<WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN U GROW UP?>

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Stnywitness, Aug 28, 2018.

?

Like This Thread?

Yes 15 vote(s) 78.9%
No 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Eh, I Don't Know 4 vote(s) 21.1%
  1. what type of teacher??
    Stnywitness likes this.
  2. Honestly, maybe a history/geography teacher in highschool.
    Stnywitness likes this.
  3. Bump!
    Lemme hear em!
  4. Still anxious to hear what you guys want to be/already are!!!
    Bumperoo!
  5. I always loved the idea of learning, and have striven to later become a professor.
    (But Professor in what? 👨‍🎓 Math? 🔢 Computer Engineering? 💻)
    Some may call my approaches to what I want to focus on, as being a polymath, instead.

~~~
    I currently am really into programming, and enjoy learning ways to make everything as 'minimal', as possible.

I don't necessarily mean just method/class sizes, but performance timings.

~~~
    This takes me into a direction(s) I might be interested in: Quantum Error Corrections
    (Join a Joint PhD Supervision Program, and delve into Quantum Physics & Quantum Programming, along with other individuals)

I also have plans to create some of my electronic ideas, but I'd prefer not having a middle man, so I'm also reading up on Electrical Engineering with the focus being Electronics and Computer Engineering.

~~~
    I feel like Bruce Banner wanting to strive for both - but hey... I'm the only one stopping myself 😋
  6. I want to become a clinical psychologist.
    I like to help people and notice that in the upcoming years some people or more than some may need some assistance with some issues like I do.
    Mostly just the helping people part, playing a crucial role in somebody's life. The paycheck might be one thing, but I would not mind living in a box if it meant I got to find a way to feel happy. Hopefully.
  7. Not really sure, honestly. I'm pretty good at maths so I'm likely going to pursue a career that has something to do with it.

I'm like, the only person in my class who doesn't know what they want to be yet. Gah.
  8. I am currently a week into my freshman year of college, (George Mason University), and I am pursuing a Forensic Science degree to, well, become a Forensic Scientist :p. If I had to pick one dream job, it would be catching for the Boston Red Sox, been playing since I was 5 and plan to continue throughout college, though I am extremely small for a catcher so my backup, more reasonable dream is to become a top level forensic scientist for either the CIA or FBI...we'll see how this goes
  9. I was a volunteer teacher for young kids at my church today. One of the other teachers was asking the kids what they wanted to be when they grew up... One kid yelled out:
    "A CHICKEN TACO!"

Thank you, kid that wants to become a chicken taco. You have inspired me to follow my dream of becoming a waffle. ;)
  10. I pretty much put off figuring out what I wanted to be when I grew up until recently... First, I thought I wanted to be a harpist or pianist. It never really spoke to me, though, it was just sort of an I'll do this I guess thing. Then I started watching a live cop show (LivePD, I highly recommend it if you've got A&E and are available on Friday and Saturday nights ;)) and realized, hey, I actually would like doing this. So I looked into different things you could do as a police officer and found police detective. Since I like having different pieces of evidence or stories and trying to piece together the actual story, and dealing with people, and that's basically what they do most of the time, I think I want to be a police detective.

And who knows, maybe that'll change in the future! I've got some time to figure it out. But it's the first thing that's really fit me that I wanted to do. :D
  11. Honestly when I was little, I just wanted to be rich when I grew up.
    My parents encouraged me to follow this, so that they could live off me when they were old lmao.
    Now that I am (kind of) an adult, I think being happy is a much better goal.

I've decided to study Linguistics to teach English abroad. This is going to let me travel the world and get paid for it. I am also considering getting a second certificate for Computational Linguistics, which would go a long way if I ever decide to get into the tech industry.

Mainly I want to teach and travel though. I'd love to be a teacher here in the Bay Area, and while it's 60k a year, that's still below the cost of living for us. Moving to a different state would be even worse. So my options are study long enough for me to teach at colleges and universities or move to a country that actually pays teachers decent wages.

That's my plan right now, but... I can always change my mind about things ya know?
  12. Lol. That's Amazing. <insert extreme happy emoji here>
    MoreMoople likes this.
  13. I just got a feeling I want to work with plants that are vital to Earth so I want to maybe be an ecologist.
    Stnywitness likes this.
  14. I want to be a trust fund baby but I fear that ship has sailed as no one in my family made a trust for me to live off of. I guess the next best thing is being a stay at home husband to a crazy-rich Asian gal.
  15. Anyone here NOT going to college? :p
    Stnywitness likes this.