Welcome to the Frontier forums!

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by AlexC__, May 29, 2013.

1. Hehe, no, I'm being very clean with my building. :)
    607 likes this.
  2. that was me

jk
    607 and Uber_Corq like this.
  3. :mad:
  4. did you see the "jk" part? :p
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  5. - 3 days later -
    ...Yeah, that's fine, I didn't actually want an answer. :p (sarcasm)
  6. If it's visually established you would need their consent in your thread to establish your own outpost nearby. If you don't think they're active, start a conversation with CM's and I and I'll see what I can do, because it could be void (but I'm really not sure)
    607 likes this.
  7. Is it possible to declare a wild base which already exists for a couple of years?
  8. The last time i visited the Frontier it looked as if someone had been dropping small warheads everywhere blowing stuff up, even some large craters on SMP9. Is this normal or was there some kind of event ?
  9. I think that's often the case near spawn because of Creepers blowing up.
  10. and people trying to mine right off the spawn edge
    607 likes this.
  11. Well it looks pretty rough, almost like fallout....
    KatydidBuild likes this.
  12. Have a question about getting established. I have a request open atm that I am sharing with someone on smp5. At the same time can I open a request for land of my own on utopia frontier? Or can you only claim 1 spot/1 at a time?
  13. Claiming both is fine
    ThaKloned likes this.
  14. Great thanks!
  15. I am planning to build an iron farm in the frontier. Can anybody give me a good area to do it in? I would like to put it in a place where it will be useful, but not griefed
  16. Moshrom island, best far away from spawn to avoid griefing.

Pros:
    - no hostile mobs spawns - easy iron grinding
    - in ocean - fast water way by boat

Cons:
    - kinda visible on map unless built under water/land
  17. Hate to bump an 'old thread' but I guess this is where the question goes....

Cannot locate in the wiki under 'Frontier' any mention of a rule for how far away from someone else you are allowed to build. Gimme a hint?

(Having nothing to do with an established base)
    607 likes this.
  18. Silken_thread likes this.
  19. That is literally for Outposts - I read that.

I asked for NOT Outpost information. Just guidelines for building in the Wild.
    607 likes this.
  20. There's no official guideline for how far away you must build from another play if outposts aren't involved. Common courtesy says that you shouldn't build right next to them, but there's no official rules.
    This assumes that neither you nor the player you are building next to have claimed an outpost in the area.
    KatydidBuild, 607, ThaKloned and 3 others like this.