Server Problems, Post Here!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by chickeneer, Nov 3, 2014.

1. If you were one of the first people to play it. That is possible.
  2. smp2 tps:

Update: now
    TPS on Utopia is a perfect 19.99/20.0/20.0
  3. Here on EMC forums I've been having generally fine connection, with lag spikes severe enough to give me an error message, but my PC isn't laggy at all and my internet connection has all 5 bars. (NOTE: This is from the northeastern quarter of Middle Tennessee, in case location matters.)
  4. My alt at my gold farm keeps crashing every 10 minutes from various error messages here is one of them. (Only one of them crashes, the other one on the same server tends to be fine)
  5. Are they on the same computer?
  6. Yes
    Edit: Just got this

7. Macs come with a whois function in the utilities folder, i think it's the networking app. Been a while since i've used it, but i believe it does offer ping response upon lookup.

- Andy
  8. Question. Friend of mine on here Rubikari is experiencing heavy lag and high ping all over EMC. He tried some other servers on the net with no issue. He has his game set at minimums. Nothing background running. Not sure how to help him. :/ Any suggestions?

Side note, until yesterday, he ran smoother than butter on a hot fryer. No system updates. No browser updates. We're flummoxed.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  9. whats his FPS/Ram usage in MC? as well as whats his Ping to the server? ISP Speeds?
    Zomberina and We3_MPO like this.

10. Side note, he is in the Canary Islands.
  11. Apparently sticky pistons cannot move blocks in and out of a sub-zone... not sure if this was intended.
  12. Thanks for the report. We will take a look into this
  13. SMP2 TPS:

SMP1 TPS is 19.97/19.97/19.98
    SMP3 TPS is 19.99/19.98/19.99

All as of 2-17-18 @ 10:15am EMC time.

EDIT: At 10:27am it fixed itself
    We3_MPO likes this.
  14. The last few weeks I've been noticing random ping spikes, I blamed my wifi because my wifi is generally awful, but today I noticed it's pretty much everybody on pretty much all the SMPs. May just be a sudden attack of the wifi-sniffles, but I thought I'd draw attention to it in case it is indeed a bug!

SMP1

SMP2

SMP3

SMP4

SMP5

SMP6

SMP7 (pardon the many spelling mistakes.. :oops:)

SMP8 (dead, as usual for some reason.. people, we need to revive it!)

SMP9

UTOPIA

Pardon the ten screenshots. I'm just trying to show that it's basically the same on every SMP. I don't know why this would be, but I just figured I might draw attention to it, should it be a repairable server-side bug. (May also just be Minecraft, I honestly don't know..)
    607 and Starsphere like this.
  15. Making no claim about your connection - but the ping metric is unreliable.
    607, Harp4Christ and Starsphere like this.
  16. My wifi is bad in general, so that's why my ping is like 300.
    Harp4Christ likes this.
  17. Mm, true.. connection bars in the tab menu are also similar in being generally awful (that's actually how I noticed it in the first place)... I took screenshots of that as well, I just didn't want to put 20 screenshots in one post.

Also, I have talked to a few others and they have been experiencing similar issues for about a week. Been checking /tps this entire week and it's generally in the 19.5-20 range.. I figured it wasn't that that was the issue.

Sorry, I'm really bad with technology.. so I have no idea how to report the issue in a way that is helpful, I also don't know if it's just a coincidental collective wifi hiccup or not..
    I talked to some others again and, while many of them have bad wifi in general (as Starsphere evidently does), it's not just those with awful wifi.
    607 likes this.
  18. even with my ping at 200ms and my wifes at 213ms we didnt feel anything from it. but as you were saying I am hearing over discord more people saying they are all the sudden having issues
    607, FadedMartian and Harp4Christ like this.
  19. Slvr and I both ran into odd lag spikes tonight. I only mention it bc usually it's not both of us at the same time. Then Harp said she was having lag spikes too. Disconnecting and reconnecting seemed to solve it for me. It was between 8 and 10 pm EMC time roughly speaking. I'd have to check my logs to pin it down further. Could have just been 2 hiccups. I normally don't run into lag that bad except at a banner shop or the equivalent. I didn't check anything other than /ping, and you just said that doesn't help you. Not sure there's much else I can offer. Hope everything is fine :)
    FadedMartian and Harp4Christ like this.
  20. I was on SMP1 at the time, and I had no lag. My ping was about 60ms the whole time.