The Major Update - 7/1/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Its vanilla
  2. Bug: EXE /v wolffpack58 3 Output: Could not find a saved location by name of 3
    Fix: /v wolffpack58-3 Output: Player Teleported to wolffpack58's 3rd Res
  3. Looks awesome. I can't wait for DT or more mini bosses though ;).
  4. I don't like the new pvp head changes. How will I get heads now? And no more staff pvp events for me either.
    wolffpack58, PenguinDJ and FDNY21 like this.
  5. You can still have your heads disabled, but you won't be able to get others heads... I feel the same with the pvp timer ;)
    wolffpack58 likes this.
  6. I tried to get the timer fixed okay </3
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  7. when you do it again
  8. No it's not; that would look like this:

Looks like some kind of faithful pack was used, though the sword still looks very different. Anyway, my point was more about the existence of the massive stone sword itself, not the resource pack. :p
  9. It's not a sword Uber... It's a toothpick! :p
  10. Oh, that's supposed to be Momentus' Toothpick? In that case, well, I don't know how to say this, but doesn't that totally defeat the joke? It's supposed to be something he drops, not something he wields. The joke is that it's just a little toothpick for him, being a giant, but in a player's hands it's the size of a sword. I can extrapolate that it may have even originally been an homage to the Giant's Knife from Ocarina of Time. To make it so Momentus suddenly wields this massive sword that's the size of an apartment building for a player, and still call it a toothpick, just don't make no sense to me. :confused:
  11. Should be noted... that it IS a Wooden Sword. He is holding his toothpick
    DeathPunchKitty likes this.
  12. It's expandable due to magical properties because he kept misplacing it. Problem solved.
  13. Well I'm satisfied! :rolleyes:
  14. Finally, UUID's, when is that coming to forums though? So we can change our names on the forums, or is that going to have to be done by individual staff members at a time?
  15. When it updates in-game. It will update the forums :)
    yankees518 and krysyyjane9191 like this.
  16. The visit command is a bit funky right now. Fix will go out later for it. And are you talking about residence locations?
    Kytula likes this.
  17. I agree with this actually, the only time I go to PvP is either when it's done at a player event or when there are staff heads available. I assume this means I can't even get staff heads when I'm in the arena now? Also, I will not turn on my head drop just to get staff heads, other players just kill you anyway too and that would release my heads into the system, so there isn't really a way around it. Don't tell me to just turn it on, it's just the way I want it with head drop always off.

There's pros and cons to the old way and the new way of how PvP heads work, but when it comes down to it, if you wanted someone to have your head then you kept it on and they got it no matter what settings they had chosen. It was simple before, now it's just a bit annoying because PvP is useless for me now - can't help friends get heads, can't get other staff heads...

I get that it's fairer but I'm just still not seeing how it's now a "better system" than the previous one :)
  18. Cool updates once more! :) Thank you Aikar, Chicken and Socks. I look forward to name changes soon!
  19. PVP's purpose is not for head collecting. It's for fun in fighting each other.

If you want the opportunity to earn someone else head, you should grant them the same equal opportunity to earn yours too is why the change was made.

"Helping someone get their head" is not a reason for keeping the old behavior.

It is on the agenda to have 1v1 duels, so in the future you could turn head drops on during a duel, but we want to encourage people to give up their head if they want to earn other peoples head too.

If head gaining was all PVP was for someone, then sorry that's not the goal of the feature so its not something were going to support.

I really don't understand why some of you are so against letting your head get out :p

And I'm going to ahead and say that I and other staff have strong support of this change and will not budge on it.
  20. for locations you don't use +, so its /v 2122 firegarden, the + is for visiting random other res like /v +shop
    Kytula and 607 like this.