Super Turkeys and 1.11 Client Support - 11/20/16

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Nov 20, 2016.

1. I've literally passed by 3 of them when building a nether rail earlier today. In fact I had to push one off and got blown away by a ghast while doing so...
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. hmm, lol, i guess is just luck
  3. Same :) I think I even sent that idea in as a mob suggestion once.
  4. Is there a /promo???

I rlly wanted some kind of thanksgiving bow ;-;
  5. One spawned in the nether for me once in nether im too lazy to kill it tho
  6. OMG SOMEONE NEEDS TO BREED 2 TURKIES :O
  7. I was directed to a page with these.... things..
    ϵͳÕÒ²»µ½Ö¸¶¨µÄÎļþ¡£
  8. It's not Thanksgiving yet.

Fun.

NOT POSSIBLE

Also try to edit your post rather then posting 4 separate times :)
  9. Why is breeding turkies impossible
  10. Because there is no way Aikar would let that happen. You could then cage 2 and breed thousands of them all with chances to drop rare promos. I don't think they even respond to seeds TBH.
  11. Last year they did, but the resulting chicks were just regular chickens.
    Kytula and ThaKloned like this.
  12. We're in the middle of the 1.11 update, aka "Code Freeze". Didn't have time to explore the idea of modifying the event.

Plus we just did a ton of new code for HTown =P
    ShelLuser, Slvr and Kytula like this.
  13. i have a few questions and maybe they were asked before but i didn't see the answer:

1) Are the Super Turkeys set to disappear on their own for any reason? because I saw one swimming in lava and while I was on my way to it it just disappeared. I logged out and back in just to confirm but it was definitely gone, it wasn't in the lava nor did it move around unless it just respawned in another chunk while I was standing there.

2) Do you need enraged spawns turned on for these to spawn near you?
  14. I've had a Turkey and BlizzArd in my display cages for almost a year now and they have not vanished. Unless something has changed this year though.

I've had enraged spawns off for a long time and Turkeys still spawn.
    AnonReturns, Kytula and JesusPower2 like this.
  15. thanks for responding, yeah the disappearing turkey the only thing I can figure out is maybe i was a little lagged and the turkey managed to get up out of the lava and run away before my display caught up but but the messages went from it being within my chunk to being 5 chunks away. so i can scratch that up to an anomaly, no big deal.

i also just turned enraged back off, glad i don't need that on to find a turkey lol
  16. How often can the food chests spawn, and do they only spawn in the frontier wilderness or the wastelands wilderness too?
  17. What i mean by breedinn them is just getting a normal chick out if 2 turkieys, it was supposibly a joke lol
  18. I don't use a horse at all when hunting them. Just hang out in one spot with no one else around. They'll spawn. Go mining or work on an outpost or something. So long as you hang out at one spot and pay attention, they'll show up. We killed a number of them while finishing up the Nether Express Fort Wart connection, and then again while we were killing withers last night. If you hunt them in the Nether, they like being in lava lakes in my experience (silly turkeys).
  19. Yes, and great job on HTown! That was awesome!
  20. Well, it is, sort off ;)

Aya and me are still busy building some kind of 'cage house' for a turkey which we found last year in the Frontier. Well, today we discovered that a chicken had spawned in the same 'cage' as the Turkey was in. SO Aya decided to try and breed them. It worked like a charm, but the result is a normal chicken.

But yeah, no extra turkeys but you can breed them :)