1.11 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by 607, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Awesome! I hate that I can't access it... No computer to use.

Would it be possible for some of you lovely humans to upload some pictures of new features? (From your snapshot gameplay, not from Google, or Twitter, please. :D)
  2. If you want to avoid world corruption you can install the snapshot in a separate folder.

Step 1. Make a new folder specifically for snapshots
    Windows> Enter "run" into the search bar and activate the program with that name> Type "%appdata%"> click ok> enter the roaming folder> make a new folder called ".minecraft snapshots".

Step 2. Make a new mc profile that will direct to that new folder
    Click on mc app (where ever you have it on your computer)> click "new profile"> Enter preferred profile name (I rec "snapshots" or "testing")> on the line saying game directory edit the end to say ".minecraft snapshots" (if your on pc it should now read "C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft snapshots")> click "enable experimental development version"> Click the "use version" drop down and select the snapshot you want> click save profile

Step 3. Press play, wait for snapshot to install, make new world in singleplayer, and enjoy.
    I highly recommend a creative world to start with.
    Kytula likes this.
  3. I will get you some pics around 11:45-12:00
    ILTG likes this.
  4. Vindicators sound like grumpy old men when you walk on their lawn.
    Vexes sound like... horses?
    Evokers are just Villager noises but lower pitched.
  5. The shulker box is even more amazing than I anticipated! You can even apply different colors to it, making it very easy to differentiate for what you're going to use it:

And the question which was burning on everyone's mind (well, sorta, need the dramatic effect here)....

Yes, you can put a shulker box into a regular chest. At least for now, this is a snapshot and nothing is certain so far :)

But I am already extremely happy that EMC will go directly to 1.11 and that we'll soon have these chests on the Empire as well!

I'll be doing a full review later this week :)
    ILTG, 607, ForeverMaster0 and 3 others like this.
  6. Shulker boxes
    Unlike chest you don't need to leave any space between them but the do need space over the lid in order to open.
    The space over the lid does not need to above them as they can be placed sideways and upside down.

(the bottom 2 in the middle row are inaccessible because their lids are blocked)

This means with careful construction you can make a double or single wide wall composed entirely of these chests if you want.

This is probably not an accident as Shulkers can attach to blocks from all directions as well.
    They also seem to work fine with enderchests and storage on animals (mules, donkeys, Llamas)
    While boxes are available in multiple colors in creative I have not figured out the mechanism for dying them in single player.
    --------------
    Evokers drop emeralds as well as Totems. Totems drop very frequently (1 for 1 so far).
    Vindicators also drop emeralds and the occasional axe.
    --------------
    Different colored carpets appear on Llamas in not only different colors but also different styles/patterns.
    Red

Black

Blue

(I will see about making an album featuring all colors later)

If in close quarters when attacking a wolf Llamas will get into spit battles upon getting hit with friendly fire. They seem to lose hostility if separated far away and then brought back together.
    I was testing the hostility mechanic when these 2 started fighting each other.

(I will see if I can start a herd sized spit war later)

I've seen only 4 coat types. The Most common coat color seems to be white (far right) and the caramel (far left) colored one seems to be the rarest

(From the left: Caramel, cream, cloudy white, white)

I have tried all food stuffs but I have not figured out what Llamas eat or how to breed them.
    Wild Llamas won't attack dogs. If you attack Llama the dog will attack it as well and the Llama won't retaliate. They drop leather upon death.
    Wolves usually run but the will retaliate after their damaged by the Llamas.
    ILTG, ThaKloned, ShelLuser and 4 others like this.
  7. Nope, that's impossible. You can put shulker boxes inside chests, but not inside other shulker boxes.
  8. -

*Everything is subject-to-change.

Architect:
    - Jeb

Internal Name:
    - "Mansion"

Spawn:
    - Roofed Forest (Surface)

Rarity:
    - Very Rare

Treasure Map:
    - Woodland Exploration Map

Exclusive Blocks:
    - None

Exclusive Items:
    - Totem of Undying ("totem" internally)

Exclusive Mobs:
    - Evoker ("evocation_illager" internally)
    - Vex
    - Vindicator ("vindication_illager" internally)

Exclusive Mobs Respawn?:
    - No

Dimensions:
    77*35*59 Blocks

Rooms:
    - Very Various (Most mansions don't contain all room types available!)
    - Aesthetics, Crop Farms, Prisons, Libraries, Bedrooms, Conference Rooms, Arena, Closet, Storages, Smelters, etc.

