Rules Updates: August 11, 2018

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Aug 12, 2018.

1. changing my name to biremenow
  2. Huh? I don't get what you are saying. I also feel like there might be some mistakes in it, as, for one, I think you meant to say 'Bite'.
  3. hehehe he meant meee
  4. you dank meme
    ShelLuser and bitemenow15 like this.
  5. I was typing on my phone. And you are right. I made mistakes.

I have included the non-bitemenow fixes here.
    ShelLuser, 607, ThaKloned and 2 others like this.
  6. Context is key, and I understand we all like surprises but in context I can understand the changes to the rules and can actually support them. I am a little confused why we decided to make the rule changes now when they weren't ready to be fully implemented but whatever. Let's avoid this in the future and maybe just provide a little context :). Then we can all understand the whole story before we jump at each others necks over misleading conclusions. All in all I feel like this is a decent compromise. Thank you for your hard-work Krysyy and EMC Staff. I hope to see these changes implemented.
  7. Ah yes, watching your auction die without any bids, but you cant bump, lovely!!!
  8. Question: how do auctions work, like the actual function on emc? Can someone grab me a link? I am lost in the dark.

- Andy
    ShelLuser likes this.
  9. This reduced the auctions to a popularity contest. Hopefully market chat revamp can partially rememdy the problem.
    ILTG, FunWart and Otus_NigRum like this.
  10. I mean not to call you out Rhy but I was the one that told mark to auction it so I could bid on it, I already had it book marked and was gonna bid :p
    ASliceOfRhyBread likes this.
  11. Also don’t mean to call you out here rhy :D but the reason he wasn’t gonna bump it is cause he didn’t have time to, he sent me a book asking if I could bump it for him and I told him all I can do is bid which I was already planning on doing. If you want to see the book let me know :p
    ASliceOfRhyBread likes this.
  12. Scuf
    You're killing me ;-;
    OriginalScuf likes this.
  13. Can't wait for these 1 item auctions to die down. Its no fun looking though junk auctions.:( maybe there not all junk but still...
  14. I take back everything I said about the new auction rules (except for the bumping part) Because now people are auctioning off books that they've written and its so wholesome??
    look out EMC I'm boutta spill my writing juice all over the auctions sections
    ILTG, Windylava, Sazukemono and 2 others like this.
  15. PHRASING! Stop spilling your juice over us Impulsive <3

#StillAgainstThisRuleWhollyAndPassionately
    Impulsive_Egg likes this.
  16. As someone who tends to auction large quantities of things people who only run bulk stores or are planning a drop party are interested in (ie. fish, rotten flesh, etc), threads in the auction section push less popular threads down within a handful of hours, and my bidders are few. If I can't bump I might as well not put that stuff up for auction cause it just won't be seen by most interested parties before its buried.

And I really do not see many in-game advertisements for suction threads, usually go days if not weeks between seeing someone advertise in game. Not objecting to that rule change however, because I think it happens so seldom it won't affect anyone at all.

17. Ah, so now people can auction my books! :o (Except for the Piwi Certificate, of course)
  18. Question : Is all auction advertising banned? Like, could we advertise with a sign on our res? Or is that not allowed?
  19. As I understand the rules here and Chickeneer said... This should be fine due to not being specified in the rules
  20. Sorry for a late response, I actually try to avoid this thread somewhat. Noticed that other players didn't notice (your post) so let's see...

Ok, disclaimer: Explanation without any bias on my end (as you can see: this stuff has become "a little" controversial to say the least, and I obviously also have my opinion about the whole thing. One which I shall now cast aside: <poof>).

Auctions on the Empire

Auctions on EMC are held on the forums, not in-game (not officially). You start an auction by creating a thread in this forum, and then specify the item(s) you'd like to put up for auction. Please be sure to read the auction rules first.

Generally speaking you need to specify the item(s) you want to put up for auction, the opening bid, the minimal bid increase and finally how long you want your auction to run. After you started your auction you basically have to wait and hope for bids to come in. If they do then the bidder is bound by their bid: they cannot pull out again. If no bids come in then you're out of luck. Especially because it will take 7 days without bids before the auction will be considered automatically closed, and you cannot run 2 auctions at the same time (unless you're a supporter).

After an auction does end with a bid both you (the host) and the highest bidder have obligations to attend. You need to provide the items to them within a few days (it is not specified in the rules, but my personal take is to try and get this sorted out within 2 days at most. If you can't then at least PM the winner to tell 'm when they can expect their items) and the bidder is obviously obligated to pay. Once again, a deadline doesn't seem to be specified in the rules.

What I usually do myself as a host (because I trust the EMC staff to have my back when something doesn't go right) is to provide the items and tell the bidder to pay me during pickup. I've been playing on the Empire for 4 years or so, held plenty of auctions and so far this never failed me.

And that's it. EMC Auctioning 2018 mini guide without bias.

I hope this can help.
    ILTG, Nickblockmaster and 607 like this.