Random Screenshot Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Hoi, Feb 19, 2013.

1. It's the chroma hill resource pack
  2. Wow, I didn't think they were already called resource packs in 2013.
    Anyway; then it must be descendent of the same. As I'm sure I recognise those textures from either GeruDoku or DokuCraft!
    The_Mancub likes this.
  3. there were not called resource packs way back then but whatever it does not matter
    607 likes this.
  4. It's looking at me...

Secret project I'm working on, and it's kind of amazing :)
  5. I spent about an hour working on this. It's just a little piece that was based on this here which was based on this piece done by Bosoc.

6. Just when you drained out a few ocean temple levels the rain starts. Something tells me though that it won't be having too much effects :D
    jossytheninja and 607 like this.
  7. For once, we are spared from the auctions.
  8. This dude keeps me busy....Taken blocks he knows aren't his... Friggen End Pirate...

9. I'm posting here for two reasons:
    First off: I found my old Minecraft screenshots back! These are screenshots made from April 2012 to February 2015: and there's 1771 screenshots in total! :eek: That's a lot, isn't it?! I feel like it is. :p

Secondly: I've got a bit of a story to tell. ;)
    I had had a bit of a rough afternoon today, and, having started working on something on my residence the day before, I decided to go onto EMC for a bit of relaxation.
    After a few minutes, somebody asked if anyone had saplings spare, so I gave them 10 saplings each of 3 different kinds. :)

Shortly afterwards, somebody else asked if anyone knew redstone. Well... even though I haven't got too much practical experience, I do know how redstone works. So I offered to help them.
    He was using a video as a reference, and not having that video myself, nor being able to break blocks or flip levers, made it a bit trickier to figure out how it worked - and how it was supposed to work. :p
    But then I realised something, and asked him to break a certain block.

There was a missing redstone torch!
    Placing that and replacing the mined blocks fixed the issue, but shaelagh mentioned having no idea how it actually worked.
    So I spent some time to explain it. ;)

Having headed back to my residence, I did some more building. But I was running out of stone bricks, and didn't have too much stone either. I had got quite some cobblestone left still, but I didn't really feel like doing smelting.
    So, as I wasn't talking to anyone this time, and could go to the Wastelands without a problem, I got onto the idea of mining some fresh stone there.
    But I didn't have a Silk Touch pick-axe.
    Well, whereas I had quite an unfortunate afternoon in real life, I was being lucky in Minecraft indeed.
    I looked in my weapons/tools chest, and found an unused, unenchanted Diamond Pick-Axe. I thought "I might as well see what enchants are available", and went to my enchanting set-up. To my delight, the 3rd option available revealed the Silk Touch enchantment. Great!
    That enchantment needed 28 levels to be unlocked. Now, let it be the case that I had precisely 28 levels at the moment. :D
    So I enchanted the pick-axe, and, having expected to get Silk Touch I only, got a bonus of Efficiency IV!
    I don't think I've ever mined this fast. :D
    I put the pick-axe into my vault, and headed to another server, so I didn't have to empty my inventory. I found a server where the only contents of my inventory were two golden apples, and that was fine, I could take those with me. I opened one of my vault pages that is still full of junk (I have sorted out most of my vault pages by now), and hey, there was food in it! A bow and arrows also weren't too hard to find, although I didn't end up using them.
    I happened to have one of my voter's swords in the vault too, so I went on out.

At some point I got reminded that I should watch out a little bit!

I had headed underground to mine stone first and foremost, but I thought I could as well get nicely deep. And I found treasures everywhere!! No diamonds, of course, finding diamonds is not something I usually do. But I really did stumble across a lot of redstone ore!!

As I didn't have any other pick-axes with me, I mined everything with my Silk Touch pick-axe. Why not, right? ;)
    I also mined into caves and ravines a handful of times, but I didn't venture too far into those, as I hadn't for any moment considered taking armour with me; and of course, I was still staying on difficulty 7. I made sure not to get hit. ;)
    At some point I found this cave, that had been found before:

The previous adventurer left the gold for me, though!

After mining quite some stacks of stone and going through half of my pick-axe's durability, I headed back home, underground. I was going entirely by feel, looking at the coordinates but not doing any arithmetics. At some point I started digging up, supposing I'd probably be able to find the outpost easily from where I would pop out of the ground.
    Well, look where I got up...

