Super Turkeys and 1.11 Client Support - 11/20/16

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Nov 20, 2016.

1. I was glad to see that I can see Super Turkeys name tags again. I gave up on some of them last year and started ignoring the ones around spawns because of all the nooks and crannies they can spawn in. Not seeing them meant that even if you found their chunk you still might have a lot of places to look. I hope it applies to last year's Turkeys as I have a couple that are hanging around an outpost and I thought I was going to have to strip the chunks they were in in order to find them.

I think I saw somewhere that Super Turkeys spawned under the same conditions as Enraged Mobs rather than the conditions animals need to spawn. I checked the Wiki which says that they "spawn in place of normal Chickens", which I do not think is true since they would be spawning on Grass instead of underground. I noticed the two that spawned for me so far spawned in caves on the edge of where I was mining rather than in my lit tunnels. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, Wiki states that they drop 2-24 Diamonds, but both of the ones I killed last night dropped only one Diamond. Has anyone gotten more than one Diamond? How about Turkey Slicers? Has anyone gotten one yet? Does the Wiki need to be updated or is the change in drops unintentional?
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. Can confirm this. My old outpost has one on display and can see the nametag.
    Pab10S and ShelLuser like this.
  3. It does. The name tag visibility is a 1.9 game feature which applies to all mobs. I'm talking from experience btw, I'm currently helping out to "pet" a super turkey on my Frontier build and it shows right through the rocks and stone, just like a player.

Well, the Minecraft wiki states that they only spawn on grass, but I've come across dozens of chickens underground as well. I even noticed chickens spawn underground, and not just on the Empire, but my LAN server as well. I don't have a conclusive answer here, but I don't think it's uncommon for both events to happen.

Confirmed. Seems to be an error there, it should probably say 1-24. This appears to be work in progress because the loot table originally said 1-10, so the contribs are working on this.

Yesterday my friend Aya got 1 diamond from killing a turkey, then another moment she got (iirc) 6. First time I killed a turkey (see my first post) I got approx. 11 diamonds (not sure anymore, but more than 10, which triggered my comment on the loot table).

No slicers yet for me, and I know a friend of mine who has spend most of his playtime hunting turkeys and after killing 6 or 8 he also had no slicer. They are rare drops afterall :)
    Pab10S likes this.
  4. Pikminnate got like 13 diamond last night. I have seen half a dozen turkeys and not one has stood still... I actually would prefer that, these things are just a nuissance to me. I would rather fight marlixes. Pik has killed half a dozen of them and hasn't gotten a slicer... I don't like the slicer or the mob :/ There is no incentive to kill them to me past getting the annoying notification to go away and not having it scare the crap out of me when I'm carrying 200k+ worth of stuff down the nether rail and almost piss myself thinking one of the kids turned on enraged spawns and a nether hound is coming after me. or having it run all across the end while getting me to look at enderman while trying to dispose of the annoying thing. grr
    ShelLuser and TomvanWijnen like this.
  5. Maybe you miscounted the diamonds? Because this is the Turkeys loot pool

Code:
    @CustomMobSettings(
        key = "Turkey",
        name = "&6Super Turkey",
        baseType = EntityType.CHICKEN,
        spawnRate = 2,
        worldRespawnRateMins = 30,
        playerRespawnRateMins = 60*2,
        baseTokens = 150,
        showNamePlate = true,
        minSpawnFromPlayer = 8,
        bonusXpMax = 1000,
        bonusXpMin = 500,
        noSpawnNearSameTypeRange = 64,
        spawnSameYLevel = 16
    )
    public class Turkey extends CustomMob<Chicken> implements SpecialMob {
        {
            setLootPool(
                LootItem(10, COOKED_TURKEY.qtyRange(12, 25)).looting(XLRG_BONUS_5_BONUS),
                LootItem(30, COOKED_TURKEY.qtyRange(8, 20)).looting(XLRG_BONUS_5_BONUS),
                LootItem(50, COOKED_TURKEY.qtyRange(7, 10)).looting(LRG_BONUS_2_BONUS),
                LootItem(80, COOKED_TURKEY.qtyRange(4, 8)).looting(LRG_BONUS_2_BONUS),
                LootItem(COOKED_TURKEY.qty(4)),

