The time has come...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Kephras, Feb 26, 2017.

1. I'll miss the book tiger, you were a great inspiration when it came to writing and a wonderful guy on the fourms. You're one of the few very memorable people on the Internet for me and I think you'll continue to be for a while to come.
  2. I'll miss you :c
    Sgt_Pepper4 and Kephras like this.
  3. I refuse to say my goodbyes. Primarily because you are beholden to my steam messages, so it's not really a goodbye anyway.

I know you thoroughly despise special recognition, but I'm going to shove your furry face in it regardless. You have been, and will continue to be, one of the very best players that has graced EMC with your wit, your psychological (and sometimes psychotic) insight, and your overall unique presence.

Your status as the literary tiger speaks both to your prowess with writings, as well as your majestic grace on the forums. You are a humble, kind, and genuinely fascinating feline. I look forward to seeing your name in print soon!

See you around. Especially since you have to finish your 'project' first. You did promise ;)
  4. I can't say I've ever seen you ingame before, but I know EMC will be different without you. I hope you'll occasionally post on the forums at least if you don't log on any more
    Equinox_Boss and Kephras like this.
  5. u will be missed Kephras :(
    Kephras and Equinox_Boss like this.
  6. Though I never knew ya too personally, Ive always respected your build work (and you were quite an inspiration to me), your writings were a joy to read too. Though I dont really play anymore, im gonna miss seeing ya around. Though, I look forward to that book of yours :)
    Kephras likes this.
  7. Didn't know you too well, but I always hate to see the elders go... And you from what I did see and hear of and from you, you were a very positive influence to EMC. I wish you luck, where ever your journey takes you, and remember to pop back once in a while as has been said. I think that'd make many of us, especially those who knew you well, very happy :)
    Shadow_Dcord, Sgt_Pepper4 and Kephras like this.
  8. Thanks for the kind words, everyone. In particular, it's deeply flattering to see how many of you I've left an impression on during my time here. There's a great number of people I owe thanks to as well, and I wish I could name them all personally (some of you have posted here, in fact), but if I started making a list it'd probably be a mile long and I'd still forget someone and feel all guilty about it... Suppose that says a great deal for EMC right there.

There is one thing I could still use help with. Shell mentioned it already: this thread. This final project I'm working on could still use a ton more responses, so if you haven't left your thoughts yet, please do.
    ShelLuser, 607, Sgt_Pepper4 and 4 others like this.
  9. How did I miss this thread until now! :eek:
    I was planning to start getting into sleep mode soon, but I'll try reading this first.
    Kephras and ShelLuser like this.
  10. You will be missed...
    Kephras likes this.
  11. Okay.
    I suppose I could've seen this coming with the count-down and all, but hey, I'm naive, right?
    Thank you for not just leaving. I wouldn't expect that from you, but I'd still like to thank you for it. Thank you for taking up the courage to write this thread, and thank you for not leaving immediately after but actually taking the time to finish up some things.
    And if you do start visiting here more and more sporadically, I can still reach you on Hangouts if I miss you too much, right? :3
    I'm still really happy with the house you and Palmsugar built me. :)
    Kephras, JognKid and ShelLuser like this.
  12. Good luck in the next chapter of your life, and remember: you are the one writing the book.
    Kephras and 607 like this.
  13. I've already posted in the thread. And I don't want to seem cheesy here, so if it's taken that way I will apologize now and it can be removed. There are certain players who make a huge impact on the communities they are a part of. Kephras is one of these players; and, as has already been promulgated, it is quite evident in the response on this thread. My first hope is that the work Keph has done will be kept in the community for people to experience. It is my understanding that he runs a library, and I am looking forward to seeing what is done to preserve that. I think literary works here are a niche part of our server, and a serious conversation needs to be had on a way to do that. I'll post that idea in the appropriate thread, but I want you to know, Keph, if it comes to fruition at any level that you are responsible for it.

Secondly, as most players here eventually do, I try to collect the head of my friends and players that I feel hold a special place in the story of EMC. Keph, you posted in my staff head thread that you didn't expect to see your name on that thread, and sadly I can't justify adding you to it. BUT, that doesn't mean that there aren't people who don't desperately want to immortalize you, and I feel your time here is definitely worth highlighting even if you don't. In fact, humility is sometimes very closely associated with greatness. I also recall what you said about renaming your craniums and giving them out at special events. I would think that the community having to say goodbye to you qualifies. If you agree, I (as well as a lot of others I am sure) would be very interested in adding you to a section of the museum I am working on. I would like to hear from you if this would be possible at all. If you aren't up to the task, then I completely empathize and won't bug you about it. But I must resort to calling out to anyone who does have one who might be willing to part with it. That all said, I'd also like to hear what anyone who is close to you might think would be the best "blurb" about you, so future players who see this display know who you are. So, share memories people! What best Kephras-ism will you always remember?

I think mine was being exposed to his work for the first time. "No Release" was a great little story, and it was thoroughly enjoyable. It opened my eyes to another one of the ways creativity is quietly expressed here, and reinforced my joy at being a part of this community. It also makes me want to collect more of the written gems here.
    607 and Kephras like this.
  14. that clemson logo though :/

ill miss you cat man
    Kephras likes this.
  15. -Nothing to apologize for. My verbiage veers towards the melodramatic often enough that I've taken to mocking myself for it, but sincerity isn't something to be sorry about.
    -Technically it's a bookstore, and I've been extremely lax about ensuring it's kept properly stocked. Also, there are a substantial number of empty slots I had at one point hoped to fill with either my own works, or those who wished to have their writing sold. Regardless, I continue to vote, so my residences will likely remain until all the voting sites break or EMC shuts down.
    -I have at least one, possibly more Tiger Masks still stashed away somewhere. They'd been awaiting a proper time. Guess that time will be soon, eh? (Progress on that final project is about 60%, just struggling with some sections of it)
    It would be incredibly narcissistic of me to suggest that get its own thread, but since I doubt it'll get much notice on page 3, I'll add it to the OP for you.

I honestly had no idea until just now that the little paw icon was Clemson U. I've attended two colleges, but neither of them were in S. Carolina, I just pulled it as a fairly appropriate "tiger paw," since the Unicode paw symbol doesn't work on these boards (sadly). Will have to change that, to avoid confusion.

And I'll miss you (and many others here) as well. Just can't say the same about Minecraft though.
    607 and LoneStarInc like this.
  16. Thank you very much!
  17. This is so viscerally dark, yet I somehow love it! Yay tiny shrines. Mwahahaha! I must be channeling Seffy or something. At least I'm not gonna eat you or anything. *runs before Anon hurts me*

And yeah, I just bought a copy of everything I could from your bookstore. Now to read it all! Thanks for the labor of love.
    TomvanWijnen, 607 and Kephras like this.
  18. My childhood included a lot of Monty Python. I have a certain fondness for dark and absurd humor, especially when delivered in a droll, matter-of-fact tone.
  19. It seems your childhood had at least one marvelous influence then. Carry on, good sir!
    607 and Kephras like this.