Wastelands Reset Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Thank you. I saw "wilderness and nether" and got concerned. I haven't been in my outpost or the game in a long time.
    AncientTower likes this.
  2. That whole thing with the wastelands being called the wilderness is quite confusing, I agree with you. @Krysyy maybe this should be changed?
  3. You are thinking of two different things, which is a byproduct of the OLD system when it was just wild/nether.

Nowadays, there is the Frontier, Wastelands, and Town.
    Each of the Wastelands and Frontier areas is made up on their own wilderness, nether, and end worlds.

So in this case, the Wastelands Wilderness, Nether, and End are resetting.
    The Frontier Wilderness, Nether, and End are NOT resetting.
    The Town is NOT resetting.

Does that make things clearer?
    607, ScrObot and Mob_Meal like this.
  4. My mind has totally been blown with that info bomb Queen Krysyy has dropped on us.
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  5. I get that, and it makes sense. But why do we still call it 'Wilderness', and not simply 'Overworld'? I think that would make for less confusion.
  6. I think that's because people used to call it the Wild and it just continued from there. Overworld is also a little weird to say so you'd have to get people to start calling it that.
    607 likes this.
  7. Here's how I understand terminology regarding worlds, and I hope this helps:

Wilderness: Any unprotected world (I.e., not town).
    Wastelands Wilderness: Any unprotected world in the Wastelands (/waste, /wnether, etc)
    Frontier Wilderness: Any unprotected world part of the original frontier. (/wild, /frontier, /fnether, /nether, etc). Older players, or people who have picked it up, may simply refer to this as the Wild, but I'd encourage players to stay away from the 'wild' term, as it's confusing nowadays. Try using wastelands/wastes and frontier. ;)

Resets, unless otherwise noted, NEVER include frontier or town.
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  8. So how would you call the Frontier Wilderness?
    Frontier Wilderness Overworld?
  9. Like I said - frontier is fine. :p The wilderness part is really unnecessary. It's just the frontier. If you want to get specific with the dimensions, Frontier Overworld, Frontier Nether, Frontier End. But it's easy for someone to get what world you may be in based on what you're discussing... so more often than not, simply 'frontier' will do.
    607 likes this.
  10. I guess so. Like, if someone were to say "I'm farming sand in the Waste" or "I'm raiding a fortress in the Frontier" you wouldn't have to ask "Overworld or Nether?".
  11. If you're really that curious, you might. :p

Still, the term "wilderness" on its own is confusing and vague. Wilderness/wild is any unprotected world, and as such, can be substituted to mean overworld, nether, end, or any combination of them - any that isn't town. I am not sure where the confusion is in the main post, in this case... sure, the word Wilderness is used, but the giant red text makes it quite clear wastelands is what's being reset.

It's made quite clear what's resetting, and what isn't. The Wastelands is resetting, including wilderness (in this case, it's being used to substitute the End world and Overworld world) and Nether.

I'm pretty sure the only reason the word "wilderness" and "wild" remain in use is because all that USED to exist was a single unprotected world consisting of the Nether, End, and Overworld, and as such, players have never gotten over calling them this, as Wilderness/Wild was its name. Though in my opinion I think we should work on not using that term anymore so this doesnt have to keep happening :p
    607 likes this.
  12. You're just way too young to understand the wilderness name. ;)
  13. if i logout in wasteland before reset, will I be killed when i login again after the reset?
  14. Wilderness/Wild = Frontier. :p
    EDIT: before I sound like I'm going back on everything I said - the frontier was originally the only world that existed as an unprotected world, and it was referred to simply as the wilderness/wild. Ok now I'm confusing everyone and I should just stop talking! :D lol

You will be teleported back to town on that SMP if you were in the wastelands when it resets, however I do not recommend trying to log on DURING the reset, as it's very likely you will be incidentally killed then.
    vivho and 607 like this.
  15. Yes finally a reset. This is going to be a lot of fun:)
  16. Has a time been decided for the reset or is it just sometime today?
    ChickenDice likes this.
  17. No specific time is ever allocated, it will be as soon as the new worlds and spawns / outposts are ready and working safely.
  18. The Wastelands Reset IS going to happen in the next 12 hours. It will likely be after midnight EMC time. This is your final warning.
    607, ShelLuser and ForeverMaster like this.
  19. Idk why but they always seem to be in the middle of what I am doing. Lol
    607 and ForeverMaster like this.
  20. Hmm! Guess I need to prepare for an expedition. Maybe! I do feel up for an End adventure but on the other hand I don't. Might wait, might not. Hmm...