(1.18.2) 1.18.1 Caves and Cliffs: Part 2 Update and Residence Bookmarks

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by chickeneer, Jan 21, 2022.

1. So I noticed today with the update that when I spawn a sheep egg on an existing sheep the new one comes out the color it already was instead of the color of the one it was spawned on (for example if I spawn a yellow sheep egg on a blue sheep, the new sheep still comes out yellow - where previously spawning any sheep egg on a blue sheep would make the new one come out blue regardless of its original color).
    Is this an intended change from vanilla or a bug? (since it seems to still work the old way in SP)
    607 likes this.
  2. This is an intended change. Single Player has no mechanism for obtaining mob eggs. So naturally, we need to do some tweakings to make it balanced as entity storage via egg - and not allow trait duplication.
    Fred_TWK, KaliaLlama and 607 like this.
  3. Did anything change with witches gens? Right click or simply placing on my head does not work anymore.
  4. Have you tried opening your inventory and then right clicking it?
    607 likes this.
  5. Ah that worked. Never had to do that before. Thanks.
    DrasLeona247 likes this.
  6. Small update went out overnight with 1.18.2 viaversion support.

A couple of small adjustments were made as well.
    • Adjusted the Residence Bookmarks limits to be.
      No Rank: 4->20
      Iron: 8->50
      Gold: 16->100
      Diamond: 50->300
    • Fixed the "Home" of entities to be more consistent. You shouldn't be able to dump a horse on someone elses residence now without elevated permission.
    • Fixed firefloor counter.
    • Allow dyes/glow ink to be used on shop signs.
    • Loosened restrictions on piston pushing for rails and carpets. (So you should be able to push them with a sticky piston now).
    • Loosened the restriction on dispensing spawn eggs - to only when they are marked pre-tamed. So more horses should be dispensable now.
    • Added some games stuff by Moople (they still need to be tested and re-released from Games server).
    • Reworded the new player messaging to better communicate what is triggering the message and use 2 lines less often.
    Before/After:

I have Spring Break in a week, so am hoping to knock a project or two then!

Edit: also will fix that comma splice...
  7. But the llama revolution!!! 😂

Does this apply to the /town spawn too? Sometimes lots of starter horses lingering there.
    UltiPig likes this.
  8. There are some things that hard code things to /town spawn in the event we can't find any other place to put them. The alternative is just to kill them.
    If I remember right, I closed enough of the holes with horses so that there should be significantly less getting stuck at /town spawn.

As always, send me a message if something is broken - I will try and get it fixed. Can't fix it if people aren't complaining at me. haha
  9. I noticed voter banners are not able to be fixed when changing a name. Tried it on an alt a few weeks ago and didn't let me.
  10. I'll look into it. In general, you could send a message to https://pmss.emc.gs/ and we can manually fix it for you if needed before I can get it fixed.
    W1therRex, 607 and ThaKloned like this.
  11. Sounds good. Thanks :)
  12. I just tested it, and it worked for me. So maybe send that message either way so I can know what the problem is for your specific case.
    W1therRex, 607 and ThaKloned like this.
  13. I'll try again first just to make sure. I did try it shortly after we updated.
  14. Further to this point, if only one person reports something, I may not think it is a very big deal. Not to say that you should get your friends to also report the exact same thing (please don't). But if someone also notices it and it has been a while since you reported it - would not hurt for them report as well.
  15. Hey everybody. I broke something and new mobs are broken in town. Try and get that fixed tonight... Away from home atm

Edit: this problem was fixed.
  16. Erhmergherd! I just read this. I love the bookmark thingy & I can't wait to try it out. That's fun! Thank you for all of the hard work you put in, making this server the bomb.com!
    <3,
    V
  17. Great work chickeneer!
    Would like to add more interesting stuffs (in feedback box) in furture for more colourful experience
    UltiPig likes this.
  18. Another small update tonight. Main thing is we are now on 1.18.2! I thought 1.18.1 support would have stuck around - but I was wrong. lol. Here are some update notes.
    • Fixed an issue with shulker boxes not breaking with pistons.
    • Updated the compass interface to support y-level... Forgot to get the command side of things in though, so will have to wait for the next update to use that to its fullest.
    • Fixed some issues with AntiGrief for certain really old protected blocks.
    • Improved entity counting when entities travel through nether portals.
    • Fixed an issue where boats/minecarts would get sent to town spawn when exiting them.
    • Add an option in the visit bookmark command for you to try and specify a named location for the destination residence. There are no plans to integrate residence locations into the bookmark system beyond this.
    • Add in more upcoming games stuff #Moople.
    • Winter is ended. :(
    • Adjust the randomly generated speed of horses to be slightly higher. Patch change. Generally speaking, this will bump randomly generated horses to be up to around 139 (although still very rare)
    607, Egeau, Zomberina and 10 others like this.
  19. And you fixed the render distance. :)
    607, Egeau, Zomberina and 2 others like this.