Super Turkeys and 1.11 Client Support - 11/20/16

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Nov 20, 2016.

1. No need for a horse IMO. Maybe different at my outpost. I just walk around until I find the message.
  2. thx a bunch 4 the update! ^.^

now we can get a turkey friend 4 our pet turky on the frontier base! :)

and imma sure getting a slicer again this year, watch out turkeys! :mad:
  3. 1.9 name tags <3 u can see the name tags now
    Kytula likes this.
  4. How much HP does it have?
  5. iv killes 1 before (i buried it in sand)
  6. A distance of 4-chunks is within the visible distance. So you usually don't need to travel very far.
  7. Does the link work? Cause it doesn't work for me
    ExExUnderscore and ShelLuser like this.
  8. Same. Seems Aikar forgot to specify the domain name. This is what you want: https://wiki.emc.gs/super-turkey/

Hmm, it would appear that the loot table is out of date, last time I killed a Turkey I got 11 diamonds out of it, which is more than the specified maximum.
    Themoglover likes this.
  9. who is the skin on the logo?
  10. At minimum, 2 hours if you're alone.

Also, they don't move. At all. Please fix.
    Wither_Addict likes this.
  11. Can confirm, killed one today and they just stand frozen until they die
  12. Turkeys are weird in that on occasion, they will just stand still, especially in an enclosed space. I think this has more to do with the AI from the mob they replace (Super Turkeys spawn instead of chicken jockeys, I believe) and baby zombies pause whenever they are hit. Just an idea? I don't know, just throwing that out there, lol.

Also, question. Do turkeys spawned in past years retain their maximum health of 2048, or is it adjusted for all turkeys? I have one as a pet in the frontier from 2015 and I'm curious.
  13. It varies per turkey it seems. Aya chased one earlier on SMP2 and... I still need to laugh :D Especially when 2 creepers and a zombie also decided to join the fun. I saw it happening: she was slashing away at the turkey (had it against a wall) and not much later *B00m*, and then the chase had to start all over again.

But the other which I chased earlier today was also 'frozen'.

This seems to be default behaviour. I tried to copy these critters on my LAN world (even made a custom spawner which spawns them, that is SO much fun to troll others) and the same applies: sometimes it moves and runs, but the other time it just stands there.

The best results which I got was when I re-made my "Son of Momentus" critter in 1.11 (this is a baby zombie wearing leather pants which is riding an 'enraged chicken' (Super Turkey-ish)). Then the zombie decides where to walk to and that results in some really crazy stuff :D
  14. Regarding the movement, the same happens with Speedybirds, for those of you who know what those are. I think it may be something having to do with 1.9 and speed, so maybe fiddling with their speed buffs would do something.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  15. I was hoping for a Turkey Jockey for a challenge change instead of the trapping in a corner and hitting it repeatedly turkey.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  16. Do chicken jockeys spawn when a zombie spawns, or when a chicken spawns? If it's a zombie, then it wouldn't happen, since turkeys replace hostile mob spawns.
  17. It won't happen.

I just thought it would be nicer for Turkey Jockeys to spawn instead of just Turkeys.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  18. there arent any chicken jockey in the nether in EMC... preety sure
  19. Those are on emc I see them all the time.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  20. Im preety sure i spent a month in the nether building something and I didnt see a single one of them...

In overworld ive seen, but in nether never