SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. Lee just found out that with the anti-griefing update that players can not remove the blank signs for locking that we normally provide above each chest. We're going to have to remove those signs and place each one inside a chest instead.
    I know A LOT of various people have helped us add locked chest rooms over the years. I'll have to run around and see if there are any which I cannot break. This should be "fun" lol.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  2. There needs to be an "anti" build mode where, when turned on, no matter what you place, others can destroy the blocks you place
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  3. WitherDoggie just old me it's "/noprotectmode" Dice. Hooray!
    Tuqueque, ShelLuser and ChickenDice like this.
  4. There is, check this post by Aikar: /noprotectmode. When you enable that (be careful!!) then nothing you place will be protected. This hasn't been added to the wiki yet (to my knowledge) but sits on my todo list for this evening.

Edit: Ninja'd :p
  5. For those people who are on the PWU team, please send me a friend request. I need to get all of you on there for builds and repairs.
  6. Hey that's my line LOL ;) Thanks Doggie!
    Tuqueque and WitherDoggie like this.
  7. Ok, so to clearly explain the mess at Pigmentus and Hot Rods for everyone -

These builds use redstone. Since we've always done big group builds for PWU, various people have placed various parts of it. At Hot Rods, different people placed the sticky pistons and blocks (especially the glass). The pistons can no longer push those blocks even if we are both on each other's friends list. Hence, we have some broken grinders.

Bobby started fixing these yesterday, and Corrupted and I are out there now fixing them.
    Tuqueque and ShelLuser like this.
  8. Hot Rods is repaired! Woo HOO! Thank you Corrupted <3

Sushi Drop is again out of locked chest space for players. Can I get a volunteer from PWU to add a bunch more please and thank you!

TotoStyle, Fe(II) is running out of locked chest space also. I know you already have areas carved out for that expansion behind the walls. Do you want to do this, or do you want me to do it (or find someone who wants to do it)? Thanks!
  9. With the latest Anti-Grief update, all chests placed before hand are now protected to the user and can't be locked. This makes for the locked chest rooms at each build be unusuable until we manually go through, knock down the chests, and replace them and the signs in /noprotectmode. Its a huge pain, I know but here's the current list for what wild utility builds still need to have their locked chest rooms fixed:
    • Sushi Drop
    • Hot Rods
    • Pigmentus
    • Fe(II)
    • Nether Hunting Grounds
    • Slime Time
    • Squid Doom
    • Dragon Slaying Arena
    • Witch Farm (Work in progress)
    • 3 Grinders
    Please let me know if you tackle and fix one so I can keep the list updated :)
    Tuqueque, ShelLuser and khixan like this.
  10. What's Cooking with SMP8 Public Wild Utilities (PWU)?
    For those who want to know what's done, what we're currently doing, and what's coming up in the next few months.

What's Been Done Recently
    • FORT WART the new witch hut farm and grinder is open!
      • You can reach Fort Wart along the way to Hot Rods. There is a button on the rail, or ice boats. Huge thanks to the many people who made this build happen! I have been ill recently, so no grand opening event planned yet (sorry folks). I'll try to put something together in the future.
    • Lots of fixes due to the anti-griefing update.
    • AverageWalrus and BenMA (and hopefully I haven't confused Ben and WitherDoggie here) added more locked chests out at Sushi Drop. Thank you!!!
    • Hot Rods and Pigmentus were repaired after the anti grief update. Thank you Corrupted and Bobby!
    • The Wild End Dragon Slaying Arena! Many thanks to everyone who volunteered and/or donated :)
    What's In Progress
    • See ChickenDice's post above. Every unlocked chest and sign at every single build needs to be removed and then replaced in /noprotectmode so players can again lock chests out at the builds. This is what I'm currently doing with help from Dice, Doggie, and Ben.
    • Fe(II) will soon be getting more locked chest space.
    • The Fe(II) kill chamber and collection redesign. This actually hasn't started yet, but it is #1 on the list of priorities to get done next.
    • Slime Time is being renovated due to a griefing. The entire Wild South complex is going to be transferred to Slvr and Walrus. They are going to keep the builds public. It's too much for me to run 4 different areas. The slime farm and squid farm will eventually be rebuilt out at Wild North. If you want to help repair and redo Slime Time, please contact Slvr and AverageWalrus or just post here on this thread. They could use some help with that. I believe TBird is already assisting.
    • Find a great slime chunk/s at Wild North at least 100 blocks away from the other builds.
    What's coming up in the future?
    • The Nether Public Utilities Express. This one is becoming a more pressing need and more requested. Expect to see it moved into the "In Progress" section in the next month or so. Redo all the transportation and put it in the Nether for faster public utility access. Rail, horse, and ice boat transport options. This would also involve perfectly linked nether portals, which is a thing you can google if you've no idea what I'm on about. Having players wind up in Pigmentus unexpectedly would be bad LOL. We'd leave the roads at at Wild North, and NHG is fine as is. The North rail though would be removed and replaced by a Wild North Nether Portal transport hub. Each build at North would get its own "drop off" portal.
    • Slime farm at Wild North.
    • Squid farm at Wild North. I need a technical designer with experience on EMC making squid farms please.
    • SeffyChan's Murder Hole. This is a generic mob grinder and would involve another "big dig" like the one we did for the witch hut.
    • Ghast Farm - WitherDoggie. This is a new design by Doggie different than the Scream Machine I was toying with doing. It still needs review and testing for EMC.
    • Wither killing area. Prometha brought up this idea before, and Tuq has raised it again. Corruptedsmile already has a challenge/fun wither killing area. This idea is more about a fast easy efficient wither killing spot. It has many challenges to it. The wither is destructive. The wither's behavior changes with player difficulty settings. Etc. This one is solely in the "throwing ideas around" stage.
    That's everything I can think of for now. If you're interested in any of these projects, please post here on this thread. "In Progress" projects take priority over the future projects, so please, have some patience if your interest is for a future one
    Slime Time is temporarily closed for a renovation due to a griefing. This will take awhile to get fixed. Thank you for your patience.
  11. Im always here to help so ill volunteer for all of them or whatever you want :p
    Tuqueque, _Bunni__ and khixan like this.
  12. My only question, where's Hot rods? Lol
  13. Hot Rods entrance is at Sushi Drop. Go to Sushi Drop, go down to the drop floor. Look for the blaze rod pixel art and the ladder under it. Go down that ladder, enter portal. Hop on rail :)
    Tuqueque likes this.
  14. Me too :)
    Tuqueque, khixan and Lordess_Spartan like this.
  15. I'd like to comment on this and press it: this is taking a while. School is starting soon, Walrus doesn't quite understand the design I've put in place, and Ben and I are working to get the joint mall /v +sbb back into working order as much as we can before school hits for both of us. Slime Time's renovations actually probably won't take that much time, I just need to find a moment when I can get out there and do it. I'm going to be working on this probably on weekends, though. So be sure to hit me up if you know you'll be available over weekends and want to help!
    Tuqueque, khixan, ChickenDice and 2 others like this.
  16. Tuqueque and ChickenDice like this.
  17. Wither-killing arena should be much simpler with block-protections now. :)
  18. Slime Time and squid doom chests are done. I did all the rooms I could find.
    Tuqueque, ChickenDice and khixan like this.
  19. Holy guacamole Kephras, thank you!!! <3
    Tuqueque likes this.
  20. Tuqueque likes this.