Random Cool Commands!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Matherox, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Done :p
    Equinox_Boss and cadgamer101 like this.
  2. It's been waay too long since we posted to this so I'm blatantly disregarding the red warning below and spout of as if nothing has happened. Which, in fact, is quite true ;)

Many little things change on the Empire and sometimes commands get added which make it easier to use already existing features. And this is one of them. Reason I mention it is because it can be ideal, depending on your goal:

/diff <number> - Change your difficulty setting on the server you're on.

By default we all play on difficulty 5, this is pretty close to the standard Minecraft setting. But you can also easily set this higher if the mobs don't provide enough challenge, or even lower if you don't want to risk getting overrun.

Use /diff to check your current setting and use the above to actually change it. Note: this command is also available using the /ps command.
  3. List:
    /homersimpson (For you to find out :D)
    |=========================================================================|
    Ever since the Major Update, the Dev Team has made it so that this command will not work.
    Before the update, the command system only looked to see if the command sent contained 'home'. If it did, then the command returned true.
    After the update, the new and improved command system checks to see if the send command ONLY contains 'home' and only that. The 'home' counts as arg[0] and the res# counts as arg[1].
    So it will only work if you use '/home 1-6'. |=========================================================================|

For some reason there isn't a command for nether outposts?
    |=========================================================================|
    Ever since I could remember, there has only ever been a single nether outpost.
    I think that this was to stop people from getting to extreme distances without much effort. Because you have to think about the nether to overworld ratio, as it is eight times as far in the overworld as it is in the nether. So, a player might have spent hours and hours mining a tunnel to get to their base say, 100k blocks out. All another would have to do is go through a portal around 12500 blocks in the nether and be right there. |=========================================================================|
    @@ Starts a private message with the most recent PM'd player.
    @@<message> Quickly responds to the last player to PM you.
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  4. Its been a while but I got a new one. And just like before this isn't really a command itself but more like something handy to know... I only knew one half of it until I started to experiment some more.

Using the Left & Right mouse button on a crafting grid

If you have a lot of items (say gold nuggets) and you want to place 9 of them on a crafting grid in order to make a gold ingot you could place every nugget onto the grid manually (right click every time) but that's tedious. If you place one nugget, keep the right mouse button pressed and hover over the entire grid you'll see that you placed 1 nugget in every section.

No more, no less. If you go over a section which already has a nugget in it then it won't place another. And if you do place a second nugget and go over the entire grid again you'll see that once again only 1 nugget is added to every section and nothing more. This is an ideal way to quickly fill a grid:

Only 1 nugget is placed in every square...

But what if you have 46 nuggets and want to spread them out in order to make 5 ingots (5 * 9 = 45)? You could place the entire stack and then right click on it to cut it in half, and continue doing so until you spread the nuggets over the entire grid. Or...

Place the entire stack onto the grid and keep the left mouse button pressed. Then hover the mouse over the grid and you'll see that your items get divided across all used sections:

46 items divided over 3 sections: 3 * 15 = 45.

Hover over more sections and your collection of items gets divided even further. When I move my mouse over the next section you'll see that the collection gets divided again:

This is an ideal way to quickly turn a collection of items into another item (like nuggets into ingots, ingots into blocks, and so on).
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  5. Sorry if this is a repeat but have you added about moving every item of a certain type at once. Shift+double left click?
    cadgamer101, 607 and ShelLuser like this.
  6. Because your Krysy the Mistiress of EMC
  7. Now, this is another thing which isn't really a command (sort off) but I still think it's cool to know...

If you need to make several teleport signs which point you to the same location then there's a neat trick for it. Just use /res tpsign once and then create all the teleport signs you need (place a sign where the first line says 'teleport').

Example? So I finished my bulk storage last week. Finally I got 4 different sections which allow me to store DC's of different items:

It has 4 sections and as you might be able to see each has a (teleport) sign; this is used to get back to the main area. Only 1 /res tpsign required, after that all I had to do was place these 4 signs, one after another.

So yeah.. Another cool 'command' which has more options than you might realize.
    cadgamer101 and 607 like this.
  8. This thread is very old but contains so much useful info that I'm bumping it anyway. And because I hate bumping I'd like to add yet another thingie which isn't a command in itself but still useful to know.

Did you know that you can repair items without an anvil?

If you have 2 broken (or worn out) items then you can combine them and you'll end up with one less broken item. No anvil required; only your own crafting grid.

Warning: This isn't the cheapest way to repair stuff. For example: if you'd have 2 diamond chestplates then you'd basically "repair" one at the cost of 8 diamonds. In those cases an anvil is probably much cheaper.

And on that subject: this method does not keep enchants. If you try to repair an enchanted item this way then you'll lose all the enchants and end up with a regular item again.
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  9. I found one once but I have no idea what it does, /;
    SirTah and Jelle68 like this.
  10. Yeah, I don't get why nobody seems to do that. I never let my tools break. Even the stone ones I repair. Why wouldn't you do it?