Wastelands Reset Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Well, then we'd get a new wastelands tomorrow, happy, happy, joy, joy! :D

(sorry, couldn't resist) :p

You are right of course, but I also think it's fair to say that there are dozens of warnings being given about not building in the waste. It's good to look after the players welfare, but there should also be a time when players need to think about what they're doing. And well, everyone knows (or should know!) that building in the waste means that it could go p00f just like that. Which, in my opinion, is simply part of the game and makes it a little more exciting as well.

(for the record: I cleared most of my stuff out 2 weeks ago :D)
  2. Most of my wastelands bases are this:
    1. Dig tunnel down diagonally to Y 12.
    2. Dig into side of tunnel.
    3. Throw down a crafting table and maybe a furnace.
    4. Throw down a double chest. Lock it.
    5. Run stuff back every 25-30 minutes.
    Anything else I go to gather besides ores has no chest placement at all, lol. Mostly because it's all pretty close to an outpost, but still. :rolleyes: Not completely sure why players take time to create structures in the wastelands. The only time I did that was for the End Wastelands on SMP8, and that was because I was sick of rescuing people from it, rofl.
    Lomax70, Equinox_Boss, Kytula and 3 others like this.
  3. Hmm, it's still not reset and where at 27 december.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. Ready whenever it resets :p
  5. That is correct.
    NuclearBobomb and 607 like this.
  6. Keep in mind that this warning was for everyone to remove their items from the Wastelands because Aikar plans to update with only a 1 day (or less) notice once everything is ready. One day isn't nearly enough time for everyone to be warned to go get their belongings so we set a time period prior to the start.

So on ANY day shortly after December 25th, Aikar may make his announcement.
  7. *sharpens sword* ....I'm so ready.
    Actually I'm not.
    There's so much I still need to do.
    Seriously.
    I need to get myself together.
    Story of my life
  8. I has a game plan.
    But steps 1-4 are still not done.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. You should let me in on your black market strategies man
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. They said ANY day after December 25th, it didn't say a day or two after. It will be here soon though.
    607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  12. I know if you are in the waste when it is reset staff will move you to town. This is not advisable as it takes more resources & time to acomplish the reset.

This leads me to a question tho:

If you log out & are underground when the reset happens, is it possible you will re spawn underground & suffocate (or worse, die in lava)? Or will you just respawn in town with all your inventory? Not that I plan to try it, just curious.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. The system moves you to town, not the staff.
  14. I think the offline players get teleported to spawn as well. I cant remember the 1.8 waste reset too well but i think people got teleported to spawn.

edit: krysyy is quick.
    ShelLuser, 607, Krysyy and 1 other person like this.
  15. :eek:
  16. Good thing I don't have anything in waste. Or frontier for that matter.
  17. Typo krysyy :p lol
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. fixed
    Sgt_Pepper4 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  19. Lol xD I had to point it out to be mean :p
    Equinox_Boss and PupInAction like this.