1.11 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by 607, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Lots of cool useful things coming in 1.11, those woodland mansions will be a blast to explore! Not to mention how useful the llamas will be.
    gladranger7 likes this.
  2. Huh, how? If they only spawn one you can't farm them, can you?
    Why would you consider it but not the Evoker a mini-boss? They seemed similar to me, with the Evoker being the more powerful one.
  3. Also remember that you get the tomb of undying from killing the evoker (I believe). So I'd consider the evoker a kind of mini-boss, which won't easily respawn (like elder guardians). Note that I could mix up my mobs here, but one of those in the mansion drops the totem. And it seems like a pretty powerful item which is probably not easily farmed.
    gladranger7 and 607 like this.
  4. Ah, I forgot about that, okay.
    Yeah, than it definitely makes sense for it to not respawn.
    gladranger7 likes this.
  5. If we can keep a herd of Llamas around it I'm game ;). Looks like it will be one hell of a fight to clear it for habitation (presuming the mobs don't respawn).

The update notes made it sound like only one spawned and I hadn't gotten that far in the video demo from minecon yet.
    I meant Former and their was probably a less condescending way you could have corrected that. If your comment was not a correction keep in mind that one time spawns like the skulkers would make sense if MC is trying to reduce farming.
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  6. One thing does worry me in the new snapshot though... the new hunger mechanics. I seriously dislike them so far and I hope this will be further tweaked in new snapshots.

I started a new game with the latest snapshot (I need to prepare for Wednesday afterall) but the problem is that you hardly get hungry when playing. After playing for one in-game day and punching one tree, crafting wooden tools, digging out a hole, chopping down 2 more trees, digging out a small mine and actually mining out some coal (30+) and iron (around 28) I lost exactly 1 hunger.

For me that somewhat ruins parts of the game, especially because they mostly did this so that you couldn't easily heal after/during combat.

But it was always an important choice: are you going to run (and get hungry) or walk (and risk getting creepers creeping up)? When I die in the wastelands and respawn on an outpost it's always a dilemma: should I go to my death point hoping that I can make it without food (around 300 - 400 blocks out), or...

With the new system that dilemma is completely gone: you can walk to your deathpoint and back to the outpost without needing any food at all. And I think that really ruins some gameplay.

</small rant>
    607, MissFable and crazyminerpete like this.
  7. Guess I don't need an enormous auto mushroom farm :L
    ShelLuser likes this.
  8. It's definitely a bigger and better update then 1.10
    gladranger7 likes this.
  9. I love llamas!
  10. tho 1.10 was cool too they should have released them as one I guess...
  11. Ah, okay. Could anyone perhaps give an example of how to make it sound less "condescending"? (had to look up that word, I don't see it used a lot, but I like it :p)
  12. u tend to sound very sarcastic..
  13. Well, I actually like the more frequent full updates, as servers generally don't use snapshots. One update a year was not very much, I thought, even if they were pretty big updates.
  14. Ah, I've heard that before, from both students and teachers. :p
    I remember when I started at secondary school five years ago, I had quite some trouble recognising sarcasm. So if a teacher would use sarcasm, I would interpret it literally and they'd think I was talking back. :rolleyes:
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  15. that is true I hated 1.9....
  16. Example: "You mixed up latter and former" and If you know the person your correcting you can also throw in some light teasing or one of your more sarcastic quips.

Yea I know he was just being his sarcastic self and usually it's entertaining to read even when I'm on the receiving end.
  17. I had (and still have) that problem too. The real trick is once you pick up one of the more nuanced aspects of communication (like sarcasm) you have figure out when you should not use it.
    In short: As long as your not being mean have fun with sarcasm to your hearts content (I know I do).
  18. But... I'm saying I hardly ever use sarcasm at all :p
    I suppose I use it occasionally when being with some of my best friends or when joking around with Tom or FDNY... but in that case I'll always add a :rolleyes: emoticon.
    But oh well, this isn't the topic I created this thread for, have a good day, and next time I'll try to insert a note stating whether I'm currently using sarcasm or not ;)
    Gawadrolt, TomvanWijnen and ShelLuser like this.
  19. Who's Tom?

:rolleyes:

---

There seem to have been, apart from the totally amazing chat message extension, added some other cool features, which is good! :D I was excited for the new update before (on EMC), just because the new wild spawns should be there then :p, but now I'm also looking forward for all the other features! Good job, peoplewhothoughtofthesethingsandthepeoplewhothencodedthemintominecraft. :)
    607 likes this.
  20. EDIT: can someone plz put a link for the demo video when they find it? edge stinks at finding me anything.... :/
    EDIT: the 1.11 demo video by mojang and not some random utuber own take on it