you skurry over the maps, grab another coffee (or something stronger) and peek closely at the still updating live map. Wait, what?! Was that a red dot I saw pop up out of the fog ("fog of war"; black areas used to hide undiscovered terrain in RTS games) or was that some backlog residue stuff?

And before you know you stashed up on some enderpearls and go out to explore in the wilderness. And we'll have a new Highway to Mesa project starting all over! Guess I'd better prep. my AC/DC CD :)
    crystaldragon13 and Ziemer2 like this.
  6. Hm... still updating live map? I thought the live map acted weird nowadays.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  7. It only reacts to block changes. doesnt trigger by walking anymore.
  8. Just waiting for dat:
    Server rebooting. TIME FOR 1.8!
    Byeforeverthe2nd likes this.
  9. You still have 2 weeks xD lol
  10. I can wait
  11. I was kidding you must be new around these forms. You don't know aikar time xD
  12. Ill raise your 4 years and give you 5 days xD
  13. Aikar, don't let this update be "Valve Time". That would make me sad as I'm burned out and I need those new blocks.
  14. Oh gosh. Dont get me started on Aikar time
  15. 1.8 would be the birth of so much new stuff on EMC, if it would really come!
  16. So are we going to have to use a 1.8.4 client or will all 1.8 clients work? I need my mods and can only find them in 1.8.0 D8
  17. Just a quick thought... Aikar, will tnt destroy granite, andesite and diorite? I was auctioning some gunpowder and thought it would be an appropriate time to ask. In 1.8 they are "common" blocks, so I was curious if this has been tested?
  18. All 1.8 clients will work.
  19. I cannot be conclusive here since I obviously don't know any test results or such, however: these types are basically variations of the common stone type (ID 1). So; diorite is 1:3 and the polished version is 1:4. So I think it would be logical to assume that they all behave the same as regular stone does.
    607 and Byeforeverthe2nd like this.
  20. they all share same block ID so they will be destroyed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.