<WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN U GROW UP?>

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Stnywitness, Aug 28, 2018.

?

Like This Thread?

Yes 15 vote(s) 78.9%
No 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Eh, I Don't Know 4 vote(s) 21.1%
  1. Yup. This thread is simple. Post what you want to be when you grow up.
    (If you already are something, just post that down)

Mine?
    Well, I already am an author. So...yeah. I'm an author.

Excited to see your guys' answers!!!
    Starsphere and Impulsive_Egg like this.
  2. When I was little I wanted to be a vet for all sorts of animals and now I am a pet groomer.
    MoreMoople and Stnywitness like this.
  3. My biggest dream would to be a guitarist in a famous rock band. Although, that is a DREAM, but anything is possible, and I won't let my dreams stay under the rubble.

I also wouldn't mind being a professional guitarist, and that's different than just being in a "band." As a proffessional guitarist I could play for other bands, write music for other bands, or possibly do youtube, the possibilities are huge.

But, realistically I would like to work in the auto body business, as either a mechanic or a working in a restoration or customs shop.
    607, MoreMoople and Stnywitness like this.
  4. I want to be in a hole 2 feet wide and 6 feet deep.

JK I want to be a musician. Kinda like Caleb Shomo where I do all the instruments, mixing, producing, and everything, basically.
    RainbowPony and Stnywitness like this.
  5. I'm aiming to be an author myself.
    In grade school my teacher encouraged me, specifically me and not other students, to keep writing. Whenever I visit her class she always boasts to her students about how great of a writer I am. Because of her, I have learned to tap into my potential and I've been drafting and redrafting the same story since I was 9.
    My only problem is that I base my stories around concepts instead of plots. I tend to write to see where the characters take me instead of making an outline and plot points.
    Foxy_Kitty, 607 and MoreMoople like this.
  6. I want to own a smart dealership...
  7. hmmm seeing as I'm "technically" a grown up :rolleyes:

my dream(s) is to eventually use my voice for announcing something sports related (I already to barrel race announcing so I guess I'm on the right path)

Would also LOVE to be able to run a very successful card business (Sports Mainly) along with some other collectibles seeing as I've got a love for coins and Tins :oops: cookie tins... why must I like you :confused: (again with this I'm on the right path I have a booth at a flea market (in doors and open 7 days a week) where it has a booth number so I dont have to be there to sell all the time only if I need to sell cards I don't have specific label for such as my $1, $0.25, $0.10, and $0.05 cards.

So yes even as a "Grown-up" I've still got dreams to pursue in career choices :eek:. You know what they say though... Rome wasn't built in a day.
  8. I would like to be a programmer. :)

There's 3 main things that I've wanted to be throughout my current 15 years of life.... In first grade I thought I wanted to be an architect. In fourth grade, I decided I would rather be a children's librarian. Last year (9th grade) I further discovered my love for programming, and so here I am. :)

I am currently in an AP computer science class, and I plan to continue in AP computer programming classes throughout the rest of high school.
  9. When I was little I used to write rubbish songs about feelings I didn't understand. I had an acoustic guitar that I kinda knew how to play. My dream was to be a singer-songwriter and guitarist. I'm now eighteen years old, my passion for music burns brighter than it ever has - yet I can't sing or play guitar, but my songwriting progressed a lot and I feel what I'm writing about, so... at least there's that.

Since I was about nine years old, I've wanted to be an author. That's something I'm actually pursuing. I have at least a full book of short stories I could self-publish if I really wanted to (I won't), a lot of poems that I don't know if I should turn into songs or put in a book as poetry, and I'm currently writing a novel; said novel is in its first draft, has been worked on since New Year's Day when I was hungover, and currently sits at... 22,000 words nine months later. I expect it to hit at least 80,000 before I move onto my second draft. It's a long while away - but I'm pursuing it. That's what matters.

There was another dream I used to have. I wanted to be a game developer - I decided when I was four years old that I wanted to make games like Spyro The Dragon and Crash Bandicoot. That was always in my head. When I was ten, I started playing Minecraft and found out it was originally made by one guy in his bedroom and I thought that was so cool. I wanted to do it myself. I started learning Java to make my own Minecraft mods and server plugins (I failed horrendously), and I even bought a Game Maker Studio license. I had lots and lots of ideas - I still do, but... the desire just isn't there anymore. I was about to turn sixteen and started questioning it. By the time I turned seventeen I realised that I didn't want it. I got a B in school with IT at GCSE and A Level and everything and I still don't want to do it anymore. I thought there was something wrong with me, but nope - people's goals and desires just change sometimes. I guess this was one of those times.

