The Underhelm Thread

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by ElfinCarrot, Feb 21, 2016.

?

Interested?

I might come on down to visit, check it out. Not stay though 27 vote(s) 45.0%
I want to stay here, if you'll have me. 12 vote(s) 20.0%
I already live here dude. 15 vote(s) 25.0%
Yeah sorry but, not very interested. 6 vote(s) 10.0%
  1. Been a while. How long are these acceptances usually? :confused:
  2. They don't take a while. Elfin is probably busy. I will ask Elfin if he gets online about your application because I do want you to join alongside me :D
  3. Alongside US* :p

We're a huge community; if I can catch ElfinCarrot online, I'll ask him to get in touch with you as well, Shyguy. c:
  4. Wow, 2 caring people, and one doesn't even count because she is my sister. This is the most love I'll ever get xD
  5. Okay back, sorry peeps I've been MAD BUSY. I'll see if I can get online now
  6. AAAAAANNNDD Update:
    We will be switching to our own unique currency down in Underhelm: Slimeballs
    Why?
    • They are uncommon outside of Underhelm but common enough in Underhelm to be used
    • They have few other practical uses
    • They can be sold outside of Underhelm for a fair price should inflation arise
    • They are shaped like coins
    • They represent our national animal, the Slime
    Kytula likes this.
  7. Is there a board or wall somewhere that has a list of things that are not allowed to be done in underhelm? Besides of course looking at this thread :p
  8. Yeah, there is. There is a wheat farm located close to the entrance, its rather small. Walk through it, make a left, and the wall is there
    Kytula likes this.
  9. ;) the 8th rule was made by the_boulder & chin because they kept griefing cd & i's house
  10. Making more rule walls in varied locations
  11. I said ME because Shyguy wanted to join alongside ME. But US works too. :cool:
  12. I apologize for my lack of being online enough, been busy with school and what not but summer is coming up so thats always good. I'll be getting on more this weekend
    Kytula likes this.
  13. so with the update coming up, what's the plan for resource gathering?
  14. When I first saw this I was like cool another outpost... Then I saw the pictures. This would be quite interesting to come see and I would be interested in heading over to it, how do find it? Oh and I filled out an application forum!
  15. Alright, I am back on one of my usual "catch up days"
    So I felt like it would be a good time to answer some questions:

Will we ever be building above ground?
    We won't be building too much aboveground outside of like, decorative stuff like gardens or whatever. The bulk of the town will be underground, due to multiple issues with living aboveground that we attempted to negate in the first place by building underground. As for Car's tower since it is also a question for some people, it was made rather well but without my knowing. It's a skyscraper, I'm not gonna ask him to tear it down in a day. And it can present use to us for various games that require being on the land or just Elytra tricks.

How is the Guilds System coming along?
    Ha. Hahah. HAHAHA. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!11!111!11!1
    (In all reality I am still working on precisely how I want it done and executed, all of the physical in game work isn't much, its more just planning on how to balance things so they are fair while also making it profitable enough to function well)

I am a part of a Job House. How can I contribute?
    Well as all of you know, when you signed you application, you checked off your prefered job.
    Excluding anyone who happens to be some other position, ex: a secretary or mayor, we each have one.
    You also each have a house leader, who is supposed to inform you on what to do. Evidently though they are not on at all times, and the Houses themselves are still missing the signs. So I am now going to list off all the stuff each house should generally be doing for the benefit of Underhelm:
    • The Caretakers should be doing a lot of the "non heavy lifting". So this means keeping the storage in order, making sure all the various farms work properly, harvesting and replanting crops incase of slime attacks (these are common), potion brewing, enchanting, and, should you be inclined, presenting forward potential events that we could host to improve moral and attendance of citizens to the actual settlement.
    • The Hunters are meant to do just that: Hunt. This includes slaying minibosses that could potentially present a threat, hunting mobs for their drops (especially skeletons), taming or egging wolves for use, hunting passive mobs for their meats and other products, scouting out any caves in the Helm or structures around Underhelm overall, and building supply caches, either on the surface or in the Helm that citizens can use.
    • The Builders arguably have the easiest jobs, granted I say easy refering to the complexity and not the amount of work. They do a lot of the excavating, digging, making new homes and districts, building public services (with the help of a Caretaker if needed), making areas safer by adding more lights, and generally just repairing anything they come across that may be broken.
    Why can I never find you?
    I live an extremely busy lifestyle, so making a settlement was most likely not the best choice for me. However, this will change in the coming months due to me going on summer break, and I will be apointing new people to fill certain jobs I otherwise placed on myself.
  16. Just a quick question, what smp is this on?
  17. I filled out the application :)
  18. It is on smp2 my good people.