1.8 Update is near!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, May 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If one spawns at my outpost, there shall be drop parties to celebrate! Thank you for this Aikar!
  2. +9000000000000000

Woo! Thanks for putting your time and effort into this update! :D
  3. I'm a rebel will use 1.7.10 launcher until 1.8 is actually out so the game tells me about the update
    607, ShelLuser and Gawadrolt like this.
  4. So, when 1.8(4) is dropped, all the Wastelands will be reset?...Or will that be an automatic change?
  5. I'm asuming they are being reset with the update, not that it automatically resets. I'm not a programmer but I'm guessing that the two combined(launching 1.8.4 AND resetting the waste) is going to be a pretty big task. Maybe I'm going to have to buy some more ruppies to celebrate! As aikar has said before, his work has been taxing so I'm sure, after things have finally calmed down for him that putting all the time into this probably wasn't the first thing he wanted to do(I could be wrong, coding and testing relentlessly and chasing down all the bugs, could be the most relaxing thing to aikar. don't forget all the time chikeneer has put into it as a developer also. If I'm missing anyone, blame it on me being noob-ish. I'm sure other staff were helping out plenty as well) that I feel like my money is well spent here at EMC. *applause to the staff*

Edit: submitting my application for marketing head XD hehe
    MrsWishes, BevK56 and ShelLuser like this.
  6. So, will the 1.8.4 version be obligatory or will previous versions of 1.8 also be usable? Cause not many mods get realeased on 1.8.4 yet...

7. You can use all versions if 1.8, 1.8, 1.8.1, 1.8.2, 1.8.3, 1.8.4.

I would be willing to bet there are lots of mods for the other versions and lots for 1.8.4. If your favorite mod whether it be autoswitcher, voxel map, crafting guide mod, potion making helper mod(must have) noteblock mod, redstone helpers, etc... I'm sure there is a player making a mod to replace it or someone is developing the original mod you have to be able to play on 1.8.4 sooner than you might think. Most of the mods I have used, if there is enough demand, or if the mod is actually useful, there is no lack of motivation to get it updated.
    TheTechGenius likes this.
  8. will promos still be able to use or... should we sell them right away?

9. On this I can only offer my opinion though it seems to make sense to me: there is no way that if promos were broken that they wouldn't be fixed. That would be a slap in the face to the most loyal player base in the game. like i said though, i can only speculate.
    607 likes this.
  10. This looks epic! I'm so exited to be able to add armour stands to my armoury and stuff =DDD
  11. I've been reading up on this a little bit (but haven't had time to heavily test this) but some of the comments I read on the Net imply that although the required levels for enchanting have been reduced to 3, the effort it takes to earn those levels back again has also changed. So basically its said that going back from 27 to 30 (to name an example) is a lot harder than it was on 1.7.

I don't know exactly how much harder, but I can confirm that there is a difference. There's a 1.8 game I'm involved with which sporadically happens during the weekends, and even though we managed to build 3 "outposts" there (one where we started, one in the Nether and one on a new location) my XP level is approx. 39. After having done quite a bit of mining and mob hunting.

So I can't help wonder if you're referring to simply raising the XP requirements to "1.7 standards" or if you're talking about a complete rehaul to basically retain the whole XP setup (earning & spending) as it is used on 1.7?

I suppose we'll soon find out anyway but figured I'd ask.
    607 likes this.
  12. My armour is ready my potions are made all the building work I do delay . No need to show me the way....
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  13. Sweet Honey bee of infinity! Looks like malls / shops might have some new items too! :)
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  14. ya hoo! :D
    marioty2.jpg
    sorry for the small image, blame google >.<
    607 likes this.
  15. It's about tooting time now for dragon tombs :D
    Trucker454 likes this.
  16. The wastes are reset manually by SS+, so it'll be sometime after the initial update.
  17. Sorry if I missed a post, but does this mean player heads will work?
    bitemenow15 and hashhog3000 like this.
  18. They will
    Luckypat likes this.
  19. they should
    the emc broadcast says the reset will coincide with the update so maybe he is going to being the server down, load the update and new world bring them up then let ss work on that server while he loads 1.8 on another one idk
    the recommended version atm is 1.8.3 for most mods to work like forge, liteloader, optifine and a few other big ones
    i dont rlly know how you think promos are getting broken but i would assume they would still function the same
    vanilla enchanting, repairing, and exp is getting an overhaul so how that interfaces with aikars changes to the existign enchanting system has yet to be seen, but i expect the first week or so to be a little rocky and full of minor patches
    PenguinDJ, 607, cadgamer101 and 2 others like this.
  20. It coincides with the update purely because that's when were going to do it, the steps will be;
    • Server is updated to 1.8.4 (All the servers will be restarted at the same time likely.)
    • SS then perform the reset soon after.
    I'm purely saying this so people don't expect the wastes to be reset when the server comes back online, because it won't be, there's still a manual process.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.