Super Turkeys and 1.11 Client Support - 11/20/16

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Super turkeys spawn every half hour correct? Per SMP. So every hour per player, every half hour per SMP? I apologise that I asked this before but it appears that they spawn more than they should.
  2. So I've been sitting AFK on SMP8 for the last few hours, haven't moved. I'm also not in a group nor am I near any other players. I also haven't hit any Super Turkeys that I didn't kill, unless it's one from a long long time ago that spawned last year maybe... but I doubt it.

I just got a message showing in my chat saying I defeated a Super Turkey and it gave me some tokens.

How is this possible?

EDIT: I'm AFK'ing on Diff 10. Is it possible a Super Turkey spawned near me (but with no chat message) and a Skele killed it and it gave me the tokens since I was nearby? Only thing I can think of.
  3. UPDATE: So now I left my Diff on 10 so I've been on Diff 10 since before my last update. Another turkey spawned and I went to it. This time it took a little longer to kill, maybe 5 minutes. It dropped:

7x Cooked Turkey
    17x Feather (in chat but it actually gave me 21 feathers)
    1x Diamond

and it says it's effective difficulty was 5 and it gave me 150 tokens

Now I'm far out in the wild, no one is near me and I'm not in a group. If I'm on Diff 10 so safe to assume the Turkey spawned on Diff 10 then why would it be 5? Also still getting 1 diamond even on Diff 10 which seems strange.

Also the turkey literally keeps spawning in the exact same spot each time. I don't mind this of course because it's easy to find and I know in my current location the choices of places to spawn is no doubt very limited but still....
  4. Each world has a 1/2 hour timer after turkey spawns in which another one cannot. There is a separate timer for each smp's wild, waste, nether, nwaste, end, and ewaste. In addition, each player has a personal two-hour timer (not sure if it's cross-smp, but is definitely cross-world) in which a turkey cannot chose that player to spawn near.
  5. I don't know if it was this way last year but super turkeys are all going to be diff 5 and the drops and the movement of the turkeys are glitched, aikar already knows and said he isn't doing anything about it. I have never heard of monsters difficulty being dependant on who spawned them, that would defeat the whole purpose of the ps settings. Sorry it took you so much testing to figure that out :/ If you would have read this thread you would have seen that though xD(about the super turkeys being glitched, not the difficulty thing)

They are also supposed to drop at least 2 diamonds but the majority of them are dropping only 1 diamond. The feather thing was mentioned several times in the thread as well.
    WayneKramer likes this.
  6. I seriously don't think you should have to mess with difficulty settings, quite frankly I don't think they matter at all for these turkeys. In a way I compare this to the guardians spawned by Momentus: it's merely a mob which follows the same protocols (so: it will get drawn to you when you're out of reach, it'll reduce loot amounts if you hit it while it can't hit you and it will keep difficulty in mind) but in the end it doesn't matter at all because these guys (guardians) don't drop anything useful at all.

Reason I mention this is because I could see how some players might get confused with all the messages and may start to think that if they killed a guardian at a higher level then surely they'll drop better stuff. All the messages seem to indicate as much, right?

Well, wrong. It's merely a mob which follows the same protocols, but that's also where the similarities end. It's only there to guard Momo and nothing more.

So I think the same applies to the turkeys. Yes, you get messages about difficulty settings, and you get warned when others kill one (or when commits suicide) and you even get to share tokens if you're in a group. But that's (IMO!) also where the similarities end.

The mob has its own loot table (loot tables are something I recently discovered / studied myself) and that's about it. For everything else it relies on existing code, simply because that makes it a lot easier on the developers.

And that's my educated theory why raising your difficulty isn't needed. I'm pretty sure I'm close to the mark here.

Another thing: Aya & me hunted several too (we used a group, which means we both play at diff. 5 (I usually play on 6, Aya on 4, this levels it out for us) and we're already looking at 2 or 3 slicers which we got (I think Aya said she already got another one, but I'm not sure).

And finally: those turkeys are moving alright! Some may stand still, sure, but oh my .... I've chased dozens already, and one moment it's 1 chunk away and all of a sudden it's 3 chunks away. Out of the last 4 turkeys I killed one stood still and the others kept running around in circles :D

LOL, so annoying, just stand still and let me pluck you already! :D

SO yeah, that's my story :)

I'm loving this event!
    PeachPenguin likes this.
  7. Look what I found. :) No Rare drops just snow items and 6 diamonds. :( Bonus during this event. :rolleyes:

8. passive mobs and event mobs are all considered a static difficulty 5.

Code:
    public static double getEntityEffectiveDifficulty(Entity entity) {
        if (entity instanceof Animals) {
            return 5;
        }
        if (CustomMob.getType(entity) instanceof SpecialMob) {
            return 5;
        }

Turkey meets both of those checks.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  9. And another that cant do anything with.:(

ChespinLover77 and Tuqueque like this.
  10. So there will not be a thanksgiving promo available through /promo ?
  11. there is the slicer.. and trust me: if you put your mind to it, it is doable to obtain.

But no worries.. Aya & me are going to get our whack at it this weekend again and any slicers we get out of that will be given away in a forum event (can't get any easier,right?).

Coming soon to an EMC forum near you!

No promises, but I am certain we'll be managing to get at least one of them, I feel lucky :)
  12. its why i dont gamble for money. I have gotten enough feathers off those turkeys to stuff a king sized feather bed and not a turkey slicer yet.
  13. I know that there is the slider, but there is no /promo
  14. Thanksgiving is to be thankful, plus staff is always giving promos out for holidays I like the i dea of earning them :)

Edit: it gets everyone more active, and interacting with others in the wild/waste
  15. When your friend finds a turkey..
    ShelLuser likes this.
  16. I agree with that too, I was just confirming something
  17. Just wondering why the turkey slicer doesn't have this years date on it?
  18. The turkey drop versions never did. They were always generic. The /promo one was the only one that was dated.
    TBird1128 and ShelLuser like this.
  19. I have found a super turkey and cant kill it. I've been hitting it constantly for a good 10 minutes
  20. Just continue fighting it. Turkeys got an insane amount of health, so it can take quite a while (also depending on your weapons). For example: I wouldn't recommend fighting one with an iron sword ;)