The time has come...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Kephras, Feb 26, 2017.

1. ...the Tiger said, to talk of many things.

Five years ago, my friend Bobcat convinced me to take my Minecraft adventures online, and join a server. Five years since I became part of the community of EMC.

I am by nature something of an internet nomad. I roam from one game to the next as the mood strikes me, and rarely look back once my interest in the game has ended. For Minecraft, that ending was a good two years or so back... but the people here, the community, makes EMC so much more than just a game. Through the highs and lows, good times and bad, Empire Minecraft has been like a second home to me. Despite my love of the written word, it's difficult to express just how much you all have meant to me these last five years.

Edit 6-22-2017
    -Looks like you're all stuck with me for a while longer, since apparently I suck at this whole "quitting" thing. That doesn't mean you'll be seeing me around in-game, since Minecraft as a game hasn't been interesting for me in ages now, but as long as I'm still leaving my muddy pawprints all over the forum, I may as well stop pretending I'm not here...

Which makes it even more difficult to say what comes next: "Goodbye."

Some of you have already known this was coming. I reached the decision back in December, when I realized I was simply done with Minecraft. I've hoped for a long time that I'd find that inspirational spark again, but it simply hasn't come. And so, for me, it's at last time to move on.

However, before I turn the last page and end this chapter of my life, there is one last thing I have to finish. A "going-away" present, of sorts, something to give back to everyone here on EMC for everything you've all given me. It's far from complete, but hopefully Krysyy won't mind me giving a little preview.

(No, it's not a library.)

For now, let me just say thank you all for being one of the best communities I've known.
    I wish you all the best.

-Keph

EDIT:
    LoneStar wants to decapitate me and mount my head on a tiny shrine, but needs input on what the plaque should read.
    Help him out?
  2. ;( please stick around the forums! quitting minecraft doesn't have to mean quitting the community :)
  3. We'll miss you Keph, but as Aikar stated, stick around on the forums. :)
  4. Hope you have fun in what ever you do next :)
    SirCue, Kephras and Equinox_Boss like this.
  5. We'll miss you. Good luck and have fun with whatever you decide to do next.
  6. Oh Kephras, Although we haven't talked in a while, your the spark on SMP8 and your the spark in many EMC hearts. You shouldn't leave us completely, the forums are always there. Although Minecraft left you, I hope we haven't left you. I hope to see you sometimes on the forums and in-game, even if its not likely I hope. By the way your little present looks amazing. And a great builder left the Build Team, sadly again.
    607, SirCue, Kephras and 1 other person like this.
  7. You will be missed, best of luck outside of EMC :)
  8. I'll miss you buddy. Best of luck in future endeavors. :)
    AKing707, SirCue and Kephras like this.
  9. I and smp8 will miss you, Kephras! All the best to you!
  10. You will be dearly missed! :( Sad to see you go but good luck in the future!
    Kephras and Equinox_Boss like this.
  11. Have fun with what ever you decide to play next, we'll still be here for you when you pop in on the forums! I'll always remember your stories and of course your Subaru too. Good luck mate :)
  12. I will always remember you as the one who started 'smp8 you worry me'
  13. I hope you have a good one! And remember that we'll all be here if you ever decide to come back. You shall be missed and remembered! And make sure you have fun with whatever you decide to play next. :D
  14. You will be missed ;-;
    SirCue, Equinox_Boss and Kephras like this.
  15. We will all missed u. Plz don't leave the forums. :(
  16. Keph! Luck be with you in your journeys.
  17. waaa..? :confused: yer leaving? :( as was mentioned above.. enjoy your new adventures but please don't be a stranger to these parts fur person.
  18. I'll catch you on Empyrion sometime soon, lets go raid some freighters my dude
  19. Good luck in your future. Which reminds me, I need to read your stories. ;)
  20. What can be said that hasn't been said before. I do hope your next chapter is a good one. Please pop in from time to time here on the forums.