1.8 Update is near!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, May 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thanks for the clarification i was just guessing :p might wanna change the wording on the broadcast tho
    JesusPower2 likes this.
  2. Aikar, Chicken, and anyone else who helped make this possible. I want to hug, kiss, and otherwise grope the lot of you... I won't tho, as far as any of you will remember. It'll get me banned from EMC if I do that.
    Byeforeverthe2nd likes this.
  3. chin likes being groped, and singing in mumble
  4. First off: I'm very excited. One way or the other; 1.8 adds some interesting new features and it will be very satisfying to be able and use these on my favorite Minecraft server.

At the risk of repeating myself.. I already shared something similar in another thread but I'll try to keep it short this time! (really! :rolleyes:).

I just wanted to say that I think the overall timing couldn't have been better. I know Aikar had a small set back with work which, amongst other things, more or less forced you guys to change the updating schedule and move 1.8 more ahead. But I also think that not updating prior to the release of 1.8.3 was also the best thing to do.

Way too many people were experiencing major performance issues back then, myself included. It was during the end of March / beginning of April that I started using 1.8.3 all the time. And only a few weeks ago did I fully convert all my save files to the new 1.8 format. And I can't help wonder that there are more players who suffered from all those issues.

But since most of those problems have been addressed....

So yeah, I'm excited!

Hmm, maybe I should start a slime hunt so that I can immediately craft slime blocks the very moment we're into 1.8 :)
    MCTabletKid, Byeforeverthe2nd and 607 like this.
  5. Im just glad they made a better reason for slimes. :D

They are probably one of my favorite blocks.
    Byeforeverthe2nd and ShelLuser like this.
  6. Oh yes. I saved up 27 DCs for that very reason.
    ShelLuser, 607 and AmusedStew like this.
  7. I almost have 9 at my farm, and told sam that I would have to take all 9 back to town later on so I can have them when we go 1.8

He was like: why wait for 1.8 easy travel

I was wondering what he meant.... then I noticed he meant craft blocks and make one trip.... xD
  8. Will guardians be eggifiable?
  9. I wouldn't think so, as they're hostile.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  10. boo =.=

oh well. rabbits can be, right? >.>

EDIT: except the evil red-eyed ones, right?
    607 likes this.
  11. Even that one should be. Just not guaranteed it will be evil after being egg'd.
  12. Just a bucket of cold water.. ;)
  13. Yes, this is true. Pity they didn't include the same mechanic as they did with Barriers (Item + Creative mode needed to use).
    607 likes this.
  14. Like this post if you don't trust Aikar time.
    [edit] this is only a joke don't really press that like button.
  15. Please don't ask for likes. In any situation its against the rules. Okay
  16. oops didnt know i was trying to be funny...
    607 and Perry_Stahlsis like this.
  17. I'm excited too, but... I won't be able to go to 1.8.4 until Forge and Liteloader (Optifine and voxelmap) support it. So far they're both stuck on 1.8.0. . . Does anyone know of a way to hack it together by just using the Jars? I tried today and wasted 3 hours of my life.
  18. I agree, and I've been collecting all the lapis I encounter, so I think I'm set for a while. :)
  19. *Grabs Eff 5 Pick* *Runs to Mesa before Reset*
  20. Why? Im preparing to completely destroy the mesa AFTER we go 1.8 >:]
    Qwerty189 and ShelLuser like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.