Super Turkeys and 1.11 Client Support - 11/20/16

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Nov 20, 2016.

1. turkey & egg prob. u need a turkey slicer 2 slice turkeys, but b4 u get one u need to kill turkey and hope 4 the best ^.^

time 2 get my OP lance (sword) out ^.^
  2. WARNING

(all credits for this discover goes to Aya up there btw)

If you do connect with 1.11 then some custom items may appear normal. Dragon stone fragments & dragon stones themselves will not appear to be enchanted. SO please keep this in mind when you use 1.11!

Proof of concept here: https://empireminecraft.com/threads/1-11-users-careful-for-them-dragon-stone-items.68785/

(@Aikar: I think you should mention this in the OP, it's too easy for players to confuse this!).
    Tuqueque and 607 like this.
  3. O"well guess I will have to put working on the Public Utilities on hold till I gets me one of those Turkey. :rolleyes:
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  4. Ah yeah!!! Time to carve up the turkey.
  5. Rip my clicking fingure
    Gawadrolt, jossytheninja and Vortixin like this.
  6. Aikars midnight snacks 5 Hour energy shots 1 am another 5 hour which makes 10 hours worth of energy the third one he takes heart failure but still keeps working at the server weirdly
  7. A Voter Sword works well . . .
    What is the number in brackets (I hear a gobble 0 chunks away [64]). Been looking around for 5 minutes and get farther away than 0 chunks but cannot find that bird. Do they spawn underground? Can they be invisible?
    Kytula likes this.
  8. Yea they can spawn underground in caves. But head my warnings.....They run fast so take a horse. That's why when you move they move and the chunk changes. No they're not invisible.
  9. I got one with the Voter Sword and it didn't run. I had it wedged between a couple blocks. Got a Turkey Slicer. Also found a Feast Chest . . The screen read Gobble Gobble . . . I looked around and saw a chest with a sign on it. At first I thought it was another player squatting on my claimed land until I opened it and read the note inside. Pretty cool.

By the way, I don't mind players squatting . . . I would just hunt them down . . :)

Thanks
    Still don't know what the number in brackets means.
  10. Yay :3 Super Turkey Here I Come!
  11. Hallelujah no more freaking click fest from eternity! Now maybe I'll kill more than 1 or 2 this year instead of ignoring them with all my might :D
    Are the ones from last year killed off? I know my luck. I'll find carpal tunnel turkey from last year instead.
    Lomax70, Slvr, Gawadrolt and 2 others like this.
  12. Im with Karpenko here. What is the number in the brackets about? :confused:
  13. Yes they can spawn underground, and the number in brackets is to help you distinguish between different turkeys.
    Kytula likes this.
  14. Cool!!! Hopefully I'll be able to trap another one in a hole like last year so it doesn't run away XD :p
    607 likes this.
  15. Now , in the same area, I get 0 chucks away [238] . . . Hmm, if it's a different turkey the server must really want me to have a turkey.
  16. As for frequency, I have had three occurrences in the following order . . . Turkey, Feast Chest, Turkey, and they were all within about an hour and a half maybe equal time between each one. Point of note being at the time there were very few people logged onto SMP7, single digits I think.
  17. Got my first 1. :) Running #s , 738, 684, 80, 403, 640, 998, 890, 840, 668, 453, 362, 598, 247, 873, 148

khixan likes this.
  18. YAY, I can now finnaly spend 20 hours on making a working 1.11 .minecraft with world edit, schematica macro & more :)
  19. I found the elusive Super Turkey at elevation 15 (y: 15). I went up to y: 100 looking down at the hillside and saw no turkey so dug straight down . I landed right on the birds head. It didn't run, I pushed it into a corner and started whacking it with a jump.

. . . so apparently a chunk spans from bedrock to upper sky limit.
    Slvr and khixan like this.
  20. Is there no /promo D: