(1.18.2) 1.18.1 Caves and Cliffs: Part 2 Update and Residence Bookmarks

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by chickeneer, Jan 21, 2022.

1. I am excited to announce that we are now on Minecraft version 1.18.1! Along with the release of a Residence Bookmarks system.

Update Notes:
    • 1.18 expands the world height to -64 through 319. Residences which were at the previous world min/max have been expanded to these new min/max values.
    • In town, the lowered world height will have dirt! underneath your town plots.
      Non-town worlds will have vanilla world generation beneath y=0. See Minecraft Wiki.
    • To alleviate Senior Staff service requests for all of this extra dirt in town, I have added a new temporary command: /res clearnegativedirt. This command costs 25,000 rupees and will clear all dirt between y=-63 and y=0. Only the owner of the residence may use this command.
      This command will be removed at some point, no Estimated date for that.
    • Some backend code reworking was done with Custom Mobs to allow for future improvements. 1.18 changed some biome aspects of their spawning, general spawning behavior is the same.
    • Added a use:campfire flag.
    • Added a bunch of code for some /games server stuff. Details to come in the future about this. :)
    Bookmark Notes:
    Residence Bookmarks: Stores a list of bookmarked residences across all servers to easily list and teleport to. Relevant commands are as follows. The main command is /bookmark or /bm.
    • /bookmark add <bookmark name> <Residence>: Adds a residence bookmark.
    • /bookmark list (page): Lists bookmarks in chat.
    • /bookmark delete <bookmark name>: Removes a saved bookmark.
    • /bookmark rename <old name> <new name>: Renames a bookmark.
    • /bookmark description <bookmark name> <description>: Sets a custom description for your bookmark.
    • /vb or /visitbookmark <bookmark name>: How you teleport to your saved bookmark.
    • /bookmark or /bm. Opens up a chest UI for viewing your /bookmarks.
    • /bookmark help. Show some help for bookmarks.
    There are some other aliases for the commands, but I have listed the ones I expect people to use most often.

There are some limits on how many bookmarks you can set based on supporter level (don't be mad). If you set a bookmark, you still have access to it even if your supporter level does not match the listed limit. These numbers are not set in stone - and we may look to adjust it depending on the popularity and use of this feature.

(Note: these limits were increased on March 5, 2022)

• Free: 20 max
    • Iron: 50 max
    • Gold: 100 max
    • Diamond: 300 max
    I don't know what else I need to tell you all about this update. I've got some other projects in the works, but I am not quite ready to go into details quite yet. With 1.19 a ways off, we have some freedom on working on focused EMC updates for a bit, yay!

This update should be stable, but as always. Please send all bug reports to the EMC Devs as soon as possible! https://pmdev.emc.gs/
  2. (NOTE. the server will be down for a few minutes while we run the update)

The update is complete so this comment is no longer needed. :)
    ShelLuser, __Devil_, khixan and 4 others like this.
  3. Woo :D Now we only have 1.18.2 ahead of us >.>
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  4. oh mah gerrrddd I love the bookmark system!! Thank you!!
    MoreMoople and Nickblockmaster like this.
  5. Wonder if this update includes the new Sea Pickle Currency
  6. :rofl: :lmao:
    :rofl: :lmao:
    FadedMartian likes this.
  7. Ooo that dirt clearing command is good stuff :D
  8. Can't wait!
  9. Is there a reason that clearing dirt is not an automated thing in general? Feels a bit unnecessary to involve senior staff in it when this command gets removed.
  10. That dirt command will be so useful...
  11. So looking forward to investigate to new frontiers!!
  12. coolio

out of curiousity, why eventually move the dirt remove command in the future? doesnt it just help SS not get overwhelmed with unnecessary SS Service requests?
  13. Woohoo! Thanks for all your hard work, chicken. :D I hope you all enjoy the residence bookmarks. :)
    __Devil_, luckycordel, 607 and 5 others like this.
  14. I totally forgot to mention. That MoreMoople was the one to put the most work into the Bookmarks system. Props go out to taking on this surprisingly large project.
  15. This is a feature I am definitely looking forward to.

Similar to vaults, can you set the item/block for the icon?
  16. Nice work emc staff! So i will try these thing if i have time
    Anyways, i like bookmark function
    UltiPig and nick92461 like this.
  17. Yes :)
  18. Does /res clearnegativedirt only clear Dirt blocks? If I place non-Dirt blocks in the new area then run the command will it leave those blocks untouched?
    FadedMartian likes this.
  19. I just tested it and it will only clear dirt. Though seems to be a minor bug where it will leave a border for utopian residences.

EDIT: Chickneer confirmed it was because of a residence subzone.
    607 and Pab10S like this.
  20. Note. Be careful not to run the negative dirt command on subzones... You may not get what you desire. A fix will go out about that.