What countries are represented on EMC?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mob_Meal, Feb 7, 2016.

1. I'm from Pakistan (ᵔᴥᵔ)
  2. Cool!
  3. Cool! So you are originally from Pakistan, but now live in the US?
  4. Me and D are both from iceland :p and i know of one other player from iceland that plays EMC
    MustangLover25, 607 and Mob_Meal like this.
  5. Thank you sir, I will move Iceland to the correct list
  6. Iceland sounds so cool, it's on my "want to visit sometime" list. :p The boat trip isn't so cheap though...
    Jelle68, Nickblockmaster and Mob_Meal like this.
  7. I was actually born in the US, my parents immigrated here. But I spent a couple of years over there when I was younger, so I'm more part Pakistani part American.
    MustangLover25 and Mob_Meal like this.
  8. Represent!
    They are dozens of us, dozens!
    Jelle68, wildbeast23 and Mob_Meal like this.
  9. Oh, and perhaps for your second list: Lasluin is Spanish, but she doesn't really play on here anymore. (unfortunately :c)
    Mob_Meal likes this.
  10. I'm from Liverpool, England. I speak English, but my regional dialect and accent is frequently referred to as 'Scouse English' as our accent is a mix of Scandinavian, Irish, English, Welsh and Scottish accents and thus sounds really awful (book is pronounced 'bewk', 'k's are pronounced like we have too much spit in our mouth, etc). :p

I'm part Spanish (Great grandparents on dad's side, pretty sure they were Spanish refugees from the Spanish Civil War), Irish (granddad on mum's side), and Welsh (nan on mum's side). I'm more Celtic than English :p

Due to me living on the England-Wales border, I know a bit of Welsh. Not enough to speak out a conversation in it, but just general words you'll hear people sometimes say and what's been written on signs. My nan also taught me a few terms in it, so, yay :p
    wildbeast23, Mob_Meal and 607 like this.
  11. Wow! Actually in Italy, we have this too! In Italy, there are actually over 31 different languages by region which we refer to as dialects. Italian is just the language that we all speak.
    Is this really a surprise? In Italy, everyone uses the small, narrow roads in both directions. The direction you are going in and the side you are riding on don't matter.
  12. Also, holes in the road are more often there than not :p
    Jelle68, 607 and Mob_Meal like this.
  13. Most of our streets are made from stone, making it a bumpy ride regardless of your vehicle. The holes are everywhere.. beware.
    607, Mob_Meal and TomvanWijnen like this.

14. My father spent some time in Rome. He always told me in Rome there are only 2 kinds of people: the quick and the dead.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  15. ArchDukeMelon is also from Iceland - i know.. he is my pet :D
    padde73 and Mob_Meal like this.
  16. Hallo, ich komme aus Deutschland :)

- Hello, I'm from Germany :)

Well what can I say about our language? I've been told it sounds aggressive and uses a lot of too long words. Well, you can basically link words together to form a new word to describe things. Like the word ambulance. It's Krankenwagen. It is a car (=der Wagen) for sick people (=der Kranke), so a Krankenwagen. It becomes even weirder when they name a new law. Just to name the longest law ever "Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz".

But for us it sounds more like this:

another 9gag post

Feel free to ask me anything you want to know :)

[Edit] And we write each noun in capital letters. This makes it really hard for non native speakers to write, but it's much easier to read. Also nominalized verbs etc. are written capitalized.
  17. If I understand you correctly, it's like this in the UK too. There aren't that many bike lanes here. Everyone just uses the same paths for everything.
    Kyzoy and Mob_Meal like this.
  18. When I was in Italy last year (Rome and Naples, which was really awesome :)) our teacher told us that the dialect in Naples is the worst :p Can you confirm?
  19. That reminded me of the longest town name in the UK.

For anyone wondering, it's Llanfairpwllgwyngyll. It gets even weirder when you say Llanfairpwllgwngyll, Wales, Great Britain, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland :p
    Jadzia14Forever likes this.
  20. lol
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll is not the whole name though, if I'm not mistaken :p