Server Problems, Post Here!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by chickeneer, Nov 3, 2014.

1. I've had the same problem all day. 3k+ms ping on a computer that usually runs ~40ms. I can't even connect to see my TPS.
  2. From what I hear, you guys aren't the only ones with problems, but it seems to be isolated incidents. The servers themselves seem healthy to me. I'd check your local ping, open up a cmd prompt and try the command
    Code:
    ping www.google.com

or try a speedtest website to see if it's something on your end. Sometimes restarting routers works well when these sorts of issues crop up.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  3. ping 11ms, jitter 2.7ms, download 29.6mbps, upload 5.99mbps. also i don't have windows so i can't run a cmd prompt.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  4. Ping time's fine testing against ten sites from my bookmarks; EMC is the only problem.
    607 likes this.
  5. Net neutrality is officially gone
  6. Often network issues can affect particular ISPs or particular areas of the country. Tracert sometimes help identify those, but I wouldn't recommend posting one here. Maybe submit one to pmdev.emc.gs? I don't see anything right now that would indicate a server side issue.
  7. What's a tracert lol
  8. I can connect fine to other servers (one of which is hosted in Canada) with a 40ms ping. When I try to connect to EMC (which is hosted in North Carolina Florida) it does not work.
  9. Can confirm I cannot play on EMC. I can connect and then I'll just time out. It was working earlier but isn't now. All the other servers on my list have roughly 20-90 ping, but EMC is in the 2000's.

EDIT: If it helps I can send a traceroute to the dev team.
  10. Same problem.
  11. Ping on emc when it goes though is 78 ms. Chunks don't load fully, then it kicks me. Hope this is sorted soon!

- Andy
  12. It looks like the host is having issues. Probably server side, not client side.

- Amdy
    Sydney4363 likes this.
  13. Multiplayer server page says my ping is ~1s. Experiencing similar symptoms to hamboy's.
    hamboy14 and Sydney4363 like this.
  14. EMC is hosted on Florida, not NC.

Anyone having issues please run: http://winmtr.net/

to play.emc.gs, and PM me the results

also ensure you are connecting to play.emc.gs if you are having issues on direct connect addresses and see if that helps.

I'm notseeing any signs of network issues on EMC, so its likely a certain route to EMC is having issues, and if your unlucky enough that your ISP uses it, your impacted.

Nothing I can about that but just wait it out, I assure you where ever the issue is, people are trying to fix it.
  15. When I try to connect, it gives me this:
  16. Please run an MTR as mentioned in my last reply.
    607 likes this.
  17. Running macOS, not Windows.
    I'm trying to connect to the following addresses, and none of them work:

emc.gs
    play.emc.gs
    smp1.emc.gs
    smp2.emc.gs
    smp7.emc.gs
    smp8.emc.gs
    utopia.emc.gs
  18. see this:
    https://linode.com/docs/networking/diagnostics/diagnosing-network-issues-with-mtr/

mtr -rw play.emc.gs and paste output to me privately in pm

please do not run tracert/mtr to emc.gs or empireminecraft.com

you must use play.emc.gs - they are different
    607 likes this.
  19. taking too long to download, probably should just wait until the ISP route clears (I have no idea what I'm talking about rn, the only code I know is BBCode)
    MerRhyAndBright likes this.
  20. Corrupted and Ben cannot connect to smp8. It's tossing them off with that io.netty Sockets/Connection error.
    I know Corrupted is on a PC, and I think Ben is too. I'm on a Mac, and I was able to get connected. I did experience... dunno what to call it, some lag, but it was more like just weirdness. I'd place blocks, and then they wouldn't be there. At one point I typed "now" and it came out on screen as "nonow". It was just strange. I finally gave up.
    ShelLuser likes this.