1.11 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by 607, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Well, the llama isn't just another random mob you kill for food, neither is it just a horse clone. you can ride it AND it attacks hostiles, as it seems. I think that's pretty cool :3 and who doesn't love llamas alpacas are inferior. the new mobs seem to have more complex AIs than the old zombies and skeletons, which i think will be interesting to have fights with. There's also the new redstone block and the shulker shell, those will be very useful.
    I don't think that mojang is running out of ideas, what it seems to me is they're trying to change the mainstream look of minecraft from that game where you just build stuff to more of a survival/adventure game, or at least maybe they're trying to balance it out.
    607, Gawadrolt, Kytula and 1 other person like this.
  2. Sorry for 2 posts but.... It seems a bit weird if I now edit my previous post.

I watched the presentation again and right now I'm already drooling when thinking about all the options we might get....

Imagine...

Not sure if this would be possible but imagine using a hopper to feed items into a shulker box. Then when the box is full you use a piston to move it (it'll drop itself), catch it with another hopper and then actually transport it somewhere. This could save you a lot of time with the transport itself.

Eventually you put it into a dispenser which will place it on top of a hopper. Next to that location is a new observer block which will react to the placing of the shulker box by unlocking the hopper now below it. Then all items get transported even further (maybe into an item sorter).

Or...

This won't be possible on the Empire but only in single player mode, but what about using the new observer block together with the structure blocks? Say you have this contraption which causes a lot of lag. And you only really need it to process some things, say a bunch of melons or pumpkins. So you use an observer block to check for those, then when it's ready you'll load your contraption using a structure block and all your drops can be processed.

Then when everything is done you'll load the original area using another structure block and your source for lag is also automatically removed. Ready for the next cycle.

I think we may very well see some very wild adventure maps appear on 1.11 :)
  3. Finally!! xD
  4. lol
    What about horses?
  5. It hasn't been confirmed yet if the new Illagers, or Outcast Villagers, respawn.

This Wednesday's snapshot should decide that faith.
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  6. Coral would be neat.
  7. Mellowly/Calmly speaking, people are entitled to their opinions.

I found the 1.11 presentation heart-warming, creative, professional, and exciting. It shows how creative game developers can be with what they do.

I could mine into the deep sciences to uncover the meaning, if that's ok. Even if it goes too far-fetched (no pun intended)?
    607, Kytula and ShelLuser like this.
  8. FYI Microsoft just publishes Mojang's content and also promotes it. They don't make additions to the game.

Also, does anyone feel this isn't really "Mine"craft anymore? Seriously, mining isn't even the main subject of this game anymore.
  9. I kind of like it that way, mining and stuff gets repetitive over time :3
    Gawadrolt and Candlewax like this.
  10. Honestly id start llama breeding if this happened
    A) you can controll the direction the llama goes
    B) aikar adds spped jump and health to llamas

EDIT: as far was we know the llamas do have differnt healths
    Kytula likes this.
  11. Pretty sure /locate will be an op only command ,but if Mojang is silly and makes it avail to players, then it will not be avail on EMC (it will only be avail to SS regardless of what Vanilla does)
  12. So.. Just going into 1.11 right not 1.10 if so, might wanna change 'what's next' on the homepage as it currently says 1.10
    Edit: it is development status :p
  13. I still think they missed a good opportunity to add in a mob that I feel would carry the mantle of "Exploration Update" far better than a Llama, and could have been simply added in addition to the Llamas. It would have even used most of the same mechanics as Llamas, but maybe offer a higher perspective of the world around you. What I am talking about are:

Camels

They have been used for centuries to carry people, and their goods in true caravans. The ability to put carpet on them would be very similar, and I feel they would yield a much more potent ptooeey. You could even have 1 hump and 2 hump variations. 2 hump camels could possibly allow a friend to ride along. I also feel that the camel could be an option that could actually carry more than the donkey as opposed to being less than the donkey like the Llamas.

Totems...:(

Why not just in inventory, or make a necklace slot to wear it?

It is a nice feature, just not polished enough in my mind.

Backpacks...

