Useful Tool: EMC Shopkeeper

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussion' started by shavingfoam, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Unfortunately, due to the way I coded the app (which I kind of regret now), that would be impossible. EMC Shopkeeper does not save the individual locked chest transactions, it just totals them up. So, it can tell you the total amount of rupees you spent on locked chests, but can't tell you WHEN you locked the chests.

However, I did write a separate tool that scans your rupee transaction history for locked chest transactions:

https://github.com/mangstadt/emc-locked-chest-finder
  2. Is there a way to set up more than one shop location and track inventories like that?
  3. The way shopkeeper works would be it reads your rupee transaction log. Unfortunately, with the way the log is set up right now, there isn't a way to tell if a customer bought your items from a specific residence. I don't think that would be possible right now. :(
    607 likes this.
  4. Thanks buddy!

TheDarkAngel is right. Not possible atm.
  5. Oh, well. I'd love to see that feature if it ever becomes possible. :)
  6. Version 0.5.15 released! Changes include:
    • Item name additions and fixes for EMC's upgrade to 1.15.
    Note for existing users: When you first launch it, it may take a while to update the database, so please be patient!
    Download it now!
    UltiPig, 607, jacob5089 and 5 others like this.
  7. Not for me buddy... it took my computer roughly 1 second to update it. You can see my computer's specs in my signature :D
    607 likes this.
  8. Version 0.5.16 released! Changes include:
    • Item name additions and fixes.
    Download it now!
    UltiPig likes this.
  9. Version 0.5.17 released! Changes include:
    • Item name additions and fixes.
    • Updated the code from Java 6 to Java 8. This involved LOTS of changes and hopefully nothing got broken. If you haven't been keeping your computer's Java Runtime up to date, you may get an error when launching this version of EMC Shopkeeper.
    • Fixed the chat message color coding in the Chat Log Viewer.
    • Fixed an issue where player profile portraits hosted on Gravatar could not be downloaded.
    • Fixed an issue where player profile information that is only viewable if you are logged in was not getting loaded.
    • Fixed an issue where a player's old profile picture wouldn't update in the "Players" view of the Transactions tab after a new picture was downloaded in the background.
    • Fixed an issue where the database backup ZIP files were not readable by some programs, such as File Explorer and 7zip. Your existing backups will be automatically repaired the first time you launch this version of EMC Shopkeeper.
    • Fixed some item icons on the Charts tab.
    • Fixed various issues with the CLI interface.
    Download it now!
    607, wafflecoffee and Uzack like this.
  10. Is it possible to add a feature for accounts with 2FA? I've got 2FA on my account, and I have to temporarily disable it whenever I use the Shopkeeper, then re-enable it when I am done. It tells me my password is invalid (which it isn't) if I have 2FA enabled.
    607 likes this.
  11. I did some experimenting and yes, it looks like it is possible!
  12. Version 0.5.18 released! Changes include:
    • Added support for two-factor authentication. If your EMC account has this enabled, you will be able to use EMC Shopkeeper without needing to turn it off.
    • Fixed an issue where chat messages from the games server were not being color coded in the Chat Log Viewer.
    • Fixed "Seagrass" item name spelling.
    Download it now!
  13. It's not starting foamer.
  14. What error are you getting?
  15. Worked just fine for me.
  16. It's not giving me any particular error, when I run the .jar file nothing is opening. I'd look in the task manager and I don't see an instance of Java anywhere.
  17. Try updating your Java Runtime. Open Control Panel, click Java, and go to the Update tab.
  18. Okay I also tried that and no dice. I've also tried something else and got an interesting result. I ran this in my computer's terminal:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_251\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "C:\Users\<sensored>\Desktop\EMC Shopkeeper.jar"

From that command I saw a new instance of Java being created in the background, but then after half a second it terminates. Encountering an error on startup?
  19. Try running the same command, but using "java.exe" instead of "javaw.exe"

Also, try looking in the "app.log" files for errors, found here: %USERPROFILE%\.emc-shopkeeper\default
  20. I looked at the log buddy and it appears to be empty (last time I ran shopkeeper was 4 days ago), so I tried running the command again from command prompt and well... this is what printed in the command prompt: