The time has come...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Kephras, Feb 26, 2017.

1. I liked your post, but obviously that was only out of courtesy because fact of the matter is that I don't like it at all. Meh, signs that you've been too preoccupied: I didn't even realize you left the contribution team :( It maybe a little too late, but I'll sure fix that in a few moment.

:(

No, there were two things you needed to do ;)

Now, obviously I'm not going to cause a ruckus over this and I am also a little bit jesting. But... In all honesty: I was looking forward to reading your (promised!) answer to the What does EMC mean to you? thread. Pretty please? <insert puppy dog eyes>. Oh wait, doh! Obviously that won't work on a tiger..

blub, blub, pretty please? ;)

Anyway, I'm honestly sorry to see you go. You are one of the few players on the Empire I actually look up to. And yeah, even though I don't think of likes titles and such as status symbol (I care more about what those stand for) I will go on the record by saying that the first time I wrote a story (about my vault) and noticed that you had liked it... Yeah, that was definitely special to me.

I want to thank you for everything you've done for the community and Empire as a whole. I am not exaggerating when I say that you made the Empire a better place than it was. One small step at a time. And for those of you wondering because you haven't seen Keph to be very active: quantity doesn't make quality. It's as simple as that.

And I also want to urge you to keep the forums in your favorites list and drop in for a visit every once in a while, hopefully every frequent once in a while ;)

Most of all... Meh, you will be missed Keph. You'll be sorely missed, but I'm just saying because yeah. But please don't let that make you feel bad. You shouldn't, because there always comes a time when you also need to think about yourself. And who knows.. It wouldn't be the first time when someone took a long extensive break and suddenly found his interest and love for Minecraft rekindled. Why couldn't that happen to you?

Thanks for everything, all your wise words, and I really hope this won't be goodbye but will be "Until we meet again...".

Your friend, Shell

edit: that moment when you can't even make a proper post anymore, can't believe how much I messed up with this :confused:
    607, TomvanWijnen, SirCue and 4 others like this.
  2. Fine, I'll just have to bother you on Steam. You've forced my hand.
  3. BurgerKnight does not mess around!
    Kephras likes this.
  4. You simply must stay on the forums chap. Be different without you. The choice is yours but I would miss our highly literate tiger friend (for some reason I almost typed fried friend, don't ask why, cause I do not know).
  5. Thanks guys. Honestly, this has been coming for a long time, well before I made the decision public. For those thinking I might "take a break" from MC and find that spark again... I've been on an extended break for the last year or two. At one point I'd hoped getting back to basics and living in the wild might help, but even marching a million miles into the wilderness and roughing it with good friends couldn't keep my focus on MC for very long (much to their dismay and annoyance ;)). Safe to say, whatever hold Minecraft used to have on me is long gone and unlikely to return.

I expected this response, but not that the boss-man himself would be the first one to say it. I'm honored, sir.

I suppose it'd be a lie to say I am entirely vacating EMC, cold-turkey. After all, I still have a novel to finish and publish - and you folks will be the first to hear about it, when it happens. While I've always enjoyed writing, the support and enthusiasm here is what finally spurred me to "get serious" about my craft. Whether my name sees print or not, I owe the community here a great debt for that encouragement.

Beyond that though, I've had countless instances lately where I went to post in one thread or another, read back what I was "contributing," and realized it was probably best to simply keep my words to myself. I'm sure most of us have those moments when our better judgement kicks in, but for me the frequency with which it was happening forced me to get a little introspective and admit the problem was with me. I'd much prefer to be a positive influence for the community, even if that means knowing when to shut up and walk away.

Actually, they're very much the same thing...
    /mysteriousness intensifies

Pfft. Most of the time, I'm the one bothering you.
    NuclearBobomb, 607, FDNY21 and 9 others like this.
  6. I fear for the day that I will no longer want to play as well. For me being here on this server/Minecraft has been a somewhat expensive hobby.

I had a ton more to say but I didn't like how it looked when I read it back. So to that as well I understand.
    SirCue, Equinox_Boss and Kephras like this.
  7. I'm sorry, is that a challenge?
  8. I think it is
  9. Apology accepted.
  10. No. Bad. I don't agree. Please =(
  11. you'll be very missed, keph. wish you the best outside of emc / mc, though ! if you decide not to stick around even on forums, at least an occasional pop in would probably make many happy !

take care of yourself and good luck on your adventures outside of emc :)
    SirCue, Kephras and Equinox_Boss like this.
  12. Kephras, your departure is sad to see. :(

I have known you since I joined EMC in 2012... not only will you be missed by me, but you will be missed by everyone on EMC.

Good luck, and hopefully, we will all see you again. :)
  13. Kephras, I don't know you that well, but I will miss you on emc!

I hope you some back in the future and your spark gets ignited again! :D

Have a good life, and always remember to be happy and live life to the fullest! :D

-SirCue
    607, Kephras and Equinox_Boss like this.
  14. I regret not being a member of EMC earlier to have had the opportunity to know you at all, but I can see from the responses that there is an astronomical aura of respect for you, and as a person who has clearly earned that, I wish you the very best throughout the rest of your days, wherever they may lead you. And as an avid reader, I relish the opportunity to see you return with news of your writing.

[Edit: I will be singing about cabbages and kings for a while too, and I'm totally ok with it]
    607, ShelLuser, Kephras and 1 other person like this.
  15. Good luck in your future journeys
    Kephras and Equinox_Boss like this.
  16. I got on the forums today thinking about your status countdown and how today was probably either going to be the day it ended or at least somewhere close and was actually excited... When I got onto your profile, I saw Shel's big long note about you leaving and I think my heart stopped momentarily. I would not even consider myself to be a close friend of yours, but you are definitely one of the people I enjoy most on EMC. I always enjoy reading your posts and stories and I surely hope you stick around and continue to write more...

Thank you.

Alright that was probably a bit overdone and poorly written, but oh well. At least it was heartfelt...
    607 and Kephras like this.
  17. I echo the sentiments here, it is sad to see you go. While I do hope you enjoy your future endeavors elsewhere, I hope you will also pop back in here time and again!
  18. Tiger :(

You were one of the first people that I befriended when I first joined EMC, and you showed me a lot of the interesting and amazing things about this server that caused me to stay.
    I understand completely where you are coming from, and totally respect your decision. It is hard to stay committed to a game that you have grown apart from.

Thank you for everything that you have done for me, and have done for the server and I wish you luck on your future endeavors!

o7