Wastelands Reset Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Dec 20, 2016.

1. In the wastelands only.
    Equinox_Boss and Sachrock like this.
  2. Yeah... I built a nether rail in the wastelands -_-

EDIT: Of course knowing that they'd reset eventually :3
  3. I have been waiting soooooo long:D
    ForeverMaster and Equinox_Boss like this.
  4. I heard on April 1st, 2017 the town and wild was being reset?
    Carbonyx, takenID and 607 like this.
  5. *post deleted*
    ForeverMaster and Equinox_Boss like this.
  6. As that is my 1 year wedding anniversary, they know better =P
    Yes, I got the joke...
  7. Well, this makes it official. Better stock up on your mending + infinity bows because as things looks now those are going to disappear for a long time to come unfortunately (you can't craft these in 1.11.1). On the positive side we still got our voters gear which is all I'm using anyway, so that's a pro :)

Can't wait for the shulker boxes to arrive :)
  8. Wait... really..? So literally the only reason why I was looking forward to the update has now been "delayed" further? [insert me splurting random letters and (bad) words] :/ bleh, that sucks. Guess I'll have to wait even longer then before finally being able to start my outpost...

Either way, nice to hear we're getting a fresh wastelands soon. :) (eventhough I haven't been in this one yet :p)
  9. 1 million isn't far enough out for you?
    607, AnonReturns and Equinox_Boss like this.
  10. Will the old frontier spawns be rebuilt? And will that box around the spawns change in any way?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. Nu uhh. 30 Million outpost just ... feels nice. :D
  12. Hmm. 1 million would be fine, but one of the reason I want more (and further) is that that distributes people better, making my place even less likely to be found. I've already thought long and hard about where I want to make my wild outpost, and even came up with (approximate coordinates already), to make it pretty much impossible for anyone to ever find it (as that would be bad, since I really can't lock every chest and hopper).
    607, Nickblockmaster and Equinox_Boss like this.
  13. The old ones will be rebuilt. The box won't change as far as I am aware.
    finch_rocks_1 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  14. It is our understanding that 1.12 will likely bring world gen changes so we want to leave 5 million level outpost release for that. This release will generate 40 new outposts (4 at each smp) for you to spread from. You'll have space.
    607, Equinox_Boss and ThaKloned like this.
  15. Why not?

You do realize that a chest is a special block which is automatically protected by anti-grief? Then, if you place an uncommon block on top of that (polished andesite, diorite or granite for example) then good luck to any of your non-friends ever opening that up.
    Gawadrolt, 607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  16. Fantastic news, EMC and Aikar. I cannot express in words how much I'm infatuated with the efforts, both 1.9 and now 1.10 through 1.11!:)

In more generic terms, you've been putting your players to the Maslow Hierarchy Everest: Self-Actualization.

-
    -
    -

P.S: If anybody here missed out on prior Minecraft Number One x4 discussions, the main thread is here:

https://empireminecraft.com/threads/the-1-11-1-update.69239/page-4
  17. The mending and infinity books....can you still get them from the villagers?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. 1.12 will (probably) take a long time from now though, but it's better than "nothing". Hopefully they fix the world generation enough then to make the 5 and 10 million outposts to be created safely. :)

And, for me it's not really about space, but more that I'm worried people might take stuff from my hoppers (and chests) (see further on in this post).

Yes, chests can be prevented from being accessed, indeed like you said by placing blocks on them, but I'm more worried about hoppers. The block ontop of them is a chest (usually). And a block next to it is also a chest (usually). Because chests don't have full hotboxes, this would mean that, unless I'm missing something, there is no way to protect hoppers from being accessed.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  19. Until Empires update, currently the best way I have found to do this is to box off anything you don't want people to access. This actually isn't that hard either, since most of the time you would not want your hoppers in view of people anyways.

Basically, if you build an anti-grief protected box around your stuff, nobody can get inside without your permission. I do this for my chests, so that rather than locking 30 chests or placing a block above each one, I just put them all in a box, and just know which 2 blocks to break to get inside.

Edit: By box, I mean a box of materials that you can use /buildmode to protect, meaning you can just make it a really nice room for your storage.