SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.2%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.1%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.6%
Guardian Farm 38 vote(s) 12.1%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. Fe(II) has multiple issues happening. There is a convo created by Lacronton who did a fabulous detailed report on them. Please be patient while we get things fixed there, thank you all!
    Tuqueque likes this.
  2. NEWS- Ehh with Aikar lastnight update, it broke stiky pistons. Pigmentus, Fort Wart and Hot rods use stiky pistons, so if someone comes close, it might break them. Fixing them now wont make sense, because if someone comes later, then it will break again(im not sure if they are broken yet thou). So we ask you to evitate these farms for the moment until Aikar fixes the stiky piston bug!
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. --Kicks self in head-- Sigh. Thanks for letting us know Tuq. I'll have to check out the post regarding this for details.
    tuq1 likes this.
  4. Thats a bummer that sticky pistons wont work anymore :/
    tuq1 and khixan like this.
  5. Note that this isn't by design, it's a bug. Aikar is aware of this and I'm sure they will fix this as soon as possible.

But yeah, it might be best to close a few utilities for the moment. For example: the water 'flush' on Pigmentus won't work right now.

Just my 2 cents on this of course.
  6. On top of the sticky pistons issue, someone has griefed Pigmentus. Multiple blocks are missing and someone killed the villager. There is no staff online currently.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  7. PM a staff on the forums then?
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  8. Eviltoade is online.
    khixan, tuq1 and AyanamiKun like this.
  9. Toade just finished his investigation & khixan & team are now repairing stuff. wanted 2 do something so figured i might as well keep ppl informed ^.^
    Lordess_Spartan, khixan and tuq1 like this.
  10. And we found even more griefing, but now there's no staff online again. My luck I swear LOL. Thank you all!

B0bby, Chris, Corrupted and I are doing repairs as we can.
  11. Toade came back, woo hoo! Almost all fixed guys, except with the sticky piston bug, you CANNOT afk at Pigmentus. The entity count will go insane and you will lag out the server!
  12. Maybe is better if we shut down the portal for the meantime... Someone might do it accidentally, and the spawning of pigmen can happen even if you are relatively far away, so crashing smp8 is not good...
  13. Pigmentus and Hot Rods are temporarily CLOSED until Aikar or Chickener fix the sticky piston bug.
    They will be re-opened as soon as that bug is resolved. Thank you!

EDIT: Please do NOT use the manual crush at Witch Farm (Fort Wart). With the sticky piston bug, you will break the witches being able to drop down.
  14. B0bbyTh3Builder or RDmaster, I need your help please at Pigmentus. The redstone doesn't seem to be firing correctly, and nothing I'm trying is working.

Pigmentus is open again, but not working right.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  15. ok so if he has not came yet.... did u adjust for wmf redstone tick changes?
    Tuqueque likes this.
  16. I sorta kinda got it working again Crazy, but it's not right. I'll let Bobby or RD or MrC figure it out. They're 10x better at redstone than the rest of us. Thanks!
    Tuqueque likes this.
  17. Still need help? I'll see if I can find you in-game and will also take a look to see if there's anything I can do. I don't call myself an expert, but I'm pretty fluent when it comes to redstone circuits.
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  18. The Pigmentus timer is back in action, and SMP8 is safe again for now. :p
    Tuqueque, JohnKid and khixan like this.
  19. i believe fort wart is fixed now, dont know about hot rods, thou
    khixan likes this.
  20. Only Hot Rods is left to fix, many thanks to Bobby and BenMA. I just got home. I need to cook dinner, eat dinner, clean up, and then... we'll see how I feel. I'll either log on and fix it, or fall asleep on the couch LOL. It's been a big day :)
    AyanamiKun, tuq1 and AncientTower like this.