1.14 Thread - Village and Pillage

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by 607, Oct 25, 2018.

?

What is the first update thread you participated in on EMC?

1.14 9 vote(s) 15.8%
1.13 4 vote(s) 7.0%
1.12 2 vote(s) 3.5%
1.11 3 vote(s) 5.3%
1.10 0 vote(s) 0.0%
1.9 7 vote(s) 12.3%
1.8 8 vote(s) 14.0%
1.7 8 vote(s) 14.0%
1.6 3 vote(s) 5.3%
1.5 or earlier 13 vote(s) 22.8%
  1. Well, in the meantime, there are a ton of un-abused EMC-only features. People should look into those as well, as there are quite a few very profitable farms waiting to be made by someone with more time and materials than me :)
  2. The best part of a new Minecraft update?
    A new song! :D

3. Looks like existing villagers keep their trades, that is nice!
  4. yey
  5. They keep their trades but appear to act under the new rules of only maxing out the trade twice per day and needing to use a work station and bed to restock it
    TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  6. Which seems the perfect way of handling it!
  7. No, it doesn’t. It just puts a cap on it for no reason. It should have never been impenented. And before anyone screams ‘It was overpowered!’ First of all, name another way to get tools on that scale, or emeralds, which many people use in beautiful builds. Second of all, a perfectly balanced game is no fun, you have to be able to become powerful or it’s boring. Ironically this will cause more grinding rather than less as villagers require more time to be traded with and takes people’s time away from more important things like builds.
    LordKopecz and TomvanWijnen like this.
  8. Luckily they haven't touched fishing. :)

I can fish all day long and get some really sick finds, then combine them using anvils and get some sweet tools that way. :D
    jacob5089 likes this.
  9. Sick finds maybe, but nothing specific. Some people don't like fishing through a sea of trash to get their tools.
    607 likes this.
  10. Eh, to each their own, yeah? :)
    jacob5089 likes this.
  11. Mojang also doesn't seem to care to the players who don't like resetting their worlds (EMC's big thing) When a world from 1.12 or 1.13 is transferred to a 1.14 world, the villagers will become unemployed and reset (thus also shoving away the effort which already took place to get those trades...) while erasing all the trades that the villagers had.

There is also a bug which makes spawns uneven throughout each chunk. This is quite serious, it already has been reported, but if it is not fixed, Witch spawns in huts will drop by more than 30% and many other farms will be affected https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZEY-lWgfdc

Also, when using a basic teleport command (less than 300 blocks away), it takes about 30seconds to a minute to render which used to take less than 10 seconds (at most)...
  12. They don’t rese, I’ve already tested this. They just act under the new rules.

Which is why I said ‘some people’
    607 likes this.
  13. I wasn't talking about the update itself... you'll have to agree that it's the perfect way of handling it, I hope. :p But I can understand that you don't like the change to begin with!

I agree on your first sentence, I've made that consideration myself, but could you cite a source for the second? My source was Etho's episode 519. :)
  14. This is me goofing around on 1.14 (as well as exploring 1.13, which I never had a chance to do upon its release)

This is one creation I made up that I'm very proud of. You can put a campfire on top of fenceposts, so of course I turned that into cheap medieval beacons! I'm so proud of it man

This happens every single time I wake up. It's the swimming animation. I think it's great.

And this is the house I spent all day on yesterday

And finally the village and the bamboo I've been messing with for aesthetic reasons. I used creative to get the bamboo (and the pandas) and I'm not ashamed
    Gawadrolt, 607 and __Devil_ like this.
  15. I just played around in single player on 1.14... this I feel like has been the best update since 1.8 :D SOOO much new stuff and so many new possibilities with builds. Grinding in any game isn't fun so the nerf on the villagers sucks. They were already a pain in the butt to get working for you in a SP world but on EMC they seemed to be a bit OP and I mostly just play on EMC so I am not upset about it at all. The villages are super cool, found one in a cold biome and it had igloos and packed ice. Didn't get to do a raid, but then I only played around with it for about an hour in survival.
    jacob5089 likes this.
  16. I've been grinding on this singleplayer world for about a week now and all I have to say is that the villagers just love jacking my stuff.
    they wont leave my house alone because they want to sleep in my beds but they cant get to them because they're on the second floor
    I do love this update, but I'm not so sure that putting more scripts in a game that doesn't initially rely on scripts is a great idea...
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  17. Huh ill have to test this again then... I had a 1.12 world and loaded it in 1.14 and that is the result I got... I’ll edit in my future findings later today

This video explains the different consequences depending on how you upgrade it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5rcOC2FuU0
    607 likes this.