LootItem(50, newItem(Material.FEATHER).qtyRange(32, 64)).looting(XLRG_BONUS_5_BONUS),
                LootItem(newItem(Material.FEATHER).qtyRange(16, 32)).looting(XLRG_BONUS_5_BONUS),

LootItem(40, newItem(Material.DIAMOND).qtyRange(8, 24)).looting(DIAMONDS_ENRAGED),
                LootItem(newItem(Material.DIAMOND).qty(2)).looting(DIAMONDS_ENRAGED),

LootItem(*some secret value*, PromoItems.TURKEY_SLICER).looting(XLRG_BONUS_PCT_ONLY)
            );
        }
    This says you have a 40% chance of 8-24, with Looting adding more, and if you fail that, you get 2.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  6. I've gotten 1 diamond a few times and as many as 12.
  7. I have only killed 2 and only 1 diamond each
  8. Can confirm, I've killed 9 turkeys this year, all but one have only dropped one diamond.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  9. Did you found new chunks at that distance? I had to go to 9k to find new ones
  10. Ok. You got me. I never learnted my numbers. Is it possible you're not taking zero relevance or some other thing into account?

I found a couple more turkeys. Here's one of the screenshots showing one Diamond.

Gawadrolt likes this.
  11. I was killing wan turkey. Then I started thinking about roast turkey. Then I started thinking about mash potatoes n gravy, green beans, pumpkin pie afterwards, the whole thang. starving to death now, thx aikar
  12. http://imgur.com/a/uutxt

I've killed 11 Turkeys so far. Finally got a "Turkey Slicer", but didn't get a turkey slicer. I looked everywhere around the kill spot and couldn't find it. Sad Face. I'll keep trying.
  13. is rly true what ppl said. if i read the code right u should also get more than one cooked turkey i think? but no:

[05:35:27] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Super Turkey dropped: Cooked Turkey, Feather x18, Diamond, Turkey Slicer
    [05:35:27] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Super Turkey's effective difficulty was: 5
    [05:35:27] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You earned 193 Tokens for defeating Super Turkey
    [05:35:27] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You now have 107,348! Learn more about Tokens: tokens.emc.gs
    [05:35:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] L AyanamiKun: omgomgomgomg

ofc i didnt mind 2 much about 1 diamond ^.^

be sure 2 look 4 holes and also break some walls. sometimes i tcan glitch a bit and then dont drop where u are.
  14. Thanks Ayanami, I really gave it my best search. I took out everything around and looked all over. The diamond was stray and off a few blocks away, but no Turkey Slicer....I'll keep trying.
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  15. it no work :O
  16. DISCLAIMER: I am *not* complaining, I know this event is meant for fun and even if this is how it is I don't mind... I'm simply reporting this just in case there is an issue with the code and Aikar wants to fix it.

The first Super Turkey I found it dropped one diamond, one cooked Turkey, and some feathers. It also only took like 3 minutes or something to kill with my voters sword. I also had my diff on 10 yet it said it was only on five.

Also the Turkeys aren't moving, they just sit in one spot and never move.

Then I just killed another and this time I was careful. I set my diff on 10, waited 5 minutes, set it to 10 again just to make sure it'd be on 10 and killed another one. Again, it only took like 3 minutes of hitting it (which I read others it was taking like an hour or something crazy like that) and it dropped the same.

Here is a screenshot showing the whole thing:

now if you look at that, it says it dropped 13 "Cooked Turkey" and 16 Feathers... but when I looked at my inventory I actually had 18 Feathers. Not a huge deal but I definitely didn't have any feathers before this.
    PeachPenguin and Vortixin like this.
  17. The mobs are on what ever diff they were spawned on. So it could have been spawned by someone else.
  18. ahh okay so that makes some sense. I could've been on Diff 5 when it spawned before changing it to 10. That would explain why the Effective Diff was 5 when I killed it.

That would mean to get a Diff 10 Turkey I'd have to brave the wild on 10 while waiting for one to spawn LOL

EDIT: actually I doubt I was on 5, I was more likely on 1. So if it spawned on 1 and I switched to 10, maybe it averages out to 5?
    finch_rocks_1 likes this.