Server Problems, Post Here!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by chickeneer, Nov 3, 2014.

1. I'm not using any texture packs (of course I wouldn't use x-ray texture packs), but for some mysterious reason, chests were completely see-through for me. Relogging didn't help.
  2. Try restarting minecraft, perhaps multiple times. A while ago I also often had that problem, and restarting was the solution for me. :)
    We3_MPO and Tuqueque like this.
  3. this happened to my wife yesterday as well. she thought all the chest had vanished. completely exiting MC and restarting the launcher fixed it for her
    We3_MPO likes this.
  4. This started happening a lot to me when I got 5zig. Just restart both the launcher and Minecraft, as previously mentioned, and you *should* be fine.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  5. I just logged in and that helped. Thank you!
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  6. Anyone else not able to connect to emc? i've been trying for like an hour :\ says it's down for maintenance but i can see theres people logged in emc right now D; I can log into other servers just not emc
  7. Haven't been able to log into any server for a while now. Anyone who was on before the authentication servers went down can stay connected, but once they disconnect, they won't be able to rejoin until the servers come back up. This happened to me :/ I logged my main off to get some ghost blocks to reappear and now I can't get it back in.
    607 and jossytheninja like this.
  8. That explains why I can't get on....
  9. As of 8:14pm EST

EDIT: At 8:15pm EST, I got this notification from 5zig:
    We3_MPO likes this.
  10. I can't connect to any server in relation to EMC. I have tried every direct address, play.emc.gs, and connection to the dev server, all of which have failed not only for my main account but my alts as well. I've restarted my computer and wiped the .minecraft folder clean and reinstalled 1.12.2 and attempted to join but to no avail. I am not greeted with any kind of error message, Minecraft simply freezes, and system believes I have been online for roughly 30 seconds before I am apparently rejected by the server. My screen stays frozen on the dirt screen though, after Logging In... appears.

I'm thinking it's just to EMC since I can connect to any other server without issue...

But for now... ARK, I suppose! :p

EDIT: All of my latest.logs come out looking like this:
    [22:21:12] [Client thread/INFO]: Setting user: SBB_2
    [22:21:13] [Client thread/WARN]: Skipping bad option: lastServer:
    [22:21:13] [Client thread/INFO]: LWJGL Version: 2.9.4
    [22:21:14] [Client thread/INFO]: Reloading ResourceManager: Default
    [22:21:14] [Sound Library Loader/INFO]: Starting up SoundSystem...
    [22:21:15] [Thread-3/INFO]: Initializing LWJGL OpenAL
    [22:21:15] [Thread-3/INFO]: (The LWJGL binding of OpenAL. For more information, see http://www.lwjgl.org)
    [22:21:15] [Thread-3/INFO]: OpenAL initialized.
    [22:21:15] [Sound Library Loader/INFO]: Sound engine started
    [22:21:17] [Client thread/INFO]: Created: 1024x512 textures-atlas
    [22:21:18] [Client thread/INFO]: Narrator library for x64 successfully loaded
    [22:21:25] [Client thread/INFO]: Connecting to play.emc.gs, 25565
    [22:21:27] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT]
  11. Maybe Ark is causing it and forcing you to play it instead :p
    607, Sydney4363 and Sazukemono like this.
  12. Apparently adware managed to break everything?
    Idk, but working now after refusing to work since I last posted, lol. Ran a scan that found some adware, removed it, and now all good.
  13. Hi, think the servers are down? I can not connect. Cannot resolve host name.
    Also, when i go to https://empireminecraft.com/servers/ and check the different servers i get a message that it cannot be found.
  14. Weird. I'm currently connected to smp1, and that works fine. I tried connecting to smp7 too, that worked too. Both smp1 and smp7 work for me at that link you gave...
    WeezerNL likes this.
  15. Ok, that is weird. Then it must be something at my side. I haven't changed anything since my previous connection to emc... no new programs.. nothing. I'll figure it out then.
  16. Maybe an obvious question, but have you tried restarting your computer and your internet (modem/router)? :)
    WeezerNL, luckycordel and 607 like this.
  17. No... but that is the first thing i was planning on doing indeed :)
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  18. So, that didn't work.
    I haven't got any other connection issues... a well.. ill figure it out later.. in the mean time if anyone has a bright suggestion... please feel free to share it.
  19. So... one last thing... i can connect to an other minecraft server.
  20. It doesn't have to be on your end. There are a few routers in the US which are used by some parts of the Netherlands, and those routers sometimes go haywire, thus disconnecting you from the Empire.

On Windows you can test for this by opening a command box (win-r, then enter: cmd.exe) and issuing this command: tracert play.emc.gs.

See what happens, if that command stalls somewhere (my guess is that it'll do that somewhere when showing US names) then that's most likely the cause of your problems.

For the record: I seem to have the same problem, and I'm 100% sure that it's not caused on my end.

(edit): Skip that, I just logged in.