1.11 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by 607, Sep 25, 2016.

1. The snapshot with the features described here will be released coming Wednesday :)
    ForeverMaster0 likes this.
  2. You can find the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b1kMBSb-tQ

Go to 1:30:00, around that time the presentation for the new features starts. Better time: 1:32:50
    gladranger7, M4ster_M1ner and 607 like this.
  3. Did Mojang give us soulbound armor?

I re-watched the changelog video (a bit) and noticed something: Jeb said that when you apply the curse of binding then you cannot un-equip an item. Even more: killing yourself wouldn't work (though the video & Minecraft wiki contradicts that for now).

But Jeb himself said that killing yourself doesn't work, so if you put mending on the item then you'd be stuck with it forever.

I know seeing is believing (is it Wednesday yet?), and he also said it was to be a very rare drop, mostly usable in adventure maps. But even so... this does come very close to the soulbound items which we know on the Empire.
    ForeverMaster0, nuclearbobomb and 607 like this.
  4. However, the armour did disappear when Jens used /kill. Or does /kill's 1000 damage drain all armour's durability?
    ForeverMaster0 and ShelLuser like this.
  5. This also means people could make "daimond voters armor" on emc...
  6. Exactly, the video contradicts his statement. Guess we'll see on Wednesday :)

Ayups, assuming of course that the curse enchantment works like this and that Aikar allows its usage. I could well imagine (and respect!) that he would keep the binding curse out of the Empire because it sits so close to the soulbound feature (not to mention what would happen if you really couldn't get rid of an armor piece forever).

But for singleplayer (adventure maps or custom survival) it could be very interesting I think. I like the idea of being able to only keep a small subset of my items instead of everything (with /gamerule keepInventory).
    607 and ForeverMaster0 like this.
  7. Soon in the upcoming years in the next upcoming update we are going to add gorillas into the game all named Harmbe. ~Jeb Get the joke?
    nuclearbobomb and ShelLuser like this.
  8. Thanks Shell ...
    I did watch some parts and more and more I got a sort of alienating feeling ...
    and then at 2:43:55 - "... there's a chicken on the back of a horse! That's incredible! That's the best thing I've seen in my life!"
    Well, I had to turn it off there. Strange ... or is it just me? :eek:
    ShelLuser likes this.
  9. My opinion is my opinion. If you disagree with it, that's fine. Qutoing my post and only saying Boo is not in anyway appropriate. If you are going to disagree with me at least explain why.
  10. I was just messin w/ u I'm sorry if I offended you I will remove the comment.
    EDIT: deleted :) I'm sorry I dint mean to bother u really bro I'm just a little excited for 1.11 and woodland stuff :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  11. ILTG likes this.
  12. i can agree with wither i would love a revamp to to the ocean here are some ideas
    • Coral drops coral shards and coral saplings?(not sure what makes coral) can be crafted into coral blocks
    comes in different colors Ex green red yellow blue.
    • Fish mobs all the fish types that we can get from fishing
    drops fish on death and on rare chance coral saplings
    • sharks much like guardians they would attack at the player by charging doing about 3 hearts per hit they would have 30 hp and high swim speed.
    They would die on land, and drop shark teeth, bones and fish.

• ship wrecks would spawn on beaches or bottom of the ocean
    would contain treasure maps to structures or gold, diamonds and other good loot
    If found on a beach has a rare chance of spawning a "pirate" a red coat villager with a eye patch he trades treasure maps , fish, and harpoon arrows ( i will explain them soon)
    • Harpoon arrows crafted with 8 arrows and a shark tooth in the middle reduces the velocity loss in water

• make the water more clear, and replace the gravel with sand
    LtCaptainMe, gladranger7, 607 and 4 others like this.
  13. Yeah, except like 99.9% of our Shulkers have already been killed. Good luck getting a Shulker Box!
    shulkers dont respawn
  14. The waste end will reset. But yeah... those boxes(START THE HYPE) will be limited in quantity with the current end mechanics. Mad dash for the wasteland end, like 1.9 all over again :D
    ShelLuser, 607 and ForeverMaster0 like this.
  15. Didn't say. O_O
  16. The Wastelands of all 3 dimensions (Overworld, Nether, and The End) are reset on semi regular schedule and they are always reset after a version update.
    I stated in the same post that you quoted the Shulkers don't respawn.
    I don't know about another hostile aquatic mob but it would be nice if we could get some real fish and Aquatic plantlife.
    Maybe they could create a marooned pirate mob (they could use the villager as the base) to guard the shipwreck. Oh and a dilapidated ship that could rarely spawn in the middle of large oceans filled with ghosts (now that they have the vex they could also do ghosts pretty easily)!
    Gawadrolt, gladranger7 and Candlewax like this.
  17. I'm starting to see a common trend in the Minecraft Community in general: there always seems to be one or a few really popular and demanded suggestions for the game. Despite consumer's attitudes, I'd say it's a good trait to have: a pride to improve.

Interesting oceans are certainly one of those demands.

Although, Jeb and his teams probably want to rewrite the liquid and lighting engines first to make development there easier when the time comes. Nothing seems to have happened there because it's very likely an extremely tough task and too unpredictable to estimate an accurate development time. But nevertheless, it will be revolutionary if they ever achieve stable editions for water/lava and light.

Once Searge introduced the Structure Blocks and Dinnerbone introducing Loot Tables, they're now adding at least one new generated structure for every major update.
    Optimized internal systems like this gives developers more time to focus on harder problems, such as rewriting the various sub-engines in Minecraft. In fact, for 1.11, Jeb created a new Structure Localization System (SLS) to make Treasure Maps possible, and the /locate command was an easy addition afterwards.

Better internal systems also will lead to causing less bugs when working with them. Minecraft has had so many bugs with liquids and light, because those engines aren't very compatible with the game's refined engines.

In software development, older engines with newer ones often cause illogical or extremely vague bugs/glitches/errors.

And since Mojang doesn't have the great new engines ready, they have to make temporary fixes for serious, game-breaking bugs.
    ILTG, Gawadrolt, MissFable and 2 others like this.
  18. Its wednsday right?
  19. Today is Tuesday. Snapshot is Wednesday.
  20. ^ What he said.

And as a bonus: considering how the HQ sits in Stockholm I guess it's safe to say that we can keep CET in mind here, so us Europeans will probably get the first shot at things :)
    607 likes this.