Wastelands Reset Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Thanks Kryssy! cant wait to get into the new lands!!
    ForeverMaster likes this.
  2. Yay!!! More horses!!
  3. Do I smell 1.12 ???
  4. Probably not, as far as I am aware Mojang is still pretty far from finishing 1.12. You will not hear about the 1.12 update on EMC until after Mojang releases it. Even then, it will still be a couple weeks at least, since we have to wait for Aikar to update EMC to it and squash any bugs it creates.
    607, ForeverMaster and Mob_Meal like this.
  5. I thought 1.12 was already out for some reason (probably too many lets plays on YouTube).

"Weeks" ..... roflmbo!
    NuclearBobomb and ForeverMaster like this.
  6. I still think you guys shouldn't be so lazy all the time by re-using old threads like this.

All that does is create confusing confusion. People see the title on the forums (not the news), look at the date and then the logical conclusion is that a new player resurrected it.
    607 likes this.
  7. Bumps don't make it appear in the frontpage thou. The other option would be to close the thread, and just post it in the front page when necessary.
    607 likes this.
  8. Or have the material set up as a template, start a new thread and fill in the blanks. You're right about the front page (news) but as mentioned: not everyone enters the site there. I usually dive straight into the forums.
    607 likes this.
  9. I looked at the wiki and what exactly breaks? You can't go outside the 30 million mark or you take damage I think. It's just laggy and doesn't update is what I read.

Anything worthwhile going there for?
  10. https://youtu.be/2bQbuod3nhk?t=6m11s This is what happens beyond 30mil
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  11. By using same threads, helps stop clutter all over...
    TuqDufRhySmp8 likes this.
  12. Depends on your definition of clutter I guess. In my opinion comments like ours could also account to that. Comments which wouldn't have been made otherwise.

Problem is that in the larger scale this only creates clutter. On most forums resurrecting old threads is a bad thing, because things change over time, comments become irrelevant and not everyone is capable to put those into the right perspective.
    607 likes this.
  13. Far enough to do the wastelands reset sooner than later.:cool:

Terrain generation has barely changed, if any, in 1.12. All blocks introduced are either crafted or smelted.

I could tell how to acquire the new blocks, but 1.12 also brings an overhaul to Minecraft's in-game tutorials and guidelines. Discovery is encouraged.

But there are some changes in 1.12 worth stating now. My resource packs that I've updated today contain some of these changes coming in 1.12. So, we can adjust to them earlier.

* The colors of wool, banners, sheep, and shulker boxes (except for purple due to current technical limitations) have changed.

* Hardened Clay and is now called "Terracotta".

----

In response to an EMC Mod, Mojang is getting ready to release 1.12 "soon". This week has been their third week one for polishing the update.
    https://twitter.com/Dinnerbone/status/860128916555669505
  14. 607, NuclearBobomb and TuqDufRhySmp8 like this.
  15. Coolio....I'm picturing a price drop on Shells and Elytra in our near future. Time to go mine like crazy somewhere. Anybody in?
  16. Runder already sells elytra for 1000r =P doubt it will drop anymore (giveaway style shop, but... still)
  17. 1ooor*
    TuqDufRhySmp8 likes this.
  18. Even though I saw it on the front page I thought it wasn't real since the date. New ones would help imo
    607 likes this.
  19. Huh. :p

Yes. That.

YES! THAT! :p
  20. It's closed when not relevant and removed from being bumped.
    My post includes a date with a year. If you get confused by it, then you didn't read the post.

We've used the same threads for these for a while now because they are tied into code for the calendar, to work properly for the warning. In addition, unless we remove the post from public view, it prevents issues with multiple threads about the exact same thing and with nearly the same title, which DOES cause clutter in the search feature. We aren't being lazy. We're actually doing more work and being smart.
    TuqDufRhySmp8, Slvr, mjnoe70 and 2 others like this.