The Major Update - 7/1/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Jul 1, 2015.

1. I've already let many of my heads go out, from here on out I'd like to control its release :) If players have head drop on, it means they don't mind who gets it, which means anyone regardless of setting, so I'm not sure why you're against letting those with head drop off not getting those, but so be it. I get your "making it fair" idea but the idea was that you can just turn off your head drop...

I know it's purpose is not for head collecting, but if you're like me and you like special items, then you want a good old staff head, especially certain "Aikar PvP heads" and "Rainbowchin PvP heads" and all of the rest. I don't even have a chance to get those now, do I? If I turn on head drop then my head goes out beyond my control, and that's not something that I want to do...

I mean, I see why you've put it in place, no doubt, but I don't see why it's a better system than the old one, because now I won't be going to Staff Events at the arenas, and I didn't go to it normally when there weren't events on anyway, so it basically makes it no fun anymore, I want a chance at those Staff Heads :p

I propose an idea to possibly make the rule void when Staff Events are on at the arena to give everyone a chance to get a special Staff Head no matter what their head drop setting is so that everyone has a fair chance of getting it without worrying about their own head going beyond their own control.
  2. He could have a enchanted stick, it would make it look cool =P
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. I could not have worded this better.

As much as I agree that it should be "fair and square", there is some of us that love to keep our heads to ourselves. There's probably already a considerable amount of Caden heads out there to date, and I do not mind having those out there. I won't do anything to buy them back. However, when I just want to go out and get some heads just for fun, and I am restricted from doing that due to the loss of my precious head, I don't feel the need to go out for PvP any more.

I am not at all much of a PvPer. I am not willing to spend more than 40k on a set of armor. However, when I do go to Staff Events such as Staff VS the World, and they have head drop on, I am not willing to sacrifice so many of my own head for a single staff head (plus the chance that I might not even get a staff head!)

As much as I'd like to say that this rule makes everything "fair and square" (and it does, don't get me wrong), I am going to have to refrain from PvP for a while. This is not because I don't like things being fair - it's simply because I don't want to lose my head for the head of another.
  4. Perhaps have the option to turn this off for an event? Like a staff member turn off the system that causes it?
    cadenman2002 likes this.
  5. i liek the headdrop changes tbh, now can we fix the timer and the fair arenas :p
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  6. I don't know. If you really want a staff head, why won't you risk losing your's. I just don't get what is so special about anyone's head let alone a staff head. I know they are rare and the special events are special, but if you want one, it seems reasonable to take a little risk of losing your head to get one.
    Gawadrolt and SEPTHEKID like this.
  7. Nice!

I absolutely agree with FDNY on the head part.
    TigerstarMC, FDNY21 and wolffpack58 like this.
  8. get it?
    ChickenDice, Gawadrolt and PenguinDJ like this.
  9. Which is why it wouldn't make a difference if players got heads. This change seems to be countering the head farmers in PvP, but there are very few of those... I'd know, I spend a lot of time in the arenas. As far as I can remember, I've seen a grand total of two head farmers, and they didn't even kill anyone. :P

Seems like you're supportive of people giving out their heads... I'm certainly not one of the people who wants to. I've been trying to buy back the only head of mine I know in existence for 150k. With the amount I'm in PvP, the Empire would be drowning in my heads.

I'm not the person who cares about player heads. At all. I /dispose of 90% of them. The real problem with this lies with Staff PvP events. There are Staff who don't value their head as much as I do mine... so why would I have to sacrifice my head to be able to get theirs, if they don't care who gets it? It doesn't make sense.

If people care about their head, they'll turn it off. If they don't, they'll keep it on. Simple as that... I don't see why it should be the killers' responsibility to control if people drop heads.
    607, FDNY21, ShelLuser and 2 others like this.
  10. yeah i havent rlly seen alot of head farmers, i usually give my heads to anonreturns now cause i dont wanna do another auction. it would be nice to get some of those rarer heads now tho or they dont have a chance to get mine :)
  11. We can add a message that says "You received your head because Player X had their head drop setting off", and then it can be purely up to the staff member if they want to give you the head or not.

Also, I just realized that PVP heads were dropping 100% of the time - this was not intended, so next update will fix that.

Additionally, for the statement about "helping others collect their head" - this is still possible and even easier! If you don't receive a head drop due to Player Settings, the Victim (the player who is dropping their head) receives their own head instead of you receiving it.

So you can still help people obtain their head, and it will conveniently go into their own inventory for them.
    khixan, 607, FDNY21 and 1 other person like this.
  12. by the way, i dont know if its been fixed yet, but used to when my head drop was on it would never drop and when i would log back in it would be set back to off. i havent tested if this is still a thing yet tho
  13. As Aikar has already mentioned, the PvP arenas were never meant for head farming. Now that's not the primary drive behind this change, but it is one of the things that have come up during discussions. If someone wants to fight for a Staff head (not a specifically renamed PvP one), then that Staff member can make the decision if they want to give it out to players when it drops in their inventory upon death.

When admins/Senior staff hold events for the exclusive PvP versions of our heads, they don't drop automatically anyway. We go off of death logs.

Staff will not budge on this issue. If you want someone else's head in PvP (not including Staff events if the Staff involved say so), you are going to have to risk yours. Those of you that hold your head more precious aren't excluded from PvP, only the player heads dropping.
    FDNY21, slash14459 and cadenman2002 like this.
  14. As long as I have a chance to get staff heads in staff events even if my head drop is off, I fully support the change and agree that it makes PvP fairer. I'm happy to see that we have discussed the ideas and came to a productive and understandable conclusion.
  15. Yay! Will name changes take place on the forums as well? I would assume so, just not sure.
  16. 'Here we see the Momentus in it's natural habitat. Out for a stroll with the family when out of the darkness comes a hunter....'

17. Just to be sure here... There is a difference between adding a tag (/res tag add ...) and a named location (/res loc set ...).

A tag is basically a residence "description" which can be used one or multiple residences. A good example is the shop tag; if you run your own shop it's a good idea to tag you residence like that (/res tag add shop) so that there is a chance that people who are looking for a random shop (using /v +shop) will end up on yours.

A named location however is something which is specific for your residence, unlike a tag. It allows people to directly teleport to a specific place on your residence using a name which you set yourself. For example allowing them to use /v kytula shop. This would mean you've added a named location somewhere using /res loc set shop and people can now directly teleport to it.

Figured I'd mention this just in case you'd mix up a tag with a named location. Because although you mentioned tags the command you tried to use applies to a named location.

Hope this can help a bit. And I'll be sure to re-read that wiki page you mentioned.
    607, Kytula and PenguinDJ like this.
  18. Can someone tell me what the momentus is wearing?
  19. Looks as if he's wearing the latest fashion in minecraft helmets. His outfit is still a bit rough looking though. I think it's called shabby chic.
    607, Gawadrolt, SkareCboi and 2 others like this.
  20. i dont think anyone has gotten it yet