SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. Us too! let us know :)
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  2. I can pay for Witch. Maybe since I found the place they will allow it to be submitted (since it's not established?)
  3. Just wanted to say thank you so much for this post, it's gonna be so useful for me since I have no idea where any grinders and things are anymore xD
  4. If you need a tour of anything let us know. There is usually someone on that can assist :)
    Tuqueque, khixan and DaysInTheDust like this.
  5. That will be a lot of money though
  6. Luckily a friend knew it quite well and gave me a mini tour and I found out quite a lot myself by exploring, but thanks a lot!
  7. Like I ever spend rupees on anything besides these builds and sometimes a voucher anyway LOL
    Tuqueque, ChrisFlareon and ShelLuser like this.
  8. Im not the richest in the land. I must use my money to build my army and rules my kingdom....and lurk in the shadows to kill my enemys. But anyways, I can spare some money to help.
  9. You may also want to extend your building policy I think. For example: make it mandatory that everyone who builds / repairs / etc. within the public farming areas needs to have you and some of the other main builders in their friends list. This will ensure that they can place things which others can then remove (or alter) if needed.

Be sure to contact us about that, I'm sure GRIP can also help out here to lessen the pain :)
  10. Anyone who is an active member of PWU (i.e. the SMP8 public wild utilities), please do me a favor and send me a friend request if you have not done so already. Thank you!
    Apologies to everyone who I just had to remove from my "friends" list. It's actually a "build" list, not a friends list, so I have to keep it for the utilities. Sorry folks :( No offense meant by it, love y'all!
  11. I sent you one months ago not sure if you have deleted me or not?
  12. I usually have my friends requests off as I don't use this feature but I will turn it on and send you a request khi.
  13. I have you under Jadzia I think (name changes - the bane of my existence lol). One of your names was on there, thanks! Check and see if it's your main acct pls.
    Thank you Kloned!
    Tuqueque likes this.
  14. I sent a request. You know that you can disable all friends from breaking your blocks and set it true for only certain ones.
    Tuqueque, khixan and BenMA like this.
  15. Yeah you did before i changed my name about 30 minutes ago ( This is my main account still just got my old alts name on it )
    Sachrock, Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  16. Thanks! And trying to keep track of which ones have what setting is so simple and.... Oh wait. No, it's something else for me to screw up.
    <-- suuuuuuper genius
    *anvil falls on head in 3, 2, 1*
    Tuqueque and WitherDoggie like this.
  17. Hey I send in some capital fund money for this update. I don't have a lot but I can spare some for the smp8 public utilities which i frequent often and love to see un-griefed.
  18. I sent you a friend request, im pretty sure CattNapInn is already one of your friends.
  19. First, I realize that this might take things a bit too far, but I figured I'd simply share. I'll also roll the whole thing up into a guide soonish, but that will most likely have to wait for tomorrow.

You can have it both ways if you want.

First go to the 'Anti grief' player settings (/ps) and turn off the option "Allow friends", as well as the option "Allow friends to vouch". This will ensure that people in your friends list will not be able to "just" mess with your protected buildings. Now no one in your friends list can mess with your uncommon blocks (or stuff you did while using /buildmode).

Then use this: /fr blockbreak <name> true for every friend you wish to have building access.

So basically you'd overrule the setting on a per-friend basis. This works just fine if you have, say, 10 - 20 people building, but can become tedious if there are more. Another caveat: remembering to remove it when someone stops building or supporting.. Removing them from your friends list is probably much easier to remember. Even so, the command would be: /fr blockbreak <name> auto.

Hope this can help a bit ;) Depending on the amount of players (and ease of use) I think your best bet is to use your friends list as a 'builders list', it'd be much easier on you.
    Tuqueque, khixan and Kephras like this.
  20. I can pay for protection for one of the builds seeing that I don't play much anymore. Just let me know.
    Tuqueque, khixan and b0bbythebuild3r like this.