The Underhelm Thread

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by ElfinCarrot, Feb 21, 2016.

?

Interested?

I might come on down to visit, check it out. Not stay though 27 vote(s) 45.0%
I want to stay here, if you'll have me. 12 vote(s) 20.0%
I already live here dude. 15 vote(s) 25.0%
Yeah sorry but, not very interested. 6 vote(s) 10.0%
  1. One more note: I lit up Underhelm a little more and named the Minecarts so that we know they belong to the railroad :)
  2. After a great bit of inactivity I would like to revitalize the community, so expect a lot of changes in the coming months along with some planned events, contests, and other changes to the system that didn't seem to work before.
  3. Ohh can't wait <3
  4. Hey i sent in a application :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  5. Hey Elfin! I sent in an Application (i dont know if im a member or not, im with Carconductor) I heard you were gonna make a new place, named UnderRealm?

Im the guy that lives with Car in the back of the house.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  6. I don't know all details but the last news I heard was that Carrot is taking a break from EMC. I don't know what this means for Underhelm but considering that there are more active members here maybe they can help sort things out a bit.
  7. I paid a nice visit to Underhelm today as I've been wanting to check up on my apartment. Now I'm not sure if Elfin is still getting new people in, as he was last seen on the forums on the 12th of November. If not I was wondering if there was a way we could get more people in? I know it's been a while since anyone has posted here, I simply think we need to bring the community of Underhelm back to greatness.
    WolfInAction likes this.
  8. Well if you find a way please let me know! I just applied today, before I found out he's been gone a while.
  9. Did Underhelm dissolve or something? I am just grabbing my items because it seems like a ghost town at this point. There's no point to have my items down there if no one's there.
  10. Well since Elfin is gone, it seems no new members can be accepted. It's still active from my guess, not as much as it used to be that is.
  11. hi :D i do not think fin is gone i saw him 8days ago on smp8
  12. GUESS WHOS BACK FROM THE DEAD CUPCAKE
    THAT'S RIGHT SON, THE VEGETABLE WHO SUDDENLY LEARNED ENGLISH
    HAS RETURNED FROM A CARROT PATCH CALLED Thomas A. Edison Career and Technical High School

So after a long period of being the not here, I am finally back.
    I'm once against considering new changes to make the settlement fun again and will be sending out messages to any people who happen to live here to notify them of this, by the off chance they don't see this post.

I'm also working on several new districts and areas to fix up the helm, and I will be hosting a mini-contest to see what sort of structure we could put in the center of one of the newest districts.

To start off with new things coming along:
    • Pearl Pathway, Pyrite Plaza, and other districts will become options for housing
    • A new monorail to a so-far unnamed district is in the works.
    • We will begin associating ourselves with nearby settlements more often
    • More Events and New Games
    • And we will now begin accepting submissions again.
    ShelLuser, Shadow_Dcord and Sachrock like this.
  13. I went out there and it looked awesome! Keep up the good work :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  14. I have to admit that I haven't been to Underhelm for a while, this should be a good excuse to go visit. Might even give me a chance to see how well you can combine a llama with a horse ;)
  15. Took some pictures lads, here is some of the old/new stuff

16. Eh that's my house behind the pole at Jasper Junction. Some good pictures Elfin, definitely captures the essence of the outpost.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  17. Does my crummy lil hobo hole house still exist? :p
  18. Yeah, though I did kinda raid it a few times.
  19. More Pictures, and More News:
    • New Members: RedReserve, WolfinAction, OracleMask, and a few others who I can't remember (brain fart)
    • Pearl Pathway received two new houses, one of which is now occupied by OracleMask.
    • Updated paths and decor for Pearl Pathway.
    • Pyrite Plaza now has it's own entrance for convenience, along with it's own stable and soon to be a visitor center.
    • Pyrite Plaza received one new house, now occupied by WolfInAction
    • Planned water canal and lake-based district to branch off from Pyrite Plaza
    • Pyrite Plaza now has it's own Charcoal Factory, built in part by OracleMask
    • Updated paths and decor for Pyrite Plaza
    • Jasper Junction now has a llama enclosure
    • Jasper Junction Trading Outpost in planning
    • Updated paths and decor for Jasper Junction
    • New borders to help recognize different districts to be added soon
    And now, for the picture section:

The New Stables at Pyrite

Pyrite Entrance

Pearl Pathway Overlook

Pyrite Plaza featuring Oracle trying to break something

New Stairway for Pearl Pathway w/ Stable

More of Pearl Pathway