Speedrunning Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by jewel_king, Sep 2, 2020.

?

Do you like speedrunning?

Yes! 18 vote(s) 50.0%
No! 2 vote(s) 5.6%
Only to watch 16 vote(s) 44.4%
  1. These are relaxing to watch. Do you have a favourite and least favourite parkour obstacle? I personally don't like when you have to make a jump with a block above your head.
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  2. But according to speedrun.com and Google it was released in 2019. :confused:
    Speedrunning a card game, that's interesting!
  3. I agree, I'm sure you can shave off some precious time from that run moving forward. But in the general perspective, you'd beat the socks off most people. That map is incredibly large and you handle it with such ease. I didn't watch the full hour, but what I did, was very impressive and extremely well done man. That's pretty entertaining to watch! Thank you! :D
    jewel_king and 607 like this.
  4. Favorite... Maybe just a plain 3 block jump?
    Least Favorite... Not a specific jump but ones that require you to stand still to line yourself up exactly can be a bit annoying if you have to do them a lot :rolleyes:
    Nickblockmaster, naMrorriM and 607 like this.
  5. I played the app version for many years now... I think it wasn't "officially" released until then. *shrug*
    naMrorriM and 607 like this.
  6. Getting closer to that sub-hour run!
    DaybreakerMC and Nickblockmaster like this.
  7. It seems like there's no sound.
  8. That would be because there isn't :p I play with sound turned off cause I watch TV on a second monitor while running
    Nickblockmaster and 607 like this.
  9. You’ll be pleased to know that I watched the full run just now. Looks like you had a couple hiccups, but recovered quickly! Nevertheless, thank you for sharing! How do you do this? Wow 😳 How long have you been doing parkour runs?
    607 likes this.
  10. woah cool haha, hmmm I did the pyramid for the first time Saturday morning i believe :)
    607 and Nickblockmaster like this.
  11. I think he means parkour on this level in general. :p For at least a few years, right? I remember you also being a popular contender at the Stairway to Balloons or whatever it was called.
  12. After watching me do some speedrunning my brother decided he wanted to make a course!

And then, quite possibly one of my worst ideas ever!
    This definitely could have been faster but i was too dizzy to do any more
    Nickblockmaster and Sefl like this.
  13. That's nice, please compliment him on it from me. :) I quite liked the thematic elements at some part, and the flow seemed pretty good generally. The only issues I have with it is that there should be lights in the underwater part, and that, ironically, the boat part flows quite awkwardly. It would probably be better if it was down the stream instead of up it, so bubble columns would not be necessary.

I worked on a parkour adventure map for some time a while ago. :) Not sure if it was before or after I joined EMC. It was going to be called The Pancake Syndrome. I should load it up some time, to see how far I got with it!
    Nickblockmaster and jewel_king like this.
  14. Whats everyones best speedrunning time? Mines 21:23. Random seed glitchless
    607 likes this.
  15. Dream, that is all.
  16. I can't find your time! I suppose that's on 1.16, because otherwise it would be incredible, but that is still very good! I don't see it on the leaderboard, though.
  17. At the time i thought i was no good but i got a good spawn but i wasnt recording but i still had a timer up.
    *Sad Minecraft Noises*
    *Edit: Yes it was 1.16
  18. Aw, I'm sorry. :(
  19. Ok so I decided to speedrun the Halloween event and believe it or not my record is 3:36. I havent used OBS in a while so the recording is all messed up, but I have a shadowplay capture of the last 2:30. I'm going to try to record another sub 4 run tomorrow as an official record and if a handful of people find this interesting I'll add a prize for whoever has the record when the event disappears.

Rules: Timer starts when you take your first step in Zahnenn (take time before moving to /trash your inventory)

Timer ends when you get the reward message by right clicking the sign ("Received Mail from: Empire Minecraft" or "You have already received this reward")
  20. Ive also been practicing for this but I haven't been able to figure out how to get past the hurdle of fishing RNG for fabio Jr! :p
    DaybreakerMC likes this.