Welcome to the Frontier forums!

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by AlexC__, May 29, 2013.

1. You can privately tell me who they are, and I'll make sure everyone knows they are a dosh. In a legal, none public way, so I don't break any rules, but we keep people like that away from our cool game. :p
    boozle628 and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  2. SMP2 :)
  3. Question: The boyz and I are moving out and starting a new outpost, lets say we find a sweet location that is atleast 5000 blocks away from all teleporters, we check around and do not see any other bases around us (3000 blocks away), we set up camp and then start a thread declaring our new base. So what happens if there is a hidden base that we did not see within the 3000 blocks? Will a mod notify us and tell us who owns it so we can PM that person? I would hate to waste a grand on a locked chest to only find out we have to move. Could we then ask a mod if there is an established outpost in the area we are scouting? I will search the live map around that area to make sure there isn't one already, hence why I said hidden. :p
  4. 1k to place a lock, 500r back when you break it. 500r to find out if you can claim an area is a nothing cost. You will need to place the lock and file the claim and a staff member can look into it for you.

You should definitely be scouting out the area yourself anyway. This is your future, your home. You want to make sure it's where you want, and what you want. It's what you'll be building on for months/years right?

Staff will make every possible attempt to find any established player build in the area and establish your claim if nothing found.
    I don't think it's appropriate for staff to inform you of where/what player builds are in the area, as the owners may well want the place to remain hidden. If a player build is found within 3k of your lock, we'd just inform you that we cannot establish the claim and you should look elsewhere. I think that is the best we can do for all parties.
    PenguinDJ, dresden72 and AlexChance like this.
  5. Cool, that is what I would hope you guys would do. Doesn't the other player build need to be an established outpost to count or does any random mud hut count??
    NZScruffy likes this.
  6. And just FYI:

I've found the easiest way to guarantee you are alone:
    Move into a Black area of the map. If it's black, no one has ever even set foot in it, let alone built anything. :p
    Silken_thread and dresden72 like this.
  7. That is something I will clarify with Snr staff asap. From my understanding, it does not need to be an established/claimed build.
    Meaning that we'll make every attempt to locate any 'visually established base' within 3k. Whether it is claimed for protection or not.

I would strongly recommend finding an unexplored area though. guarantee your future freedom. :)
    dresden72 likes this.
  8. How big can your settlement be?
  9. Well unlimited basically. That's the idea behind having a large 3k limit from any other structure. You have space to build a big community.

Again, i highly recommend traveling very far from any outpost, deep into black unexplored area. So you can build as big as you want with no one else getting in the way.
  10. You have to be really careful with this. Some one could setup a settlement go out 3001 blocks and drop a mud hut. They could do this to the to the north, south, east, west, and end up controlling huge amounts of the map. You have 4 or 5 people doing this and it and it could cause major problems.
  11. not really unlimited....i forget the ruling but it was a certain area around any and all of your builds like 3k blocks from anything built or something of that sort. otherwise i could just claim the entirety of the map that isnt already occupied
  12. Dirt huts don't count. It would have to be a major structure to affect an Establishment claim.

Also, given the wild is basically infinite, there is plenty of space for someone to find a uninhabited 6kx6k area. I suppose a player could build somewhere random which will restrict who can establish a claim in that area. It's basically what has happened to much of the explored area already, which is why people are unable to establish their base.

Hence why i strongly recommend travelling into the unexplored black to establish your claim.
    shaunwhite1982 likes this.
  13. In all my time playing survival multi-player, I have rarely seen people using more than a 6kx6k area for their 'empire'. The exception being very large 'towns' with over 100 active players. :)

Perhaps in the future, an Empire may outgrow the area, but not any time soon. However, if you do travel far out into the black, and someone else doesn't decide to try and build near you, you will still have more than 3k radius space to build. :)

So not unlimited, but still a lot of space, more than you will likely build in.
    Envie42 and mba2012 like this.
  14. Is it really necessary to establish an outpost in this manner? I've been building on the same land for almost a year and had no issues. Isn't it enough to have a locked chest? So if someone comes in and claims the land you can say; No I placed a locked chest here on such-and-such date and everything within so many blocks is part of my outpost. What am I missing? Do I need to Establish my outpost to keep it? Since I started, 2 people have started building well within 5000 blocks of me but not so close to bother me. If one of them "Establishes an outpost" could they start telling me what I can and can't do on my on base or even have me thrown off?
  15. You can not establish your outpost and nothing changes from what it is currently. However, if you do then in the eyes of moderation you "own" that land, as opposed to it being just a part of the public wild you live on. This gives you some authority over it.
  16. Sorry I edited my first post while you were responding. "Since I started, 2 people have started building well within 5000 blocks of me but not so close to bother me. If one of them "Establishes an outpost" could they start telling me what I can and can't do on my on base or even have me thrown off?"
  17. No,
    Because they are that distance close, they could not establish their base.
  18. IMO, there is no reason NOT to establish your area. And do it now before someone does build within 3k of you.

Not having it 'established' doesn't mean you can't carry on building there and enjoying survival. However, if someone wishes to build say just 100 blocks away from you, they are allowed to. And that may cramp your future expansion of your base.

However, establishing the area gives you 'political rights' to control who is allowed to build within 3k of you, and how they build etc.
  19. What is "EMC Investigator"?
    Twitch1 likes this.
  20. mba2012 likes this.