While on the topic of extra slots, why not allow us to equip a backpack instead of a cape or elytra? This would have really made a lot more sense to me that this was a true "Exploration Update"

Aside from those thoughts, I thought the overall upgrades were nice, but I wonder if the addition of the cartographer options will make it harder to obtain enchantment books from the librarians.

All in all, I look forward to the option to carry more stuff when I trek out beyond 100k to my outpost :)
    AyanamiKun, 607, SkeleTin007 and 7 others like this.
  14. True, however, I think they specifically went for this approach because of the hostile attitude. Alpaca's are somewhat of the same nature when it comes to foxes (predators): instead of fleeing they actually take the offense when being attacked. The same applies to lama's. Camels on the other hand are pretty passive.

So I think they specifically went for a neutral / friendly mob which was also capable of fighting.

Probably because that would be a little overpowered. They have to restrict its use somehow, and well, it doesn't sound all that bad to me. Right now I hardly use my offhand, even during mining (that's also because the jittering sometimes drives me crazy). I agree that it would be easier, but then I can't help think that it might get a bit OP.

Still, it wouldn't be the first time when they came up with a new feature and expanded some more on it at a later date. Take the shulker for example: there was a time when it didn't drop anything at all (not even XP), and now they found a really interesting use for it.

And there's always the Empire and its specific features. When I heard the Mojang developers talk about how it won't be possible to put shulker boxes into a shulker box I was like: "Who cares? I can (probably) still /vault it!" :D
    607, SkeleTin007 and Kytula like this.
  15. Sea weed.... I wanted it since Mc came out and suggested it but they ignore it lol.
    Gawadrolt, 607, SkeleTin007 and 2 others like this.
  16. Yeah! We also need to be able to cook beetroot seeds into beetrice seeds and then...

sea weed + raw fish + beetrice = Minecraft sushi!
    607, SkeleTin007, Kytula and 2 others like this.
  17. and it gives you ninja agility in the form of a speed buff! :D
  18. 1.11 sounds really neat, but I need to get used to 1.10 first :p
  19. Nope. Well, I don't at least. "Minecraft" is just the name of the game. And it's still the base, the core.
    But it shouldn't be the only thing you're doing. Crafting is still being used a lot, and mining is definitely still essential. Even with all these dungeon-type buildings, you'll still have to mine to get your first iron and diamonds, it'd be much more efficient than looking all over the place on the surface for loot chests.
    And even if exploring and fighting would get more substantial than mining, that doesn't make it any less "Minecraft". It's a title and a core, but it can be built upon in lots of different directions.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  20. Oh cool the skulkers will actually be good for something now which means adventuring in The End is about to become a lot more profitable

- A 27 slot chest that will only take up 1 slot in your inventory is going increase the maximum amount of blocks you can carry around exponentially.
    - Their usefulness is going to make them very popular (aka profitable) for quite some time after release.
    - As long as you bring wood with you on your adventure into The End you will be able to travel further/longer before returning and you can gather any profitable material you come across (no more having to dole out inventory space like an especially miserly survivalist preparing for the Apocalypse).
    - It will be easier to retain the mats/items you acquire on your travels without worrying about dying and losing it all; you can put all the stuff in a shulker box and then stick the box in an enderchest.
    - It's now worth the time to go after every temple and not just the one's with end ships because they all a few shulkers

-------------------------------------------------------------

Woodland Mansions sound like an interesting dungeon but I'm hoping all those new mobs that will be in it won't be able to easily wander outside of it or it's going to make travel near woods even more worrisome (it says top floor of the mansion so it should be ok).
    I am wondering if the Evokers will respawn at all or only spawn once upon dungeon creation like the Shulkers. If the former that could make for some new and interesting farm designs.
    The Vindicator will definitely be a single spawn (like every other vanilla mini-boss).

I love the Llamas.
    New ride able creature + multiple fur colors + mobile item storage + caravan behavior + saddled with carpet + spit attack!
    If you can breed it I will definitely be opening a new section in my horse shop.

The Cartographer profession sounds potentially useful if your hunting for the big dungeons (Sea temples & woodland mansions)
    gladranger7, ShelLuser and 607 like this.