Useful Tool: EMC Shopkeeper

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussion' started by shavingfoam, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Version 0.5.21 released! Changes include:
    • Fixed an issue where the "New version available" button would appear when the user was running the latest version.
    • Item name additions and fixes.
    Download it now!

To KatydidBuild and TheFryedmans: Let me know if this fixes the issue for you!

607 likes this.
  2. So what's the fix for an error in which I can't open the new version because "An error occurred while starting up the database." and it refuses to load any sort of backup?
  3. Try copying the folder under C drive, users, (username). .emc-shopkeeper to the desktop and deleting it the folder you cooyed from and then start the app again. Im assuming that one of ur databases is currpted or won't read for some reason
    607 likes this.
  4. Did you submit an error report? I see an error in the logs that might be yours. It is a file permission error, so doing the following might help:
    1. Copy the following folder to your desktop: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\.emc-shopkeeper
    2. Delete the folder you just copied: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\.emc-shopkeeper
    3. Move the copy that's on your desktop back to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME
    HazardousCode and TheFryedmans like this.
  5. That is my error report ;)

That did not fix the issue, though
  6. You could try performing a manual database restore:
    1. Go to: C:\Users\USERNAME\.emc-shopkeeper\default
    2. Move the "db" folder to your desktop.
    3. Go to: C:\Users\USERNAME\.emc-shopkeeper\default\db-backups
    4. Open the most recent backup ZIP file.
    5. Copy the ZIP file's "db" folder and paste into the "C:\Users\USERNAME\.emc-shopkeeper\default" folder
  7. I assigned a payment to the wrong thing, how do I change it?
  8. I feel like there should be a button or cli option to save the transaction history it scraped separately so the user can parse it themselves if they wanted to :>
    607, TheFryedmans and Bunjimon348 like this.
  9. This didn't fix the issue either, but I ended up deleting the entire ".emc-shopkeeper" folder and then re-downloading the initial file. Everything works better now :)
  10. EMC Shopkeeper does have a CLI! You can read about it here: https://github.com/mangstadt/emc-shopkeeper/#command-line-interface

You can also use a generic database program like DBeaver to read the EMC Shopkeeper database. The database EMC Shopkeeper uses is called "Dirby". The database is saved to:

%USERPROFILE%\.emc-shopkeeper\default\db

Nice, glad it's working for you now! Sorry you had to delete the whole folder.
    Bunjimon348, 607 and HazardousCode like this.
  11. java -jar emc-shopkeeper-full.jar --query
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException: temporal
    at java.base/java.util.Objects.requireNonNull(Objects.java:247)
    at java.base/java.time.format.DateTimeFormatter.formatTo(DateTimeFormatter.java:1842)
    at java.base/java.time.format.DateTimeFormatter.format(DateTimeFormatter.java:1821)
    at emcshop.cli.CliController.query(CliController.java:133)
    at emcshop.EMCShopkeeper.launchCli(EMCShopkeeper.java:266)
    at emcshop.EMCShopkeeper.main(EMCShopkeeper.java:220)

^^ I get this if I try to read "all data"

then if I do --query="2013-03-07 to today" then it works normally
    except I only see information for my shop, not all transactions
  12. Is there a method to change what I assigned a payment to?
    In the "Payments" tab I assigned a payment to My Shop instead of Other.
  13. Oops, that's a bug! I will fix that. >.<

Yes, it currently only displays transactions from your shop.

Unfortunately, there is not. You would have to manually edit the database using a SQL query.
    UltiPig and 607 like this.
  14. Version 0.5.22 released! Changes include:
    • Added color formatting to items that have colored names. For example, "Dragon Stone" is now colored purple.
    • Fixed an issue with the "--query" CLI command where it would fail if no date range was specified.
    • Added a CLI command for exporting every transaction in the database to a CSV file.
    • Minor item name fixes.
    Download it now!
  15. I like that. :) I hope it won't cause new bugs. ;)
    shavingfoam likes this.
  16. Version 0.5.23 released! Changes include:
    • Fixed an issue where Wood blocks were being treated as if they were Log blocks when parsed from the rupee transaction history (e.g. "Oak Wood" was being converted to "Oak Log") (related to next bullet point).
    • Added time-bounded item name mappings to the rupee transaction history parsing logic. This increases the accuracy of item name detection by allowing it to be cognizant of the different names an item has been called throughout time.
      • For example, in the past, Oak Logs were referred to as "Oak Wood" in the transaction history. However, with the release of 1.13, "Oak Wood" became a new, separate item. It now knows that all "Oak Wood" transactions before EMC's 1.13 upgrade refer to the "Oak Log" block, whereas all such transactions after EMC's upgrade refer to the "Oak Wood" block.
      • Another example is Smooth Sandstone: In 1.13, the block was renamed to "Cut Sandstone" and an entirely new block called "Smooth Sandstone" was added. It now knows that all "Smooth Sandstone" transactions before EMC's 1.13 upgrade actually refer to the "Cut Sandstone" block.
    • A few item name fixes.
    Download it now!
    607, UltiPig, ttyler333 and 3 others like this.
  17. That's nice! I assume you had to add all these manually? If so, how did you compile a list of them? Personally I did not know the Smooth Sandstone one.
  18. Every time EMC updates to a new Minecraft version, I use the patch notes on the Minecraft Wiki to compile a list of all the new items in the game. Then, I update EMC Shopkeeper's item index with the new items.

In the past, this process was always good enough to get EMC Shopkeeper updated properly. But this was the first time I experienced this "time-bounded" issue, so it took me longer to notice it! :(
    607 likes this.
  19. How about roses or hardened clay, then?

20. :D
    607, HazardousCode and shavingfoam like this.