The Major Update - 7/1/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Which kinda breaks the vanilla aspect a bit, don't ya think?

But if you absolutely want to farm heads in PvP, then both players will have to turn on their heads.
  2. Great job Aikar! I knee you make a big update! Very proud!
  3. Darn it! Now I gotta wait another week before I can find an excuse to #chickenbrokeit
    ShelLuser likes this.
  4. Possible new Momentus Hat? *shudders with excitement* Thanks, Aikar! :D If anyone DOES get a Momentus hat of some sort, please shoot me a PM ASAP and I'll get it added to le Wiki. :)
    PenguinDJ and deathconn like this.
  5. Woop woop! Yeah Aikar! This is awesome! :D
  6. But it's all fixed now =P
  7. I love all of the new updates, but is it just me or have the Marlix and Momentus spawn rates gone drastically down? It may have been mentioned previously, but I haven't seen it. I have all Marlix and Momentus pieces now (except maybe the new one??) but I also in general just liked fighting them when they spawned nearby. I haven't seen or heard of a single one spawning since the 1.8 update though and I used to see them pretty frequently.
    ChickenDice and DubChef like this.
  8. Since I started working on my base I had two Marlixes spawn in on me (scared the living daylights out of me the first time - I hadn't gotten one to spawn in on me outside of mob arena since the Momentus after I joined, and pretty much gave up on one ever spawning near me)

The key with getting them to spawn is within their mechanics. Only one will spawn per hour per smp. In addition, the odds of them spawning at your position is dependent on how many players are out in the waste or wild - the more there are, the lower your individual chance of getting a spawn is.

The best advice I can give you is to show up in the late evenings, stick to the surfaces and be patient. Even if you're the only one on the server you still have the hour clock to deal with and will not be entirely sure when it started. As for patience, I I did get two Marlixes (and almost 200k in loot between the two) but it was exactly two weeks between the two spawns. It really comes down to a lot of luck to get minibosses to show up.

If you dig around there will be some claiming light mechanics play a factor, but the first spawn I had happened in the middle of the day. So I wouldn't worry about that specific detail
  9. Thanks but I'm aware of the mechanics. I once killed 5 Marlixes in one week and they all spawned in the same biome area etc. I'm just wondering if the actual spawn rates are down.
    DubChef likes this.
  10. The problem with conjecturing about rates is that it's based on perception. The mechanics make it really difficult to tell and people don't often type @t ZOMG A MARLIX/MOMENTUS! when they spawn in.

If the mechanics are still operating as they should, then it may be an issue with optimizing the mechanics to your advantage rather than an issue with the spawn rates themselves.

EDIT: I took a section out because my statistics brain is not functioning atm. I'll put it back once I reboot things. :p

I can say that if you're flying solo on FNM on the other side of a waste, don't expect a boss to show up - explanation will come later as to why.
  11. On the issue of heads:

If you think your head should be valuable because it should be rare, then it should be rare because you don't lose. If you lose all the time and you still want to collect heads, then your head shouldn't be very valuable anyway.

Just my two cents.
  12. If ye ain't liked yer head ain't either xD
  13. Oh my, Momentus is looking even more terrifying than usual. Was he supposed to have been wielding a massive, non-vanilla resource pack, enchanted stone sword this whole time? :eek:
  14. When someone does something like /res message enter &5Hello

It literally says "&5Hello" and yellow
  15. Thanks to the development team for the awesome new update!
  16. I agree. I am not a fan of PVP, so I do not do it often.
    I just think people forget one thing:
    The head business is about supply and demand, not just supply. You may only have one of your head, but let's be honest, who has the demand for your head and how high are they actually willing to pay?
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  17. The update is so cool
  18. All of my reses are working