(1.18.2) 1.18.1 Caves and Cliffs: Part 2 Update and Residence Bookmarks

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by chickeneer, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Are 1.17 chunks in the wild updated to have lower coords or are they still just the old bedrock
  2. If you summon a horse on someone else's residence, that residence becomes the horse's new home (and it stays there). And if the residence has 100 entities (max on SMP1-SMP9), the horse still spawns, and the entity count goes to 101.

The llamas are taking over
  3. Yes. Yes, they are...
    KatydidBuild and UltiPig like this.
  4. I didn't know about it. But I have a feeling a lot of people will soon be getting sheep dropped upon them.
    Starsphere likes this.
  5. Not blaming or accusing here. Just realized this was a loophole with the earlier convo about world heights and res perms.
  6. Knowing what this server is like, I was expecting 1.18 to come out later, like around LLO day (March 13).
    FadedMartian likes this.
  7. Well I’m very happy with the update. Before the update I was taking things down to bedrock under one of my builds at my outpost. I found a new cave in the negative and there was a zombie spawner. So now I have a new zombie farm to build which makes me happy.
  8. Not sure if it's been mentioned but heads don't seem to stack. Post update dropped 2 slime heads (not on the same day) and do not stack. Haven't tried to stack with heads pre-update. Is that possible to fix so they all stack even with previous heads?
    EfficiencyV likes this.
  9. have you put the heads in a shulker box, broke the shulker box, placed it down again and tried to stack the heads again?
    EfficiencyV and ThaKloned like this.
  10. You could try running them through vault. (Closing between) to see if that squashes them.

If that doesn't work, then I don't know. Items stacking is an incredibly tough issue that may be solvable but is going to be incredibly convoluted in a way that I would be unsure that it is worth it.
    Items can appear the same on the server's end but different on the client side. And the client decides whether it wants to try and stack things.
    607 and ThaKloned like this.
  11. I will try those methods out and see what happens. Thanks :)
    KatydidBuild and 607 like this.
  12. Fabulous. That works. Haven't tried it with pre-update heads but these stack now :)
    607 and Fred_TWK like this.
  13. works also if you do not break the shulker box, but switch smp instead.
    I've done this for months now.
  14. And works with all previous heads from different versions?
  15. Thanks Fred_TWK!
    my first squid head in 1.18 did not add to my 1.17 stack, so I tried the vault method, did not work, but Freds Shulker method did work.
    (Piglin) heads are another story, but other reasons cause them to not stack
    ThaKloned likes this.
  16. no idea, I am here since less than a year, so I only ever had post-1.16 heads

care to share what's the reason? :D
  17. Great to see :)

Two things:
    1 - There was a bug with updating that every observer that was powered on whilst unloaded for the last time was locked on, without turning off. There is nothing anyone can do about that now, but I should say it as a PSA for everyone with redstone that might be affected, as it can be nice to know when trouble shooting.

2 - 1.18 locks the render distance of the client to the same value as the server, in contrast to previous versions where you could still keep chucks loaded with your client, even when the server didn't sent you them anymore. I think the previous way is objectivly better :p
    There is a client-side mod to fix it available. I made a small thread about it, both to inform people and to ask for permission to use it. :)
    __Devil_, 607, W1therRex and 2 others like this.
  18. I have also noted the post-update change in render distance - a bit obnoxious. I have been waiting to see if anyone else had the issue or if it was just me. Anyway, this is clearly an issue that the community is experiencing. All in all, this has been a very smooth update - little things like this are surmountable. Thanks Chicken and everyone for your work on this update - I speak for many when I say thanks for your hard work. Have a great rest of your week.
    607, Egeau and EfficiencyV like this.
  19. Thank you for this!
    Egeau likes this.
  20. Thanks for this! Woohoo! Hope chickeneer added to list quick!
    Egeau likes this.