[SUGGESTIONS] List your easy dev suggestions

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by chickeneer, Jan 3, 2021.

1. That makes sense. What do you think about this, then? :)

\/ \/ \/
  2. I have no comment. This thread is not for me to respond to random questions. Nor for discussions...
  3. Hmm I had one just the other day and now I can't think of it. :(

Um a way to spawn an iron golem in town (even if it's like the blizz ard drops where you can spawn one, once every 24 hours)?

A way to enable squid to spawn again in town.

Ability to see the health of mobs (such as villagers).

A way to make dispensers a lot quicker? I don't do it to often, but when I have to it stinks and I know some redstoners around here hate having to make them. Unless you use a mod maybe? And if you accidentally mess up, your stuck with a bunch of observers. -_-

Still can't think of what it was I thought of the other day. Darn.
  4. Do squid spawn eggs not work?
    You can utilise the client-side mod ToroHealth Indicators for this.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  5. Rename the squid with a nametag to make sure it doesn't despawn
  6. Oh I thought of another one, make it so that only so many players have to sleep in order to skip the night if they need/want to. It's not a huge thing but sometimes it stinks when your trying to do something that requires daylight and its full of mobs cause it's night and 1 player is afking somewhere in the same world as you.
  7. If they are /afk. They do not count towards the necessary number to cause the nightcycle to progress.
  8. Out of curiosity, are you looking for voter's item suggestions in this thread or will there be a separate thread for those. I have some ideas that I think would be fun.
    ThaKloned and Mutavalli like this.
  9. If you have something to suggest. I suggest you suggest your suggestions.
    ThaKloned, UltiPig, Tuqueque and 3 others like this.
  10. thank you for suggesting we suggest our suggestions. i suggest you go check my post on your profile page :3
    Tuqueque likes this.
  11. Some voter's item suggestions:

Voter's Elytra - Streak obtained - 500+
    Enchantments: Mending, Unbreaking 1
    Attributes: Final, Soulbound
    Note: The elytra is a special item because it never fully "breaks". Leaving off the unbreakable attribute while adding the mending enchant gives a balance. The elytra will never disappear upon death, but will still need to be repaired with xp from time to time.

Voter's Trident - Streak obtained - 350+?
    Enchantments: Loyalty 3, Impaling 1, Channeling 1
    Attributes: Final, Soulbound, Unbreakable

Voter's Gold/Chainmail Armor - Streak obtained - 1000+
    Enchantments: Same as leather voter's armor - potentially lower the levels of some of the more powerful enchants
    Attributes: Same as leather voter's armor
    Note: Gold or Chainmail voter's armor would give more protection than the current leather voters armor while still not being too overpowered.

Voter's Netherite Tools - Streak obtained - 800+?
    Enchantments: Same as diamond and iron variants
    Attributes: Same as diamond and iron variants
    Note: We have iron and diamond voter's tools, why not add the upgraded netherite variant. Make it a higher vote streak to make it take time to earn them.

Voter's Shield - Streak obtained - 325+
    Enchantments: None
    Note: Shields can have patterns applied to them. This could be a recurring reward with each level giving a different patterned shield.

Voter's Crossbow - Streak obtained - 400+
    Enchantments: Quickshot 2, Piercing 2
    Note: Allow fireworks (non-EMC custom ones) to be shot from them as well.

Voter's Turtle Hat - Streak obtained - 400+
    Enchantments: Same as voter's helmet
    Attributes: Unbreakable, Final, Soulbound
    Note: Disallow use in brewing to avoid accidents.

Voter's Potion - Streak obtained - ?
    This would be an interesting item. This would be a potion then when right clicked, would open a GUI with a list of helpful potion effects. Selecting an effect would give the player the effect for 5? minutes. Has a 4 hour cooldown.

EDIT:

Silk Touch Variants of Diamond Voter's Pickaxe, Axe, Shovel. All other enchantments would stay the same, but with silk touch replacing fortune.

These are all the items I've been thinking of. I will post more if I think of them.
  12. Voters Trident should have some feature that a thrown one (as in one in flight) would automatically be put back in the owner's inventory if it ceases to be a projectile (eg when thrown in the void or its owner dies) otherwise it'd be too easy to just loose a voters trident

might be too much of a programming feat tho, and if so, just give it riptide instead
    Mutavalli likes this.
  13. I've thought of another idea for a voting reward. This one probably won't be implemented, but it can't hurt to suggest it anyway.

Voter's Stick - Streak obtained - 1500+
    This stick would be able to egg mobs like any normal stick, but reduces the cost to 25r per mob.
    Note: If it isn't possible for this to be a stick for technical reasons, a bone or other stick shaped object would also work. Also disable its use in crafting.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  14. Voter's Bone, Lead, End Rod, Fence Gate, Feather. How it appears is completely vanilla. Developers just need to step in to allow it to be equipped into the head slot, like Aikar's Hot Hat.

Personally, I am completely for having the Voter's Gear move towards a more non-OP direction. We should not have Voter's Elytra, or Voter's Netherite tools, or even a Voter's Trident. The economy already struggles without more people needing more reason not to buy things. Move it towards a cosmetic direction and it will be just as enticing, maybe even more.
    Burki, Pab10S, Ethy202 and 4 others like this.
  15. This could be combined with the voters banners already in use. Then you can swap them in and out.
    Tuqueque and WitherDoggie like this.
  16. /ps setting to put "you can't X here (flag)" messages into the action bar
    UltiPig likes this.
  17. Another idea just hit me...

How about giving remote shop signs the ability to target separate chests for buying and selling? Many of us that own big shops often store more than 1 DC of an item we have in stock, so we have chest storage on the residence elsewhere that carries our items.

Here's my idea.... instead of left clicking targeting one chest for buying and selling... how about left clicking targeting that chest for buying the item. Then to target a chest for selling... right-click on a different chest. The sign would then still look like it's buying and selling from one chest... but in reality it isn't.

It would make remote shop signs more worth while of a buy. Now I know that they can be acquired from the supporter page. If this becomes a feature then EMC may want to consider boosting the prices on those signs a few smidges.
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  18. Not looking through 7 pages to see if this was suggested...

Wilderness, the Frontier wild... Never resetting, limited resources....

Spawners... easy to break very impossible to replace.

Upon trying to break a spawner in the frontier wild there needs to be a message that says spawners are not a break and keep block. Do you wish to permanently break it. ( and there will be a clickable button to say yes break it or no don't break it) That way new players who find one will not destroy a limited resource thinking they can break it and take it. It'll also come in handy during fast pace mining and mining with lag should one run into a spawner and accidentally break it.
  19. /lfix command, for "lighting fix". Literally just disconnects you and reconnects you to the same server in one command, same to how we have to switch server to fix lighting bugs.
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  20. You don't have to switch servers to fix the lighting glitch. Just teleport again. This would be good for cases where you wouldn't be able to do that, though. Maybe it could also ignore disconnect/connect messages to keep the chat clean for the server.