I don't know what I want to do for a realistic career. Authors and poets are a dime a dozen and my writing and stories are nothing special and will fall into a vast, squirming, brimming ocean of other books. It requires a serious amount of luck to be a successful and famous author. I'll give it a shot, I'll try and make a little bit of money off my works and have others experience and live my stories whenever and wherever I can, but chances are that I am not going to be famous and nor will I make enough to fund my retirement or cost of living. I'm currently chasing a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) qualification, a voluntary placement in a school, over £5,000 in savings, and I hope to find employment in Germany as an English teacher (the area I want to work in also has a clinical deprivation of English teachers and a really low unemployment rate, so stuff is in my favour!) when the time comes (hopefully in a year) and become a permanent German resident. At the moment it isn't about what I want to be, but where I want to be. And I'm fine with that.
  10. I wish to be immature.

Oop... already there.

Ok. An immature grandad then. ;)
    Stnywitness, ThaKloned and MoreMoople like this.
  11. What is your book about? Also, can I see these songwritings anywhere?
    Stnywitness likes this.
  12. I would like to have most of my work combine linguistics and computer science.

Do you follow Things I Wrote?
    Stnywitness and Otus_NigRum like this.
  13. Basically, nuclear war broke out between the USA, 'the European Federation', Russia, and China 158 years prior to the book's events. This was after catastrophic climate change messed the world up. A state-sponsored technology company within the European Federation set up bunkers for the rich to survive in. At the time of the book's events, one such bunker in Wales is falling apart and the main character, the son of the president, goes on a mission with three other soldiers to retrieve a piece of technology in Frankfurt am main, Germany that will allow everyone inside to live outside. He discovers that genetically modified escaped lab animals are hard to kill, humanity didn't just survive in the bunkers, and that walking 1,000km kills your legs. There's also point of view chapters of the president and the girlfriend of the main character's best friend showing what's happening in the bunker.

I made a thread the other day called 'Lyrics I Wrote', but there's just one in there and it's not really that good (especially the end lol I had no idea to finish it). There's another I'm quite proud of and want to share but it's just supposed to be a dancey thing, I guess, so there's not much to it. We'll see. You can also read my other stuff in Things I Wrote, which 607 linked, which is usually my short stories, but over the past year or so it's been mostly poetry.
    Stnywitness, Otus_NigRum, 607 and 2 others like this.
  14. in 1st grade i was super set on being a police officer but two years ago i decided i wanted to be a lawyer i'm now in highschool and am doing constitutional law and am trying to graduate 2 years early so i can get a head start on college
    Stnywitness likes this.
  15. What i want to be when I grow up is a server person who dose server things I don't know what that would be called
    Stnywitness likes this.
  16. I'm a CFO at a NPO helping ID, BI and MI, but what I really want to be is a rock star/professional football player/youtube sensation. Please tell me it's not too late.
    Stnywitness and Otus_NigRum like this.
  17. If everything contignues at the path it currently does, I will most likely become a Quantiun Phisicist & cumputer scientist. I basically have decited I want to do the study Electrical Engeneering on Universety. The chances are very slim I won't be able to do start the study / won't be able to finish it. I am most-likely going to write a PhD afterwards: I very much like doing scientific and technical recherch. It also is a good thing that, again, if everything continues as it currently does, I would be accepted on one of the best universeties on the world making me almost job-certain in my field once I finish the study. (most-likely working on stuff like quantum computing or general computer hardware design.)

When I was little I always wanted to be "an inventor", mainly inspiered on disney's Gyro Gearloose (Dutch: Willie Wortel) and other similar fictional characters. Let's just say I have always loved technical design. :)
  18. I've still got some growing up to do and I'm still dreaming big =)

When I was little, I wanted to be an electrical engineer like my dad. He was my hero and I wanted to be just like him. In middle school, I entertained the idea of being an author. I like creative writing, but tbh I can't handle downtime well. I go a little stir-crazy and the life of an author would mean a lot of down-time.

In my freshman and sophmore years of high school, I thought I'd be a mathematician. I had a natural understanding of higher math without really trying too much, so my teacher would always encourage me to push myself more and more. If he hadn't left the school after my Junior year, I'd likely have pursued it more. I didn't really like the replacement teacher so I stopped enjoying math. Instead, I started spending more time in the science classroom and became close with that teacher. She was AMAZING and was willing to call me out on my laziness when necessary. She knew I could be more if I just tried harder, so she forced me to. After participating in science events and focusing more on my AP classes in senior year, I decided I loved Genetics, so I went for a Biology Degree, with a minor in Genetics.

A couple years later, almost 6(!), I really love the work I do currently. I've recently become more and more interested in the Quality Analysis and Control portion of the laboratory and my current dream is to be a Director of Quality Control. We'll see where life takes me though. I'm the youngest supervisor across all of the sites, so I'm on the right path. Each new step and new experience has opened my eyes more to the possibilities available. My life isn't anywhere near completion yet. For reference, my mother-in-law was a biology teacher and basketball coach for 17 years before deciding to become a civil rights lawyer. She now works as a Human Resources Manager and loves it. If she can change her career that late on a path, surely anyone can.
    rykly18, Starsphere, justpegs and 7 others like this.
  19. I’m a firefighter, because I never really grew up.