Wastelands Reset Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Yes!

I'm excited!

New version of my resource pack version and full thread going up for me!

---

I'm definitely doing a Round 3 for Shulker shells, likely going after a few parrots too.

This is colorful, vivid, viral, news and time!! New Rainbow aimed for this Thursday!

*I had no plans on constructing a poem here.

-

Where's the rest of life to flourish on this day?! YouTubers of EMC/Video creators?! Artists?! The EMC Staff?!
    I believe somebody here can trigger the Firium Z in all of us and kick this community into Infernal Overdrive!! Credit is where credit is due you know? Credit whoever is the Infernal Device!

-

(Mayor Kravindish):

Did you just said an EMC player's name?!

ShelLuser likes this.
  2. on me bday? *tears* this would be a great gift!
    _Devil__, Jelle68, JohnKid and 5 others like this.
  3. Wow this came quick but I am kind of ready for this cause parrots.
    OracleMask and jossytheninja like this.
  4. I thought that resets were for updates that affected world generation, but oh well

Well, for parrot spawning we may need new spawned jungles
  5. Well, y'all better come see Pip Boy for yourself before he is gone forever. Wastelands East, and keep heading East. You can kinda see it on the 3d map...along with a nice jungle top trail I made to get there. ;) Free food and more at the house. Enjoy this installation art before it is gone.

puppersNdoggo, ShelLuser, 607 and 5 others like this.
  6. We have done them for all major MC updates in the recent past; not just world generation changing updates.
    607, SkeleTin007 and Tuqueque like this.
  7. There currently has never been not a single mob that doesn't respawn in post-generated terrain, outside map structures, as Jeb calls temples and dungeons.

All that Mojang and mod makers have to do is add the new mobs to the spawning lists in a particular biome or map structure bounding box. This happened with horses, polar bears, llamas, and most recently parrots.

Some people may think new animals only spawn in new terrain, because animals spawn rarely in old terrain. All friendly animals, except ocelots and squid, have a spawning cycle that's over 100 times less frequent than the one for hostile mobs.
    607, AncientTower and Tuqueque like this.
  8. That was mostly me. :) Hopefully the next reset won't have so much water, I only did 4 segments this reset.
  9. Actually I do recall Dinnerbone IIRC talking about in early snapshots, that Parrots did require new jungles to spawn, but he fixed it so they spawn in old.

But we've always reset for every major update. It's best to just stay consistent, and theres likely tiny things like different colored wools in chests, or villages may use different color blocks.

May not be significant, but nice to see the world in the true render for the current version.
  10. Well, multi quote, makes things easier on me ;)

Had to share my deepest respect (and admiration!) Zomberina, awesome build! I have a seriously soft spot for waste builds, I love it how plenty of (usually EMC vets) just figure "reset? duh, what do I care.." and just continue to build & enjoy after which it eventually all goes poof. And why not? :)

Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed the picture but... What SMP is this on? I assume your home SMP (which I'll find, no worries) but I figured I'd ask ;)

Next part ;)

[...]

Yeah, @Puppers: it most certainly wasn't me. When it comes to 'wasting the waste' I usually stick to my home server on SMP2 or if Aya spots something fun we head over to SMP4, but that's about it. Sometimes (very sporadic) I might visit another server's waste if they got a Mesa biome which I could use, but any "waste builds" are mostly only done on 2 and 4 :)

And @ScrObot: awesome going! Also see my comment to Zomberina about waste builds, same obviously applies to you: I really like your drive to "just do it. Resets? Who cares!" :)[/quote]

(edit (note to self)): Next time use preview before posting :D
    WardleDeBoss likes this.
  11. How far apart are the waste spawns? I have 50+ DC of stone on hand & im considering doing a stone brick path between spawns on my home SMP this reset. It would be auto protected from grief & creeper farts, right?
    puppersNdoggo and ShelLuser like this.
  12. Stone (the plain variant you dig up which then turns to cobble) won't be automatically protected, but if you make stone bricks from them (2x2 (4) = 4 stone brick blocks) then those will be automatically protected when you place them.

Sorry, I can't tell you from mind how much blocks are between outposts, but... if Aya comes online today (or someone else can help me of course) then I know of a good way to check (will need some help to do that). I'll get back to you! :)
  13. ShelLuser likes this.
  14. Awesome stuff. No, every SMP has its own wasteland. So there's a huge difference between smp1 to smp9 and Utopia. I'm definitely going to check this one out myself before it's too late :)
  15. Sorry for a double post but I didn't want to risk confusing or anything.

So we did something :)

Now, theoretically you could have checked the positions on the map and did a rough block calculation but I also got curious after you asked so I asked for some help and we got you much better statistics :cool: An excellent way to test out the new cool compass features too.

So I ran off to /waste c on SMP2 and stayed near the end of the stairs:

Then I asked Aya to do the same on /waste e on SMP2 but this time facing west. Here's proof:

We were in the same group, I used /compass current (so my compass now points to the end of the stairs of the center outpost, west side, SMP2) and then I teleported myself to Aya.

<drumroll please>

Tadaah :p So a rough distance between outposts is 4000 3900 blocks.
  16. Probably because the structures aren't point particles, so... it does make sense
    ShelLuser likes this.
  17. After reset will emc be a 1.12 server?
  18. Yes, I'm surprised you didn't see the OP or the announcements being broadcast in game every two or three hours.
  19. it says 1.12 is coming up not updating to 1.12
    ShelLuser likes this.
  20. Was posted many times that we are updating. Wouldn't make sense to reset again so soon if not for an update.
    607 and PetezzaDawg like this.