Super Turkeys and 1.11 Client Support - 11/20/16

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Nov 20, 2016.

1. *gunfire*
    *screams*
    *visions of unescapeable (?) bedrock formations*
    *the metallic breaking sound of my god sword*
    khixan and AlexC__ like this.
  2. Yes. I had this problem as well. I have encountered 3 Turkeys already and none of them moved an inch :confused:

EDIT: Reported the bug to Aikar

The number between the brackets is an ID number for a turkey. A turkey has one unique ID number. It happens very often that multiple turkeys are in the same area, but with this ID number you can see which gobble comes from which turkey.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. Woo the evil birds are back :D There's still a few super turkeys near my nether rail from last year lol
  4. khixan likes this.
  5. I like the idea of half the health, twice as fast. Just think how funny it'd be.
  6. Found my first super turkey only 30 seconds after leaving the waste outpost :p
    I also found you can put them on a lead and drag them around into a trap or something, which kinda defeats the purpose of them being fast. Is it supposed to be that way?
    ShelLuser likes this.
  7. Guess who back.. Back again
    jossytheninja likes this.
  8. I don't know if this has been answered yet, but the number in brackets is the unique ID for that turkey. It helps differentiate between turkies when there's more than one in an area, so that you don't get a message saying that one is 2 chunks away, then another one immediately after saying that one is 8 chunks away.
    ShelLuser, khixan and Kytula like this.
  9. Does using a turkey slicer affect your chance of getting a turkey slicer?
    Sgt_Pepper4 likes this.
  10. Nope
    crazyminerpete likes this.
  11. The turkey spawns near your Y axis...
  12. I still work in 1.9 idk why. I'm just a super 'old school' minecrafter. lol

edit: I will end up working in 1.9 until we can't anymore and then just go to 1.10
  13. Gawadrolt and AnimalGirl120 like this.
  14. Something that works well for me is start above ground. Walk around until you see '0 chunks away' message. Now carefully dig down slowly so you don't fall into lava or a cavern. You can usually hear them and when really close can see their name.
    Lomax70, ShelLuser and jossytheninja like this.
  15. I have trouble even finding them. How often does the message saying how far they are appear. Sometimes I go from it saying 4 to 3 to no more message. They are also hard to track. Unlike the snowmen because you can follow their snow trail
  16. All I do is stand in a spot until I see the message then pretty much pick a direction and repeat until you get to 0. Sometimes can take awhile.
  17. Okay trying to do that but on a horse may go to fast?
  18. The are back ? :rolleyes: But the never LEFT ! :eek:
    I have seen the little bastards the whole year. Gobble annoying to you.

No i do not hunt them, the are annoying to kill and catch.
    Gawadrolt and ShelLuser like this.
  19. it has over 1k health aikar this is insane.
  20. YAY!!! The evil turkeys are back!! .. and all the goodies that go with them too! :D Now if only I could actually get in game. :(
    Kytula likes this.