Chest Loot:
    - Diamond Hoe
    - Beetroot Seeds
    - Rotten Flesh
    - Bone

- String
    - Gunpowder
    - Golden Apple
    - Enchanted Golden Apple
    - Music Disc
    - Name Tag
    - Enchanted Book

- Lead
    - Wheat

- Redstone Dust
    - Gold Ingot
    - Diamond Chestplate
    - Bread
    - Coal

Chest Loot Rooms:

Type 1:
    - Attic space above an arena.

Type 2:
    - At the end of a tight and twisted corridor made of oak wood slabs.

Type 3:
    - Behind a large throne-like structure with a gray banner inside.

Type 4:
    - On a wooden beam of closet rooms.

Type 5:
    - At the end of a room with multiple standing arches.

Type 6:
    - Beside a blue bed in a master bedroom.

Side Information:

*In default-type worlds, Woodland Mansions are very rare, because of a similar reasonings to Jungle Temples: the biome they spawn in, Roofed Forests, takes up a very small percentage of the overworld.
    Due to their rarity, Jeb recommends players to buy a Woodland Exploration Map from a cartographer villager to locate a mansion.

*Jeb considers the mansion an "end-game challenge". Players shouldn't enter the dungeon unprepared.

*The Woodland Mansion marks the 4th generated structure developed using Structure Blocks.

*The Vindicators and Evokers are known as "Illagers", outcasted cousins of the Villagers. Jeb plans to expand this sub-group in future updates.

*Vexes get their name from "vexing" at their opponents.

ILTG, 607, gladranger7 and 1 other person like this.
  9. :(
  10. I think that those were supposed to be the map-dudes but they had some bug I hope they fix it :/
  11. I'll hide some parts of my message to avoid spoiling the possible surprise for those who want to discover stuff on their own, but pardon a mini-rant because I'm super excited.

I will share this in public: a shulker box is a redstoners wild dream come true!

What you see here: The chest on the right feeds mined items into the shulker box (the purple block shown in the middle). Above the shulker box is a dispenser which is being fed new shulker boxes through the hopper chain and the chest on the left. Behind the shulker box is a piston.

I've added a comparator, a torch and some repeaters and on the left of that circuit you'll see the new observer block. This block is totally awesome! It's not only a BUD switch/detector but can also be used as a pulsar (something which sends 1 single redstone pulse). In fact: I'm using it as both here!

Finally, the hopper chain in front leads to a double chest which mimic my storage.

SO what is happening here?

I'm mining, and I need my items transported across a big distance. If I rely on hoppers alone then this will take me hours, which is also assuming that all the chunks are (and remain!) loaded. And before we all start blaming Aikar here: don't! This is all plain vanilla, and even there it takes much too long :(

The solution? Shulker boxes!

This circuit checks the contents of the shulker box, and once it's fully filled up (1728 items, aka 9 * 3 * 64 aka 3456/2 ;)) the observer gets triggered. It sends out one single pulse which does 2 things: first it triggers the piston which breaks the shulker box and moves it into the hopper chain. Now I'm roughly transporting 1 SC per second. Second it delays and triggers the dispenser which places a new shulker box.

After which the mining / loading can continue until this one is filled as well, and then: wham!

Repeat until $mine_depleted();

Other side, as you can see I used a dirty dirt bridge in order to overcome the piston bug. Keep in mind: this is all very ad-hoc building, no thinking, just building. And yes guys: this is awesome!

What I learned about the Shulker box

A shulker box reacts like a normal chest: if there's a block on top then it cannot open. Here things get special: not even if there's another shulker box on top, and not even with a normal chest! Fortunately for us we can still access such a box using redstone mechanics.

Which is what you see above.

I foresee many sleepless nights once when Empire goes to 1.11.
    ILTG, 607, TomvanWijnen and 1 other person like this.
  12. can someone test the /locate command? I have to wait a few more hours till I'm off school!
  13. Works like a charm. If you press tab (tab completion) you'll see all current locations you can use it for:

(edit):

[18:30:02] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Located Village at -376 (y?) -248
    607 likes this.
  14. holy llamas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dude ur brilliant! o man o man..... well I can only say: I nominate shelL to be the official KING OF REDSTONE on EMC.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  15. does it give cords?
  16. As much as I like that I have to be honest: this is really a very straight forward redstone circuit. It's not that special, maybe apart from the weird arc to prevent the piston from triggering ;)

But rest assured that more is coming :p

Yes, I edited & updated my previous post. See the spoiler again :)
    607 and gladranger7 like this.
  17. Welp here is a few pictures of the woodland mansion along with a few other things.
    Here ya go.
    ILTG, ShelLuser and ESSELEM like this.
  18. I love u brother! great shots of everything :)
  19. No problem... if you want screenies of anything else, I can get em.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  20. can I see a lama w/ a couple diff saddles? I would owe u forever...