Server Problems, Post Here!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by chickeneer, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Aikar probably won't update the server in the middle of the night because he sleeps like everybody else, and fixing bugs while being tired might make things worse. Also, people from other countries are online when we aren't, so they'd be affected by the one minute warning of an update (if it was in the middle of the night).

While automatic updates would sound like a solution, any bugs that show up right after wouldn't be fixed right away because no one would be available to fix them.

Are you using Minecraft 1.12.2? EMC just updated from version 1.12 earlier.
    Nickblockmaster, 607 and Harp4Christ like this.
  2. Error on joining? If it's the wrong version screen, update to 1.12.2.
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  3. found a small bug i think shell told me 2 report

if u tie ur llama to a post and then eggify u lose ur lead. tried 2 spawn it again but the lead is gone, this is what it looks like:

waste of a good lead, lol!
  4. Not sure if this is known but /res message no longer works. It can be tabbed by using /res [press tab key a bunch] but running it results in the following message
    Unknown command, please type /help

5. Its
    /res message enter
    /res message leave
    We3_MPO, UltiPig and ShelLuser like this.
  6. Thanks, there really should be usage info on /res message though.
    We3_MPO and ShelLuser like this.
  7. ShelLuser and WardleDeBoss like this.
  8. In-game, so where you run /res message instead of it displaying the unknown command, showing usage.
    So if I ran /res message with no arguments it would show something like this
    Usage: /res message [enter/leave] [message]
    607 likes this.
  9. So like what it says when you only type /res message enter and it shows the proper usage (Optional res number and the message)?
    607 likes this.
  10. Yeah but when ran through /res message it would show all usage options (So a little different than using /res message enter where it shows only the specific arguments)
  11. The /help command seems to be broken, the only way to use /help is "/help help"
    607 likes this.
  12. Devs already looking at this but good to have it here in case others ask
    607 likes this.
  13. I was on smp3, but then I switched computers. After doing so, I got a message when I tried to connect reading:
    "Could not connect to a default or fallback server, please try again later: io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelAnnotatedConnectException"
    I could however, connect to games. But going from games to 3 came up with the same message.
  14. Just a curiosity. Did we lose the perk as supporters that automatically collects your daily rupees for you? I'm gold now, but I only get my daily bonus when I log in. Truth be told, I'm not that worried about it. My concern is that the supporter screen still claims that we get the daily login bonus automatically.
  15. I don't know, but I do know that it only collected automatically at the END of the day; so at midnight, if you haven't been online at all during the previous day. :)
    Blondekid42 likes this.
  16. https://empireminecraft.com/threads/changes-to-supportership-for-eula-compliance.71607/ Basically the automatic part is when you log in you get the rupees automatically.. No longer automatic if not logged in.
    Eviltoade and Blondekid42 like this.
  17. There seems to be an issue with the group difficulty settings, but it only manifests itself on Utopia for some reason.

I normally play on diff. 6 and Aya usually on 4. Therefor we always use a group when we play together and set the difficulty to 5. This works fine on the SMPs but today I noticed something odd on Utopia:

Aya's difficulty goes up from 4 to 5, but as you can see mine remains on 6. Even though the group difficulty has been set. Because this only happens on Utopia (as far as I can tell, I didn't test on all SMP's ;) ) I initially thought about a rogue /ps setting but can't think of anything which could affect this.

(edit)

We did some testing and it doesn't matter who the group leader is, or who invites the other.
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  18. This thread isnt the place to report potential bugs, please use PM's for that.

but this is working as intended. The cooldown for bringing yours down still applies - just as if you reduced your personal difficulty.
    Blondekid42, jacob5089 and 607 like this.
  19. Over the last four hours, I've been alternatingly unable to connect or able to connect with EXTREME lag. I've tried SMP8, SMP7, and Utopia - all are failing.
    ShelLuser and FadedMartian like this.