Right at the outpost's feet! Isn't it amazing? :D

Here's all I ended up getting. :)

Also, I apparently used neither my bow, nor any food during my expedition. :p (and of course the golden apples were left untouched too)
    Before signing off, I did actually store my stuff in the proper chests, this time around. ;) Even the things that had been in an unorganised vault before! :)

As to what I was building? You might see that later.
    Knowing me, it might take a few years until I've made considerable progress. ;)
  10. That was an enjoyable read, thanks for sharing!
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  11. So here I am in the wastelands, I just dug up some clay and suddenly heard a noise (ambient sound) which hinted at a large open area around me. I was at the bottom of a river so figured I'd dig down....

Talk about luck!

Because there's a whole Mineshaft structure here (and a huge ravine) I decided that a small mining base was needed. Yeah, but (un?)fortunately I sometimes tend to overdo that a little bit ;)

Floor, walls and a roof. Small storage (DC), smelting options and a window :)

It's easy to get carried away like this. I mean...

Just look at that view :)
  12. Ok, this is not on the Empire but my redstone world, still...

Bonus points for those who can recall what game this is (no: Minecraft doesn't count ;) ).

Last weekend a friend and me were talking about some of the puzzle games we used to play and that suddenly gave us an idea. The above is the first draft. It's very simple: you can only push blocks, not pull them. So if you move a block against the wall you're pretty much screwed. The goal is to push all the wooden blocks on top of the diamond blocks.

Now, I know what you might be thinking: you can't push a block in Minecraft. True. That's why I made this:

With that routine you can push blocks around ;)

Only problem is that every game piece needs to be controlled individually so that's going to be quite some work. Fortunately we now have functions, so that's going to keep things quite manageable.

Don't mind the armor stands by the way, this is all debug stuff, in the final version you only get to see the wooden blocks and that's it :)
    607 likes this.
  13. Aaah, I love such creations! :D
    Remaking the kinds of games you'd program in BASIC in Minecraft, I love it. ^.^
    I'm hoping to see a little more on this!
    ShelLuser likes this.
  14. Oh, you will ;)

Someone else convinced me that we should make a whole world out of this, and just this evening we managed to setup the first official beta stage (beta = we got all the game mechanics worked out). We trimmed things down into two modes, one is autonomous and the other static.

Autonomous means that the very moment you walk up against a block it'll move on its own. Useful, but also has a few caveats. The other, and the mechanic we're going for, uses sneaking. So you walk up to a block, sneak, and the block will be "pushed" (obviously only if there's enough room behind it).

We're now busy (re)building the actual levels, 50 in total. The plan is to turn this into an official gamemap and put it up for download (probably behind an adfly link).
    607 likes this.

15. Remins me of a game called LoLo

16. One of the things I seriously admire about the Empire is the way the devs. implemented anti-grief, aka. block protection. Instead of claiming a region you claim blocks. Build something and when done (and with using either the right command and/or right blocks) that build will be yours and no one but you or your friends will be able to mess with it.

Without block protection stuff as shown above wouldn't be possible. That is... it would be possible but after seeing it get torn down a few times I'm pretty sure anyone would stop bothering.

Which brings me to my post and the screenie. Need your head? /waste e @ smp2 has you covered.

The platform shown above allows you to put your stuff into a (ender)chest, set your spawnpoint (bed) and go skydiving ;)

This is one of the reasons I admire the block protection so much. Knowing for a fact that it can''t be stolen, only put to its intended use, really motivates me to build stuff like this. Right next to the outpost (so even if you're a little uneasy in the waste you don't have to worry about pesky mobs), and if your head drops and due to a freak accident you get pulled offline for an hour or so then you also don't have to worry about your stuff despawning. Hoppers + chests take care of that.

So yeah... head farm on SMP2's /waste e!
    Tah2, Jelle68, 607 and 1 other person like this.
  17. We made this at the market day event on accident:
    2 person minecarts. Now we can have actual trains.
    Tah2, 607, FoxyRavenger and 1 other person like this.
  18. Elfin and 5imon are escaping into my browser :eek:
    Kryarias, Tah2, NuclearBobomb and 2 others like this.
  19. Gotta little foxy up in here.. This has been here for awhile now but thought I'd share.